What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 68755
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:51 pm

How did relying on Europe to solve Yugoslavia work out? One of the few times I applauded Bubba.

How did relying on Europe to stand up to Putin work out?

Iraq?

Iran?

Syria?

North Korea?

Detroit?

--J. "Was it 'Over' When the German's Bombed Pearl Harbor?!" D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

User avatar
sparks
Posts: 14466
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by sparks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm
sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm
Bullshit. If we insist on being the Planetary Police Pharce, then we are indeed Sugar Daddy.
You just argued that we do not live alone on the planet.

Soooooo . . . which is it then?

--J.D.
You imply a discontinuity where there is none.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72894
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm
Real Democrat TM litmus test. :cowbell:
.
Totally worth it.jpg

Would be totally worth it either way.
Just something I threw together on a moment's notice.

I will see if I can't release it to the wild. Remember where you saw it first. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 68755
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:36 pm

sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm
Doctor X wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm
sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm
Bullshit. If we insist on being the Planetary Police Pharce, then we are indeed Sugar Daddy.
You just argued that we do not live alone on the planet.

Soooooo . . . which is it then?
You imply a discontinuity where there is none.
I imply nothing, I merely noted what you wrote. Do I need to quote it for you?

It appears your beliefs have consequences that prove untenable for you.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 9295
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by xouper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 pm

sparks wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 pm
So, when he comports himself as a boor, and this fouls up relations with our allies and gives aid and comfort the our enemies, this doesn't matter?
xouper wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 pm
Assumes facts not in evidence.

Your subjective interpretations do not count as objective facts. Repeating liberal talking points also does not count as objective facts.
sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm
Very well. I stand corrected on the use of the phrase 'aid and comfort to our enemies'.

However, to put it bluntly, he offends our allies and in spite of the fact that xoup doesn't recognize this fact as being in evidence, it is nonetheless. And this causes a constant low level giggling and delight among our enemies.
The "fact not in evidence" is whether the way in which Trump "offends our allies" counts as "something wrong with Trump". You made a subjective interpretation of its meaning.

Perhaps I could have been more clear on that point in my previous reply.

User avatar
sparks
Posts: 14466
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by sparks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 pm

To you both: Thank you for your observations on what I've said. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 9295
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by xouper » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 am

sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 pm
To you both: Thank you for your observations on what I've said. :)
In case it matters, none of that diminishes my opinion of you personally. I still consider you a worthy conversationalist. :)

Surprise
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 am

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Surprise » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:04 am

Trump still thinks that China is paying for the import tariffs.

Surprise
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 am

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Surprise » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 am

19 things that Trump knows better than anyone else in the world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... e3ff8fd75f
1) Renewables
"I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." — April 2016

2) Social media
"I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" — November 2015

3) Debt
"Nobody knows more about debt. I'm like the king. I love debt." — May 2016

4) Taxes, again
"I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world. Nobody knows more about taxes." — May 2016
"Nobody knows more about taxes than I do -- and income than I do.” -- May 2016
I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them.

5) Banking
"Nobody knows banking better than I do" — February 2016

6) Wall Street bankers
MATT LAUER: You're a guy who said you know the Wall Street bankers better than anyone.

TRUMP: Better than anyone.

— April 2016 on NBC's "Today" show

7) Money
"I understand money better than anybody. I understand it far better than Hillary, and I'm way up on the economy when it comes to questions on the economy." — June 2016

8) The U.S. system of government
"I think nobody knows the system better than I do." — August 2016
"I am a person that used to be establishment when I'd give them hundreds of thousands of dollars. But when I decided to run, I became very anti-establishment, because I understand the system than anybody else." — July 2016
"Nobody knows the system better than I do." — April 2016

9) Campaign contributions
"I used to be, George, the fair-haired boy — you know, when I was a contributor. I know more about contributions than anybody." — November 2015

10) Politicians
"Nobody knows politicians better than Donald Trump." — February 2016 rally

11) Sen. Cory Booker
If Cory Booker is the future of the Democratic Party, they have no future! I know more about Cory than he knows about himself.
(We're putting this on the list assuming that nobody ELSE knows more about Booker than Booker, which would make Trump the world's foremost non-Cory Booker expert on Cory Booker.)

12) Trade
"Nobody knows more about trade than me." — March 2016

13) Jobs
I hope all workers demand that their @Teamsters reps endorse Donald J. Trump. Nobody knows jobs like I do! Don’t let them sell you out!

14) Infrastructure
"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." — July 2016

15) The military
"There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am." — June 2015 Fox News interview

16) ISIS
"I know more about ISIS [the Islamic State militant group] than the generals do. Believe me." — November 2015

17) Defense — and offense
"So a general gets on, sent obviously by Obama, and he said, 'Mr. Trump doesn't understand. He knows nothing about defense.' I know more about offense and defense than they will ever understand, believe me. Believe me. Than they will ever understand. Than they will ever understand." — July 2016

18) The 'horror of nuclear'
"There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me." -- June 2016

19) The visa system
"Because nobody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. Nobody knows it better than me." -- March 2016
ok.....

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 68755
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 am

Why do you oppose making America Great Again, Surprise?

:freedom:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33907
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by ed » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 pm

sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm
Doctor X wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm
So, because he was not the compliant lap-dog that was Obama we should care?

Fuck them.

