What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
xouper

Re: What precisely is wrong with Trump?

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 pm

ed wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:53 am
I'm in church now and can't put the sound up. Can someone summarize the video?
Summary: There's no evidence in that video that Trump is a racist.

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:57 pm

WildCat wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:45 pm
xouper wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:10 am
I agree, Wildcat's remark contributes nothing to a rational discussion.

But then I also imagine it was never intended as a contribution to a rational discussion.
I gave up on Nyarl ever having a rational discussion long ago, that's not what he wants. Believe me, I tried to work it out with him when he went nuts. We had PM exchanges where I thought everything was worked out, only to have him publicly accuse me of supporting genocide. I don't know what mental health issues he has, but they're deep and far beyond my ability to understand.

I once went to Englewood - home of one of the highest murder rates in the country - to mail a post card to him because that postoffice was built on the site of a notorious serial killer's mansion of horror. He's done nothing but shit on me ever since. Fuck him.

But hey, if you think you can teach that pig to sing good luck.
I'm willing to give it a try. The worst that can happen is I fail. But thanks for filling in some of the background.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 pm

I clearly took the wrong approach with this thread. Shoulda just stuck with shitposts and Yo' Mama jokes.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 pm
I clearly took the wrong approach with this thread. Shoulda just stuck with shitposts and Yo' Mama jokes.
What? You mean your initial posts in this thread were not shitposts?

I've been scammed!!!11!1!!

:wink:

Here's a gratuitous meme to help cheer you up:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 pm

xouper wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Here's a gratuitous meme to help cheer you up:

Yeah. I kinda like the way Buster Scruggs put it.

The bit about (not) being a misanthrope.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 pm
Is posting shit and mentioning Your Mom a big load of redundant?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:30 am

WildCat wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:49 pm
Surprise wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:14 am
"Some, I assume, are good people"
What gets lost is Trump said "their" not "they're". Mexico sends their rapists and other criminals to the USA because they'd rather have them here than there. They've been encouraging their poor and criminals to go to the USA for years, because they don't want them there.
He clarifies he meant just what he said and that if they had played the clip longer he says it's not just Mexico doing it, it's the whole world.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Surprise wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:30 am
He clarifies he meant just what he said and that if they had played the clip longer he says it's not just Mexico doing it, it's the whole world.
You mean sending their undesireables o the USA to make them our problem?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:16 am

When Trump went Bankrupt in the 90’s...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:53 am

And Hillary was a Goldwater Girl in college. :Yawn:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm

We are a bunch of reasonably smart and politically aware folks here which is why I asked the original question.

I have not seen any substantive criticism of Trump. The dislike/hatred seems to revolve around his style more than anything else.

It is sounding a like like a modern manifestation of the two minutes hate from 1984.

No one mentioned Russia, BTW.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Funny about that eh?

I suspect they are still (two years later) still butt hurt because it was HER TURN!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

ed

Post by ed » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Seems that way. As I said somewhere, the response to trump has taken on the air of "bless you" when someone sneezes.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Your original quetion ed was "What precisely is wrong with Trump?", not "What precisely has Trump done wrong that inspires so much butthurt?"

Stop moving the goalposts. :) As for the Rooskies, the investigation isn't over yet. Nor will it be until Mango is out of the Dummycrats way I'm betting.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

xouper

Post by xouper » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:28 pm

sparks wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:05 pm
Your original quetion ed was "What precisely is wrong with Trump?", not "What precisely has Trump done wrong that inspires so much butthurt?"

Stop moving the goalposts. :)
If you want to quibble about the way ed phrased his question or where the goalposts should be, may I suggest that rather than (falsely) accuse ed of moving them, why not propose the topic be expanded to include your version of the question?

Or to put it another way, may I be so bold to suggest that instead of pointless bickering, as you seem to be doing here, why not give ed the benefit of the doubt that he was asking a sincere question and then work cooperatively towards a mutual understanding of what he was asking.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 pm

I am the first to admit that I bullshit a bit here. But when I am serious I really am serious. I trust that it shows (generally).

I am not a fan of Trump as a person and I can understand people feeling that way. So far, I am reasonably happy at what he has accomplished and the positions he has taken. The "how" might be a different matter.

When I see people, folks I have known for decades, sorta loose it over Trump I have to ask "why?".

Here is what I think (these are the things that fly in the face of the TDS sufferers.

-he is not a traitor. Selling out to Putin would make him that.

-He is not a fool or an idiot or mentally disabled. He is a man born to affluence who has never learned to reign in his speech because he never had to.

-people who are really rich are different than us and he takes no pains to hide it. That pisses people off.

-He certainly wheels and deals and has tacked close to the legal edge. Maybe he has gone over it a bit. I submit that every entrepreneur who is successful is about the same, maybe not in degree but certainly in kind.

-Racist? Simple bullshit.

-White supremacist? More bullshit.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln, that's the deal with the with Trump.

Like Lincoln, half the country went batshit insane. It's a predictable response from Democrats.

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:19 pm

sparks wrote:
As for the Rooskies, the investigation isn't over yet. Nor will it be until Mango is out of the Dummycrats way I'm betting.
The issue with Mueller is that he's got to find something good.

Telling the ruskies to go easy and he can offer them flexibility later, doesn't cut it - Obama's been there.

Getting in touch with russian spooks (and even paying them) for dirt on your opponent, doesn't cut it - Hilary has been there.

Process/obstruction crimes also don't cut it. God knows how many dems have wiped emails or privately met the attorney general while their spouse was under investigation.

There needs to be something good. Given the lack of noise so far, I'm provisionally guessing that Mueller doesn't have hard evidence of material crime posing a threat to America.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 am

xouper wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:28 pm
sparks wrote:

Stop moving the goalposts. :)
If you want to quibble about the way ed phrased his question or where the goalposts should be, may I suggest that rather than (falsely) accuse ed of moving them, why not propose the topic be expanded to include your version of the question?

Or to put it another way, may I be so bold to suggest that instead of pointless bickering, as you seem to be doing here, why not give ed the benefit of the doubt that he was asking a sincere question and then work cooperatively towards a mutual understanding of what he was asking.
You may suggest anything you like. Fortunately for us all, you are not a moderator here. :)

sparks

Post by sparks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:49 am

ed wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm
We are a bunch of reasonably smart and politically aware folks here which is why I asked the original question.

I have not seen any substantive criticism of Trump. The dislike/hatred seems to revolve around his style more than anything else.

It is sounding a like like a modern manifestation of the two minutes hate from 1984.

No one mentioned Russia, BTW.
Fine then. I retract my assertion that you moved the goal posts. For you it appears that his style is not substantive. Many think it is. Let's move along now, shall we? :)