Sure, Maybe I Got the Facts Wrong, But I Was Right to Hate That Kid's Face. (doomed)

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Anaxagoras

Re: Sure, Maybe I Got the Facts Wrong, But I Was Right to Hate That Kid's Face. (doomed)

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 pm

"Stole my narrative"

Jesus Christ
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Re: Sure, Maybe I Got the Facts Wrong, But I Was Right to Hate That Kid's Face. (doomed)

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 pm

Served in the marines but never deployed to Vietnam.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediai ... etnam/amp/
William Shakespeare

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:16 pm

And no one doxxes the "young black men preaching the bible and talking about oppression", which is how the MSM initially described the racist, homophobic, vile Black Hebrew cultists.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailyc ... am-service

Phillips himself does not appear to have ever made the claim that he deployed to Vietnam. In several interviews, he has referred to himself as a “Vietnam times veteran” and said in an interview with Indian Country Today that he was called a “baby-killer.” He also indicated that a woman — whom he described only as “a hippie” — spat on him in one such encounter.
Although it seems he is careful to call himself a "Vietnam times veteran", I get the feeling that he doesn't mind if people come away with the idea that he was a veteran of the war itself. The anecdotes about being called a "baby-killer" and being spat on by a hippie chick, while I suppose that they could be true, are also things that we associate with veterans returning from the war, and are impossible to independently verify.

It sounds a little like Senator Richard Blumenthal's service record. He said things like I served during the Vietnam war which was technically true but some people took it to mean that he served in the Vietnam war, and he was and still is criticized for this.
William Shakespeare

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 pm

Covington Catholic Students In Blackface Underline Race Issues At Private School

On the weekend of a national holiday in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. and his teachings, it was a group of white boys from an overwhelmingly white Catholic school in a 90-percent-white county in Kentucky who got the nation talking about broad themes in racism.

A confrontation between MAGA-hat-wearing students at Covington Catholic High School and a Native American sparked a nationwide conversation about racism, the symbolism of the “Make America great again” hat and what it means for a group of white kids to stand face to face with a dark-skinned man and mock, sneer and howl at him.

The teen most infamously involved in that scene, high school junior Nick Sandmann, hired a crisis management firm to pull him and his peers out of the deep end. He released a statement pointing to several black men who identified themselves as Hebrew Israelites and the Native American man, Nathan Phillips, as the real aggressors. A new, longer video of the incident went viral in tandem, and within hours, national media ― including HuffPost ― began walking back their takes, calling the incident “complicated” or characterizing Phillips as “confronting” the teens.

The backpedaling, too, would be short-lived, as new allegations of racism and intolerance from Covington Catholic students quickly surfaced.

No statement appeared to address, for example, a video showing students doing the “tomahawk chop” ― a chant and gesture adopted by the Atlanta Braves in the 1990s and decried as insensitive by Native Americans ever since ― toward Phillips as they surrounded him.

And on Monday, new denials were issued as (now deleted) videos dating back to 2011 surfaced featuring white Covington Catholic students appearing in blackface at their basketball games.
What ever....I am sure if some one were to dig hard enough, we could get dirt on you too...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:43 pm

It wasn't blackface, they painted their bodies black for a blackout game. It had nothing to do with race.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 pm

I'm guessing some people are busy scouring the social media accounts of anyone with any connection to that school for something, anything that can be used against them.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 am

Reminds me of an "Iraq Veteran Against the War" who never served in Iraq.

"Stolen Valor" is much harder to get away with thanks to Al Gore.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 am

And he continues to make more dubious claims.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/native-am ... aga-teens/

Also, fwiw:
Footage showed the Black Hebrew Israelites taunting the students and other protesters, calling the Native Americans “Uncle Tomahawks” and “$5 Indians.”
So the actual racists in the situation basically got a free pass. But those MAGA hats . . .
William Shakespeare

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:18 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 pm

Phillips himself does not appear to have ever made the claim that he deployed to Vietnam. In several interviews, he has referred to himself as a “Vietnam times veteran” and said in an interview with Indian Country Today that he was called a “baby-killer.” He also indicated that a woman — whom he described only as “a hippie” — spat on him in one such encounter.
Although it seems he is careful to call himself a "Vietnam times veteran", I get the feeling that he doesn't mind if people come away with the idea that he was a veteran of the war itself. The anecdotes about being called a "baby-killer" and being spat on by a hippie chick, while I suppose that they could be true, are also things that we associate with veterans returning from the war, and are impossible to independently verify.

It sounds a little like Senator Richard Blumenthal's service record. He said things like I served during the Vietnam war which was technically true but some people took it to mean that he served in the Vietnam war, and he was and still is criticized for this.
In a big discussion at the JREF years ago, I remember the progressives assuring me that veterans being spat on was just a myth and never actually happened. (Except, i guess, for this guy as it turns out)

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 am

Giz wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:18 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 pm

In a big discussion at the JREF years ago, I remember the progressives assuring me that veterans being spat on was just a myth and never actually happened. (Except, i guess, for this guy as it turns out)
While I certainly wouldn’t put it past leftist hippies to spit on verterans, I’d be skeptical it actually happened to Phillips.

But your larger point stands. The speed at which the left and their friends in the “media” can turn on a dime to support the “narrative” is impressive.

When this story first broke, I read some pretty shitty things about the students posted on Facebook. Mostly by friends of friends, but even by of few people I thought were above that sort of thing. Now that the real story has come out, I’ve seen very few apologies. It all just gets shoved right down the memory hole and time to move on the the next “What I want to believe must be true” story.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 am
And he continues to make more dubious claims.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/native-am ... aga-teens/

Also, fwiw:
Footage showed the Black Hebrew Israelites taunting the students and other protesters, calling the Native Americans “Uncle Tomahawks” and “$5 Indians.”
So the actual racists in the situation basically got a free pass. But those MAGA hats . . .
Useful idiots in the mediasphere are penning articles on how wearing Trump hats and smiling are racism to support the narrative. They figure by Thursday the plebians will be gas-lit into not knowing what to believe again.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 am

There are two common myths that no one likes to challenge but for which evidences--thanks--appears wanting:
  • 1. That people actually spat on Vietnam Vets when they returned.
    2. That people actually posted "Irish need not apply" in Boston.
"There must have been one," people may protest, but it is what it is. The point on one side is that there was not a significant number of either. On the other side, the myths arise from what was a very different view of Vietnam Vets from veterans of "The Good Wars," and there was a lot of anti-Irish/Catholic prejudice until the Irish took over and convinced the Italians to hate black people instead [Citation Needed--Ed.].

In the rain.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:17 pm

More blow back...
Covington High School closed for the day amid video furor
We have seen the entire hour and forty-six minute video and stand by Nathan Phillips. While this longer video gives better context to the situation, it still does not absolve those boys of their behavior,” AIM said.
Seriously?
This gives new meaning to denial...

“Nathan Phillips is a respected elder. He stepped in to what he saw was a tense situation between the Black Hebrew Israelites, who were yelling harmful things at Natives and the school group, and the school group who were becoming increasingly worked up.”
So for confronting a bully in a non-violent manner, the students are targeted.

How DARE they not cower in fear before the leftest douche bags....

Death threats and protests besiege Kentucky town after Lincoln Memorial faceoff
COVINGTON, Ky. — Just hours after President Donald Trump intensified the nation’s focus on this Northern Kentucky town, describing the students of Covington Catholic High School as “symbols of Fake News” in a Tuesday morning tweet, Native Americans assembled in front of the local diocese in protest.

They demanded an apology for the confrontation between local students and a Native American elder in front of the Lincoln Memorial on Friday, an incident that has pushed this area into the center of the heated national debates over politics, race and the media.

There have been death threats, local officials say, and fears that large demonstrations could descend on Covington Catholic High School, upending life around this town of 40,000 just south of Cincinnati.
The incident “has already permanently altered the lives of many people,” the diocese said in a statement Tuesday, noting that an independent, third-party investigation into the Lincoln Memorial incident will begin this week.
SO, now 'the left' is willing to protest and dox children, and their families.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm

And of course, digging up the dirt on the other guy.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... ree-times/
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm
And of course, digging up the dirt on the other guy.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... ree-times/
Turns out Phillips was more of an "aircon" ranger.

I thought "Marine Recon Ranger" sounded odd. But my old man was Force Recon, and I thought the "media" might have messed it up.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Well, the fact that he has a DD-214 does prove that he was indeed in the military.

Going UA 3 times, never did that myself. Kinda hard to spend 4 years (almost) in the military and get discharged as an E-1 unless you got busted down at least once.

Still, I'm guessing they would have mentioned it if his discharge status was anything besides "honorable".

William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm

My guess is his last AWOL was near the end of his hitch so they didn't bother about administrative separation.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:17 pm
So for confronting a bully in a non-violent manner, the students are targeted.
But they were white kids Skeeve! And Catholic! And they were wearing MAGA hats!

And most important, it was Her Turn!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Like Blumenthal, he learned it is hard to lie about your record in the times of Al Gore's interwebs.

--J.D.