--J.D.
I'll meet you half way Doc. Fuck our 'allies' who do not recognize the rights of the individual. We could well do without those buttheads as allies.
So then, you agree that the entire EU should go fuck themselves?
In Europe, Speech Is an Alienable Right
A human-rights court upheld an Austrian woman’s conviction for disparaging the Prophet Muhammad.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ed/574174/
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10748
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Skeeve » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Well, I believe parts of the EU are really trying to screw themselves...no help from us needed there....
"They let their doom in by the front door, but it will not depart that way..."
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Giz
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Giz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Surprise wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 am
19 things that Trump knows better than anyone else in the world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... e3ff8fd75f
1) Renewables
"I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." — April 2016

2) Social media
"I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" — November 2015

3) Debt
"Nobody knows more about debt. I'm like the king. I love debt." — May 2016

4) Taxes, again
"I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world. Nobody knows more about taxes." — May 2016
"Nobody knows more about taxes than I do -- and income than I do.” -- May 2016
I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them.

5) Banking
"Nobody knows banking better than I do" — February 2016

6) Wall Street bankers
MATT LAUER: You're a guy who said you know the Wall Street bankers better than anyone.

TRUMP: Better than anyone.

— April 2016 on NBC's "Today" show

7) Money
"I understand money better than anybody. I understand it far better than Hillary, and I'm way up on the economy when it comes to questions on the economy." — June 2016

8) The U.S. system of government
"I think nobody knows the system better than I do." — August 2016
"I am a person that used to be establishment when I'd give them hundreds of thousands of dollars. But when I decided to run, I became very anti-establishment, because I understand the system than anybody else." — July 2016
"Nobody knows the system better than I do." — April 2016

9) Campaign contributions
"I used to be, George, the fair-haired boy — you know, when I was a contributor. I know more about contributions than anybody." — November 2015

10) Politicians
"Nobody knows politicians better than Donald Trump." — February 2016 rally

11) Sen. Cory Booker
If Cory Booker is the future of the Democratic Party, they have no future! I know more about Cory than he knows about himself.
(We're putting this on the list assuming that nobody ELSE knows more about Booker than Booker, which would make Trump the world's foremost non-Cory Booker expert on Cory Booker.)

12) Trade
"Nobody knows more about trade than me." — March 2016

13) Jobs
I hope all workers demand that their @Teamsters reps endorse Donald J. Trump. Nobody knows jobs like I do! Don’t let them sell you out!

14) Infrastructure
"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." — July 2016

15) The military
"There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am." — June 2015 Fox News interview

16) ISIS
"I know more about ISIS [the Islamic State militant group] than the generals do. Believe me." — November 2015

17) Defense — and offense
"So a general gets on, sent obviously by Obama, and he said, 'Mr. Trump doesn't understand. He knows nothing about defense.' I know more about offense and defense than they will ever understand, believe me. Believe me. Than they will ever understand. Than they will ever understand." — July 2016

18) The 'horror of nuclear'
"There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me." -- June 2016

19) The visa system
"Because nobody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. Nobody knows it better than me." -- March 2016
ok.....
Wow, sounds like “the most qualified candidate in history”.

Here’s the thing, when one side is making ridiculous claims, I can’t get too worked up when the other side also makes silly claims about competence.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33907
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by ed » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 pm
Well, I believe parts of the EU are really trying to screw themselves...no help from us needed there....
"They let their doom in by the front door, but it will not depart that way..."
A moment please.

That is a High Court Ruling. It is BINDING on all member states.

The EU censors speech critical of Islam. That is not open to interpretation.

So I ask you, do they share our values?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
sparks
Posts: 14466
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by sparks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 pm

ed wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 pm
sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm
Doctor X wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm
So, because he was not the compliant lap-dog that was Obama we should care?

Fuck them.

--J.D.
I'll meet you half way Doc. Fuck our 'allies' who do not recognize the rights of the individual. We could well do without those buttheads as allies.
So then, you agree that the entire EU should go fuck themselves?
In Europe, Speech Is an Alienable Right
A human-rights court upheld an Austrian woman’s conviction for disparaging the Prophet Muhammad.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ed/574174/
That is most unfortunate. Any chance for an appeal of this bullshit ruling? BTW--If the EU insists on going down this rat-hole, then yes, fuck 'em.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 68755
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:22 pm

That sentiment will Offend Our Allies, sparks.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33907
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by ed » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:27 pm

And there we have a QE fucking D

I did not collude with Doc X on this topic
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33907
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by ed » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:29 pm

sparks wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 pm
ed wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 pm
sparks wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm
Doctor X wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm
So, because he was not the compliant lap-dog that was Obama we should care?

Fuck them.

--J.D.
I'll meet you half way Doc. Fuck our 'allies' who do not recognize the rights of the individual. We could well do without those buttheads as allies.
So then, you agree that the entire EU should go fuck themselves?
In Europe, Speech Is an Alienable Right
A human-rights court upheld an Austrian woman’s conviction for disparaging the Prophet Muhammad.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ed/574174/
That is most unfortunate. Any chance for an appeal of this bullshit ruling? BTW--If the EU insists on going down this rat-hole, then yes, fuck 'em.
Appeal? Not sure to whon. And this is the nature of strong centralized government. It's like appealing a ruing from IRS or FTC or Dept of Commerce. You can appeal. Go right ahead. What is your budget?

ETA That WAS the appeal.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/europe-cou ... 1540580231
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33907
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by ed » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 pm

So here we are. Tell me what is wrong with Trump insulting these fuckers? You think playing nice is better?

You know, I am actually beginning to like Trump.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72894
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:19 pm

ed wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm
Skeeve wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 pm
Well, I believe parts of the EU are really trying to screw themselves...no help from us needed there....
"They let their doom in by the front door, but it will not depart that way..."
A moment please.

That is a High Court Ruling. It is BINDING on all member states.

The EU censors speech critical of Islam. That is not open to interpretation.

So I ask you, do they share our values?
Islam is their de facto official religion now, even if they do not enforce all aspects of it.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale