What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Anaxagoras

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 am

I think everyone already has their mind made up about Trump one way or the other.

I am not a fan. A lot of things about him rub me the wrong way. I think he rubs a lot of Democrats the wrong way. At least you recognize that he is "boorish and vulgar and self obsessed". But I'm not going to convince you it's worse than that if you don't already feel that way about him.

If it's any help, think about how you feel about Hillary. You hate her, right? But "what precisely is wrong with her"? If I could turn turn the question around. Can you say precisely why you hate her and would it be something that Trump is free of? Well the people who hate Trump feel about him the same way that people who hate Hillary feel about her. You're not going to convince them that "well, maybe she's not so bad."
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 am

Believe it or not, I have made my peace with Trump. He is corrupt, venal and motivated entirely by self-interest no matter what platitudes he may mouth about being interested in the good of the country or its people; but that makes him like every other politician out there, just worse at hiding it. There are lots of things I don't GET about him; his popularity being foremost among them, but still, he is a prime example of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" and weirdly, I am ok with that.

What I still have a huge problem with is that portion of his fanbase that doesn't want him to be a president but instead wants him to be treated as a king or an emperor or worse some sort of religious figure. The ones like Jerry Falwell Junior who try to convince people that he is literally incapable of error. That, kind of worries me because I am afraid that if that group reaches a certain critical mass, they will get their way.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:23 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 am
What I still have a huge problem with is that portion of his fanbase that doesn't want him to be a president but instead wants him to be treated as a king or an emperor or worse some sort of religious figure.
This.

No one here of course. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

shuize

Post by shuize » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:35 am

I’m with Ed. I have no love for Trump, but the constant cries of “racism” have grown extremely tiresome. As noted above, the label also apparently applies to anyone who doesn’t want open borders.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:43 am

ed wrote:So I ask: what is wrong with the guy?
I staked them fifty bucks in a poker game. He never paid me back.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:24 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 am
I think everyone already has their mind made up about Trump one way or the other.

I am not a fan. A lot of things about him rub me the wrong way. I think he rubs a lot of Democrats the wrong way. At least you recognize that he is "boorish and vulgar and self obsessed". But I'm not going to convince you it's worse than that if you don't already feel that way about him.

If it's any help, think about how you feel about Hillary. You hate her, right? But "what precisely is wrong with her"? If I could turn turn the question around. Can you say precisely why you hate her and would it be something that Trump is free of? Well the people who hate Trump feel about him the same way that people who hate Hillary feel about her. You're not going to convince them that "well, maybe she's not so bad."
I really don't hate anyone. I loathe and despise the Clintons. I despise their milking the system whilst wrapping themselves in a banner of virtue, a banner that claims great service. No one gets close to a billion dollars net worth in the public sector without being fucking evil. That banner is nothing more than a rancid pall of corruption.

I despise the role she played in the Matrix affair. If ever there were a case to be made for treason that is one. And if you want a sniff test of their utter corruption, examine the trend of contributions to the Clinton Foundation.

So, yeah, I can cite chapter and verse re. Bill and Hillary. BTW I also disliked back when she chaired the committee that created the first stab at national health care. The members were "secret". And the content of her speeches to to money people on wall street and her board memberships ... squaring some of those with her progressive bleatings should make you sick. Oh yeah ... how about that absurd and racist black accent in that church. You want patronizing racism? There it is.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:48 am

shuize wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:35 am
I’m with Ed. I have no love for Trump, but the constant cries of “racism” have grown extremely tiresome. As noted above, the label also apparently applies to anyone who doesn’t want open borders.
Or who did not recognize that it was Her Turn.

But welcome to hypocrisy in politics.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 am

All of this is fine and good but it avoids what I am tring to understand and that is the basis for the repudiation and hatred of Trump.

How good a job is he doing?

Well, the economy seems to be firing on all cylinders. By every measure.
He is taking some steps to reduce our troop presence overseas.
He is sticking with the issue that arguably got him elected: illegal immigration
For whatever reason, NK is not in the news
He is standing up to the russians in syria (thanks obama)
Dunno.

Now, what are the treacherous liabilities?
Whores? Collusion? Preventing her turn from getting her turn?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:00 pm
WildCat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:28 pm
Anaxagoras wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm
What precisely is right with him?
He's not Hillary and fights the Democratic Party agenda of open borders and eliminating freedoms recognized in the Bill of Rights.
Which president said: "Take the guns first, go through due process second"?
Which party made gutting the 1st and 2nd Amendments part of their party platform?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:53 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 am

What I still have a huge problem with is that portion of his fanbase that doesn't want him to be a president but instead wants him to be treated as a king or an emperor or worse some sort of religious figure.
The mentally deranged fucktard still has nothing but pathetic strawman arguments.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 am

Exhibit A

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:01 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 am
Exhibit A
I didn't think it needed a label but if you insist...

Now go back to your favorite pastime of making up shit out of whole cloth, or projecting your own psychopathic fantasies onto others.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 am

And you can go back to your favorite pastime of haranguing anyone who doesn't kiss Trump's ass with as much enthusiasm as you.

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:22 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 am
And you can go back to your favorite pastime of haranguing anyone who doesn't kiss Trump's ass with as much enthusiasm as you.
The reason Wildcat "harangues" you is not because you don't kiss Trump's ass, but because you make ridiculous straw man accusations about those you disagree with. Like you just did there. You made a false accusation about Wildcat's motive. If you stop making those false accusations, I would wager Wildcat would stop "haranging" you for it.

Seriously.

If you want to be treated with respect, then stop behaving like an ass. It's as simple as that.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 am

I will bet you he won’t. No one ever does. Proof: I never said a damned thing to him until he chose to fling shit at me.

I behave like a mirror. I treat others like they treat me. This includes Wildcat.
Last edited by Nyarlathotep on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:26 am

And I see that this is going to be a gang up. Que sera sera, I guess.

Who else wants in? It’s getting late so you might not want to waste time

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:35 am

Come on guys. I will probably be going to bed in a couple of hours. If you don't get your shots in at me by then, I won't be able to read them until tomorrow. Surely you want to fuck with me sooner than that.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:40 am

Tick tock, people.

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:46 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 am
I will bet you he won’t. No one ever does. Proof: I never said a damned thing to him until he chose to fling shit at me.
I already explained why he flinged shit at you. And I already explained how you can get him to stop.

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 am
I behave like a mirror. I treat others like they treat me.
I disagree. Quite often it is you who starts the shit.

I stand by my assertion that if you stop falsely accusing others, then Wildcat will stop harassing you about that.

If you refuse to understand the dynamic here, then you will never solve the problem.

No one here will think less of you for giving it a try.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:48 am

And I already explained that you are wrong. He does it because he likes to do it. Nothing I do is going to change that. But fuck it, I am willing to play the game. Especially when the other guy shoots first.