Yes, Non-Citizens Are Voting In US Elections

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Yes, Non-Citizens Are Voting In US Elections

Post by WildCat » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:30 pm

AG Pax­ton: Texas Sec­re­tary of State’s Office Dis­cov­ers Near­ly 95,000 Peo­ple Iden­ti­fied by DPS as Non-U.S. Cit­i­zens are Reg­is­tered to Vote in Texas
Attorney General Ken Paxton today issued the following statement after the Secretary of State’s office discovered that about 95,000 individuals identified by the Department of Public Safety as non-U.S. citizens have a matching voter registration record in Texas, and roughly 58,000 of them have voted in one or more Texas elections:

“Every single instance of illegal voting threatens democracy in our state and deprives individual Texans of their voice. We’re honored to have partnered with the Texas Secretary of State’s office in the past on voter initiatives and we will spare no effort in assisting with these troubling cases. My Election Fraud Unit stands ready to investigate and prosecute crimes against the democratic process when needed. We have obtained a number of successful non-citizen voter fraud convictions, including prison sentences for Rosa Ortega in Tarrant County and Laura Garza in Montgomery County. And earlier this month, investigators from our office arrested Marites Curry, a non-citizen charged with illegal voting in Navarro County. Nothing is more vital to preserving our Constitution than the integrity of our voting process, and my office will do everything within its abilities to solidify trust in every election in the state of Texas. I applaud Secretary of State Whitley for his proactive work in safeguarding our elections.”
And that's just the ones they identified. And if that's happening in Texas I can only imagine the scale of the problem in California, Illinois, and other sanctuary states where not only is there no political will to ever even look into this, but they encourage it with a wink and a nod.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Yes, Non-Citizens Are Voting In US Elections

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:25 pm

If they voted Republican, there would be no investigation and the Democrats would howl.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:38 pm

It ain't necessarily so:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/us/n ... texas.html
Sam Taylor, a spokesman for the secretary of state, said the announcement on Friday did not mean that the authorities had discovered 95,000 registered voters who it knew for a fact were noncitizens.

Instead, the office was advising local officials to ask these voters via mail to provide proof of their citizenship. Mr. Taylor noted that it is a felony for noncitizens to vote in Texas, and a misdemeanor for them to register.

Mr. Taylor said the authorities believed that the method they had used to identify these potentially problematic voter registrations had left “very little, if any” room for error.

He said the investigation used a range of identifiers — including first and last names, birth dates and full or partial Social Security numbers — to cross-reference voter rolls and public safety records.

For example, he said, if someone had used a green card to apply for a driver’s license, that would remain on file with the Department of Public Safety, which is responsible for law enforcement and vehicle registration.

“We can’t see a situation in which this would produce a false positive,” he said. “These are people whose last and most recent visits to D.P.S. showed them to be noncitizens through documentation that they submitted and which D.P.S. has kept on file.”

But Ms. Clarke said there were often mundane explanations for cases like these, including simple administrative error.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:41 pm

All 95,000 of them?

WAKE UP PYREEPLE!!

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:30 pm

This would probably have flagged me in Georgia a few years ago (I became a citizen and registered to vote, but the dmv still had me as a green card). I kinda doubt that could account for 95,000 though.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 am

Giz wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:30 pm
This would probably have flagged me in Georgia a few years ago (I became a citizen and registered to vote, but the dmv still had me as a green card). I kinda doubt that could account for 95,000 though.
I wonder if there's a database of naturalized citizens they could check it against.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Giz

Post by Giz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:56 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 am
Giz wrote:
I wonder if there's a database of naturalized citizens they could check it against.
While I'm sure there is a list, it might not be routinely shared. I was told at the time that each government department keeps seperate records and it was on me to inform each of them (social security, passport, dmv, etc) with me providing proof each time.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:25 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 am
Giz wrote:
Don't know about Texas but not in Nevada. At least not in any counties I dealt with anyway.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:33 am

I wonder when people register to vote in Texas or anywhere else, do they have to prove their citizenship?
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:35 am

The federal government has records of naturalized citizens somewhere or other.
Not sure what the issues are about various jurisdictions looking at such records.

Of course it is inevitable that there must necessarily be some non-citizen voters, the real questions (other than prevalence) are:

1) How many involving impersonating actual citizens?
2) How many with false ID as citizens?
3) How many here illegally?
4) Above all -- is any of it systematic rather than individual fraud?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:42 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:33 am
I wonder when people register to vote in Texas or anywhere else, do they have to prove their citizenship?
In Nevada, you have to produce either a driver's license or a state ID card. You can also register to vote if you have a social security number, though I am unsure of how that works in person in terms of proof. I know to register online you need the license or ID card because you are checked against that database with your DL# or ID# (because I helped implement that). But it all varies by state.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:49 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:42 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
In Nevada, you have to produce either a driver's license or a state ID card. You can also register to vote if you have a social security number, though I am unsure of how that works in person in terms of proof. I know to register online you need the license or ID card because you are checked against that database with your DL# or ID# (because I helped implement that). But it all varies by state.
But can't non-citizens have drivers licenses or state ID cards or social security numbers? I don't mean illegal immigrants, i mean legal resident non-citizens.
William Shakespeare

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:49 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:35 am
The federal government has records of naturalized citizens somewhere or other.
Not sure what the issues are about various jurisdictions looking at such records.
SFAIK, the counties don’t even have access to those databases. Dunno about the state.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:53 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:49 am
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:42 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
But can't non-citizens have drivers licenses or state ID cards or social security numbers? I don't mean illegal immigrants, i mean legal resident non-citizens.
I think they get special DL’s and IDs though the mechanics of that for voting is beyond my ken. I think they are a separate database or at least flagged (that’s all done at the state level, which isn’t where I worked), same as if you are a minor

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:02 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
In Illinois it's an honor system. And nobody will check, ever.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:08 am

WildCat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:02 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
I will add that it is pretty much impossible to check using the methods used in Texas.

Though one might wonder about the utility of bothering with illegal aliens when dead or non-existent people are so much more reliable.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:36 am

WildCat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:02 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
Because they have no honor!

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Meh. Nothing a little gerrymandering won't cure.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Sucks to be Texas.

I understand one of them actually found his own ass with not one, but both hands recently.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:45 pm

Sucks to be Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania admits to 11,000 noncitizens registered to vote
The Washington Times
A top Pennsylvania lawmaker called on the state Wednesday to immediately expunge the names of 11,198 noncitizens whom the state confirmed are registered to vote, despite not being eligible.

State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, a Republican and former chairman of a House government oversight panel, said the administration of Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, belatedly acknowledged the large number of noncitizens in communications over the past two months.

“I believe that we need to take action and have those people removed immediately from the rolls,” Mr. Metcalfe told The Washington Times. “They were never eligible to vote.”