Sure, Maybe I Got the Facts Wrong, But I Was Right to Hate That Kid's Face. (doomed)

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Sure, Maybe I Got the Facts Wrong, But I Was Right to Hate That Kid's Face. (doomed)

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:02 pm

And then the cherry on the sundae: Phillips says that the Black Israelites were "saying some harsh things but some of it was true." Which parts were true, Mr. Phillips? The parts where they called Native Americans "totem pole worshipers"? Or where they shouted "f*ggot"? Or where they called a black student at the school a "coon"? Or where they called the children "incest babies" and "future school shooters"? Nathan Phillips has taken the side of avowed racists who verbally assaulted a bunch of kids. Whatever credibility he had is now gone. Considering he had none at all, his credibility account has hit negative. He's racking up overdraft penalties as we speak.

Daily Wire
But Trump!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

gnome

Re: Sure, Maybe I Got the Facts Wrong, But I Was Right to Hate That Kid's Face. (doomed)

Post by gnome » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:43 am

A take on it all that I rather appreciated.

The Atlantic: The Media Botched the Covington Catholic Story

Caitlin Flanagan wrote:Among other things, journalistic ethics held that if you didn’t have the reporting to support a story, and if that story had the potential to hurt its subjects, and if those subjects were private citizens, and if they were moreover minors, you didn’t run the story. You kept reporting it; you let yourself get scooped; and you accepted that speed is not the highest value. Otherwise, you were the trash press.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:35 am

Better: you keep dragging the names of innocents through the mud rather than admit you were wrong because Freedoms of the Presses!

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:35 am

gnome wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:43 am
A take on it all that I rather appreciated.

The Atlantic: The Media Botched the Covington Catholic Story

Caitlin Flanagan wrote:Among other things, journalistic ethics held that if you didn’t have the reporting to support a story, and if that story had the potential to hurt its subjects, and if those subjects were private citizens, and if they were moreover minors, you didn’t run the story. You kept reporting it; you let yourself get scooped; and you accepted that speed is not the highest value. Otherwise, you were the trash press.
Besides critiquing the media, she took the time to watch all relevant videos she could find and even researched the religious beliefs of these "Black Israelite" street preachers so she could re-report what actually happened that day. (Some of the things they say don't make any sense without knowing their belief system.) Worth reading the whole thing.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 am

One of the more fun, yet disgusting, bat shit cults. Bottom line: they are racist Cunts who belong with the WBC, the actual KKK groups, and Tinkerbell.

Too many dismiss the "Cry Wolf" aspect to screaming "T#H RACISTZ" to anyone who dares to disagree. There are racists. This cult is one. The whack-job who killed a black man in New York with a sword is one.

I feel a rant coming, yet I have things to do. . . .

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Whether there is an actual organized plot to this effect or merely the result of a bunch of Democrats pulling in the same direction as a conditioned reflex, the cumulative effect (this being the latest instance) is to send the message to beware the mob.

If it becomes unsafe to support the president casually in public, what do you suppose it will do to his chances of reelection?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:49 pm

There is definitely a push to make wearing MAGA caps equivalent to putting on a white sheet or swastica armband.

Long term it could definitely help them by removing the other side from the public sphere. Make them non-respectable, non-mainstream. Short term, it could just end up rallying the “shy trump voters”.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:11 pm

Digging up more trash on tribal elder:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... s-teenager

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Even articles defending the kids keep pushing the bullshit narrative that they did the "tomahawk chop", harassed women, and were racist:
Some boys did a tomahawk chop when Phillips walked into their group. There is a short video of a group that seems to be from the high school verbally harassing two young women as the women walk past it. In terms of the school itself, Covington Catholic High School apparently has a game-day tradition of students painting their skin black for “black-out days,” but any attempt by the school to cast this as innocent fun is undercut by a photograph of a white kid in black body paint leering at a black player on an opposing team.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ry/581035/

1. The "tomahawk chop" was simply a cadence keeping gesture they were doing while doing the "7 nation Army" cheer, it's a very common cheer at high schools and colleges. For example, here's an entirely different high school doing the same cheer and several of them are doing what the smear-campaign media describes as a "tomahawk chop" and hopping up and down at 3:56, the exact same things the Covingtong kids did that was described as mocking and racist:

2. All the video with the woman shows is they exchanged a few words, and I'd bet anything that what started it was the woman making rude comments about their MAGA hats.

3. Taunting opposing players at a sporting event? Really? That's the norm at sporting events at all levels. The black body paint was because it was a blackout game, and there's always those fanatics that go the full nine yards with body and face paint at sporting events. More manufactured bullshit to smear kids.

This entire episode is sickening, and shows the media at their very worst. They don't even pretend to bother with getting the other side of the story any more. These kids did nothing wrong, the adults bullying them did everything wrong, and the social justice mob and their media allies smear the kids.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:06 pm

The Kansas City fans were joined by Atlanta fans to taunt Vietnam War Hero Philips by recreating this racist Nazi salute cum mocking of Native Americans of Color.

True Patriots punished them both.

For Freedoms.

Yes, there is an extra shot of espresso, why DO YOU ASK?!!!1!!!!

--J.D.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Giz wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:49 pm
There is definitely a push to make wearing MAGA caps equivalent to putting on a white sheet or swastica armband.

Long term it could definitely help them by removing the other side from the public sphere. Make them non-respectable, non-mainstream. Short term, it could just end up rallying the “shy trump voters”.
I made a thread about it a while back. Basically, HillaryCo escalated the race to Orwellian society by taking the drastic step of dehumanizing voters as a mainstream strategy of her campaign instead of letting the fringes do it.

viewtopic.php?t=45339

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Conspiracy theory sighted over by Free Republic:

This is anti-Catholic ideological preparation for the next Supreme Court appointee.

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Something else occurs to me, that it doesn't take a right-wing stereotype to jump around and do tomahawks. It may not be particularly mature, there may be reason to question the ethnic schlock surrounding some celebratory or "sports-event" behavior, but my point is it's not realistically a way to establish an individual's position on racial politics.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 pm

There are idiots that claim simply voting for Trump is racist.

In one of the linkypoos on the SCOTUS decisions, there is a suggested article about a veteran fighting his gym since his "Trump 2016" t-shirt is "racist" or some such nonsense.

--J.D.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 pm

In one of the linkypoos on the SCOTUS decisions, there is a suggested article about a veteran fighting his gym since his "Trump 2016" t-shirt is "racist" or some such nonsense.

--J.D.
"Well, if you support a racist you are racist."

As if all these people are supporting David Duke.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Lawsuits coming. I hope a lot of people and media companies get the pants sued off of them.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:42 pm

They should sue them in England.

--J.D.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:42 pm
They should sue them in England.

--J.D.
Since the kids were not public figures they don't have to show malice, only negligence.

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:54 pm

If there is a big payout, there will be much smirking.

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:07 pm

corplinx wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Doctor X wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 pm

--J.D.
"Well, if you support a racist you are racist."

As if all these people are supporting David Duke.
Terminology gets in the way of clarity here a lot, I think. While people fight (foolishly, in my opinion) over the "default" meaning of the term "racism", there are two concepts being referred to-- a bigoted opinion about race (such as can be held by an individual or group), and as a power dynamic (comparable to the term "plutocracy").

Personally I don't see why to get mad at someone for meaning one version when you're trying to talk about another. Why not just specify as soon as the argument arises?

For what you describe, the person could mean either--and in fact could be wrong about either--but deciding which slice of the term is intended would seem necessary to challenge the claim effectively.

And yes, Abdul, I know nothing really means anything anymore. If we must be resigned to that we should close the forum. Still here? Ok, let's continue the discussion then.
--Soldier, TF2