Jazmine Barnes killing

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Jazmine Barnes killing

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Who said anything about an "excuse"?

Merely explaining the mealy mouthed terminology in use.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

xouper

Post by xouper » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:15 pm
I am really curious what kind of "mistaken identity" leads to shooting a seven-year-old. Was he meaning to shoot a DIFFERENT first-grader? Sounds like bullshit to me.
Here's an answer to your question:
The Washington Times wrote:Prosecutors said a confidential source had contacted the sheriff by email and told him the killers had “shot the car by mistake,” thinking the vehicle Jazmine was in was someone else’s that they had seen earlier in the night. Prosecutors did not say why the killers opened fire.
Seems the "mistaken identity" was about the car, not the victims. Do you still call bullshit?

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Well, if he meant to shoot at a different car with a different small child in it, all should be forgiven. Mea culpa
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 pm

These people really are not smart. I guess xouper already said it, but it's likely a case of, possibly drunk or high but definitely dumb as a rock idiots saying "hey, there's that car again, shoot it" except it was a different car. Who knows exactly, but I've heard of similar cases. Gang members shooting at a car because it looks like a car that someone they want to kill was seen in recently. Or something like that.

But yeah, he is charged with murder. It's Texas.

The only reason I started the thread was to discuss how people, "campaigners", were jumping to conclusions about how it was a racial hate crime before they even had a suspect. Just based on a witness description and a police sketch.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

xouper

Post by xouper » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 pm
Well, if he meant to shoot at a different car with a different small child in it, all should be forgiven. Mea culpa
Stop with the straw man. No is saying it should be forgiven, or excuse murder.

How many times do you need to be told that? :roll:

We are simply trying to explain a possible motive, since that seemed to be your question.

xouper

Post by xouper » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 pm
. . . The only reason I started the thread was to discuss how people, "campaigners", were jumping to conclusions about how it was a racial hate crime before they even had a suspect. Just based on a witness description and a police sketch.
Yeah, that's a good point. It's a topic worthy of comment.

And yet no good deed shall go unpunished topic shall go un-derailed.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm

A second suspect has been arrested

https://amp.click2houston.com/news/jazm ... n-custody1
As two men have been taken into custody in connection with the shooting death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes, the family has been keeping up to speed on all the developments in the case.

Soon after the suspects appeared in court on Sunday morning, Barnes' father, Christopher Cevilla expressed his reaction to the evolvements of the case.

"I feel some relief 'cause now my baby's got justice, and we can properly put her to rest without having to put her to rest and be still on a manhunt looking for a suspect, suspects. whatever it may be," Cevilla said,

"I'm hurt, I'm upset, but at the same time, I'm happy law enforcement did their job."

Lee Merritt, an attorney who has been advising the family during their time of grieving, was present with Cevilla when the father spoke about the latest in the case.

"The perpetrator doesn't have to be white or politically motivated for the community to wrap their arms around this family. So we appreciate everyone who did give and want to make sure that those funds are used to uphold the legacy of Jazmine Barnes," Merritt said.

There has been a lot of discussion across the community about the search for a suspect, who had been described as a white man wearing a black hoodie in a red pickup truck. A sketch had even been released. When the two men taken into custody were African-American, the prior description didn't fit the focus of the intense investigation that had been going on for a week.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:31 am

The Young Turks speculated it was white nationlist terrorists emboldened by Orange Man (who is bad).

See Nyar, this is actually a thread about your love of people who jump to conclusions to demonize others.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 am

I am more than happy to demonize a child murderer. Any fucking time. Every fucking time. I find it concerning that so many people (that ANY people, actually) have a problem with my doing so.

And I never even brought up Orange Man (who is bad). So you can shove that accusation up your ass.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 pm
The only reason I started the thread was to discuss how people, "campaigners", were jumping to conclusions about how it was a racial hate crime before they even had a suspect. Just based on a witness description and a police sketch.
Absence of evidences--thanks--generates or at least attracts and nurtures an agenda.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:27 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 am
I am more than happy to demonize a child murderer. Any fucking time. Every fucking time. I find it concerning that so many people (that ANY people, actually) have a problem with my doing so.
No one here has a problem with you demonizing child murderers.

Please stop making false accusations about others here.

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 am
And I never even brought up Orange Man (who is bad). So you can shove that accusation up your ass.
No one accused you of doing that.

Please stop making false accusations about others here.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 am

Yet here we are. Still.

Did you even read Corplinx' comments right above mine, to which I was replying?

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:38 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 am
Did you even read Corplinx' comments right above mine, to which I was replying?
Yes I did. Several times. You made several false inferences from those comments. I will be happy to explain in more detail if that would be helpful.

Look, I am not interested in beating you up here, but rather I am sincerely interested in working towards getting along better. And that might require a discussion of why we fight in the first place.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 am

I am not in the mood to have a "this is why you suck" discussion with anyone right now, thanks. Though everyone seems interested in having it with me.

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:54 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 am
I am not in the mood to have a "this is why you suck" discussion with anyone right now, thanks.
OK, we can have this discussion in the future when you are in a better mood.

The alternative is to continue fighting with certain people here for no good reason. Especially since it is within your control to choose a different outcome.

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Though everyone seems interested in having it with me.
I'm thinking it might only be me at this point that is interested in having such a discussion. Not because I think you suck, but rather because I genuinely think we can achieve a better outcome. No one here will think less of you for trying to work towards that goal.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:55 am

Yeah. Sure. Right. ok.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
I am not in the mood to have a "this is why you suck" discussion with anyone right now, thanks. Though everyone seems interested in having it with me.
So . . . a discussion on how you swallow out as well?

Anyways, I summarize my thoughts in My Kind and Humble--Yet MagNIfIcent--Remonstration in the other thread.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:55 am
Yeah. Sure. Right. ok.
I understand about moods. I have them myself and my posting style sometimes reflects that.

At the moment, I am in the mood to cooperate to achieve a mutually beneficial goal. Other days, I might simply say "Fuck it, you're not worth my time."

But the fact is, you are worth it. But maybe not so much when you get in these "moods". :wink:

Tomorrow's another day.