Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07 pm
Sounds like a joke Abdul would make ...
Welcome to my world. :)

Or as I call it "reality". :notsure:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Re: 2020

Post by Witness » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:45 am

Some time ago we had an astrologist running for some parliamentary post. Proudly touted her "qualifications".

They know no shame.

It made me angry!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:10 am

Early signs of mudslinging between Democrats? Just saw this:

Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s Mistreatment Of Staff Scared Off Candidates To Manage Her Presidential Bid

She is a "Bossy Woman" :shock:
At least three people have withdrawn from consideration to lead Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s nascent 2020 presidential campaign — and done so in part because of the Minnesota Democrat’s history of mistreating her staff, HuffPost has learned.

Klobuchar, who plans to make an announcement about a potential presidential bid on Sunday in Minneapolis, has spent the past several months positioning herself to run for president. She’s beloved in her state as a smart, funny and personable lawmaker and has gained national attention for her lines of questioning at high-profile hearings.

But some former Klobuchar staffers, all of whom spoke to HuffPost on condition of anonymity, describe Klobuchar as habitually demeaning and prone to bursts of cruelty that make it difficult to work in her office for long.

It is common for staff to wake up to multiple emails from Klobuchar characterizing one’s work as “the worst” briefing or press release she’d seen in her decades of public service, according to two former aides and emails seen by HuffPost.

Although some staffers grew inured to her constant put-downs (“It’s always ‘the worst,’” one said sarcastically, “‘It was ‘the worst’ one two weeks ago”), others found it grinding and demoralizing. Adding to the humiliation, Klobuchar often cc’d large groups of staffers who weren’t working on the topic at hand, giving the emails the effect of a public flogging.

“Senator Klobuchar loves her staff ― they are the reason she has gotten to where she is today,” a campaign spokesperson told HuffPost. “She has many staff who have been with her for years ― including her Chief of Staff and her State Director, who have worked for her for 5 and 7 years respectively ― and many who have gone on to do amazing things, from working in the Obama Administration (over 20 of them) to running for office to even serving as the Agriculture Commissioner for Minnesota. She is proud of them and the work they have done for Minnesota.”

Some people who worked for Klobuchar say they valued the experience: Klobuchar has an unrivaled command of details, puts in long, enthusiastic hours, and simply demands that her office meet those same high standards, several former staffers maintained. Those employees described working for her as a challenge, but an exhilarating one that caused them to grow and perform their best work. They question whether former co-workers who thought she was abusive were falling for sexist stereotypes about female leaders with high standards.
Ouch! If you think she was a tough boss, clearly you are just a sexist:
Reached for comment, Klobuchar’s office referred HuffPost to multiple ex-staffers who shared glowing statements about working for her.

“I’ve heard people say she’s tough to work for and I sometimes cringe when I hear it because I rarely hear that said about male bosses in Congress despite the fact that half of Congress is tough to work for,” said Tristan Brown, a former legislative aide who called Klobuchar “probably the most brilliant, hardworking person I’ve had the privilege to work for.”
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:10 am

Elizabeth Warren made it official today, she's running for President.

In other news:

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/06/69210300 ... can-claims
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., is once again apologizing for claiming Native American ancestry after the Washington Post reported that she filled out a registration card for the State Bar of Texas in 1986 and wrote "American Indian" in the line asking her race.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:13 am

Why is she even bothering? The Pocahontas thingy is enough to kill her chances.

Looks like we're on our way to another fine line up of turds in 2020.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 am

Warren has no chance, she's just 1/1024 the candidate Hillary was.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:22 am

As I explained today, I have more respect for the criminality of Hillary over Warren.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Amy Klobuchar announces her Presidential bid.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/10/68306323 ... ential-bid
She is the fifth Democratic senator to launch a White House bid, with others still contemplating joining a primary field that has grown to 11 candidates.

The three-term senator cast herself as a practical, Midwestern problem-solver focused on results, not ideology.

"We are tired of the shutdowns and the showdowns, of the gridlock and the grandstanding," said Klobuchar during a snowy, cold outdoor event in a park in Minneapolis. "Our nation must be governed not by chaos but by opportunity."
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 am

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front ... 0-outcome/
For example, assume there are 10 candidates, two of whom receive 30 percent and 20 percent of the vote, respectively, while none of the other eight candidates receives as much as 15 percent of the vote. In that situation, the top two vote-getters would receive 60 percent and 40 percent of the pledged delegates, and no other candidate would receive any.

These rules work well — ordinarily. But, when applied to the large candidate field looming for 2020, they carry two dangers. First, no candidate may win 15 percent of the vote. If that happens, the threshold for receiving any pledged delegates drops to half of the vote share of the leading candidate. The second and much more serious risk is that only one candidate narrowly clears the 15 percent threshold. Under the DNC rules, that candidate would win all of a district’s pledged delegates, even though 85 percent or more of the Democratic electorate preferred someone else.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 am

FSM, what a fucked up system.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:59 am

Hillary will ride to the rescue!
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

sparks

Post by sparks » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:05 am

Her Turn is dead. Long live the new Her Turn!! Who will, I predict, hand the White House to Donny in two years.

Jesus fucking Cheeeeerist.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 am

https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... ent-848323
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is making moves toward a possible run for president, soliciting City Hall staffers with national political experience and preparing to travel to the early primary state of New Hampshire this week, several sources familiar with his plans told POLITICO.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:42 am

Nope.

Mayor of NYC is a dead end job.

Pays well though.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 am

Wake me up when an actual candidate shows up.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 am

Doctor X wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 am
Wake me up when an actual candidate shows up.

--J.D.
Gonna be a long-ass wait.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:35 am

True that because, seriously, Trump was the saner choice over what the Republicans vomited up.

And the Democrats offer worse.

Wrap you mind around that.

--J.D.

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:29 am

What about this one:

Apart from the comical optics of advocating for global warming in the middle of a snowstorm, she seems normal enough to me.

What have I missed?

Edited to add:

And by "comical optics" I mean it is superficially humorous, and I do not mean that it refutes her position.

And by "normal" I mean as compared to say, Crooked Hillary, Liawatha Warren, or certain others.

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:35 am
True that because, seriously, Trump was the saner choice over what the Republicans vomited up.

And the Democrats offer worse.

Wrap you mind around that.
George Carlin has an "interesting" explanation for why there aren't any worthy candidates running for office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07w9K2XR3f0

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Here is a long thread over by DU which may be of interest.

Who would be on your "Dream Ticket" for 2020?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211810553

Overview: Lots of different opinions, nobody getting angry.