You may have read something about the Democrats wanting an "electable" candidate?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

You may have read something about the Democrats wanting an "electable" candidate?

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:12 am

I've seen a lot of articles along those lines. Some seem to be pro-Democrat and imply this is desirable. Others are clearly anti and stress lack of principles in getting it done.

But all seem to agree, the Democrats want an electable one for sure (even while disagreeing about what exactly that may be).

Well guess what? It's all lies. :)

‘There Is Going to Be a War Within the Party. We Are Going to Lean Into It.’
Politico
Maybe you’ve heard the warning: The country is beset by a menace. A fringe conservative minority is holding Congress hostage, extracting radical policy concessions over the will of the majority. And it’s leading the nation to fiscal, environmental and moral ruin.

Maybe you haven’t heard this part: These dangerous conservatives are Democrats.

“I am talking about the radical conservatives in the Democratic Party,” said Saikat Chakrabarti. “That’s who we need to counter. It’s the same across any number of issues—pay-as-you-go, free college, “Medicare for all.” These are all enormously popular in the party, but they don’t pass because of the radical conservatives who are holding the party hostage.”

Not long ago, this would have been an outlier position even among American liberals. Today, it’s the organizing principle of a newly empowered segment of the Democratic Party, one with a foothold in the new Congress.

Chakrabarti is chief of staff to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the closest thing to a new celebrity Congress has had in years—a 29-year-old former activist and bartender who, on the most recent Martin Luther King Day, sat on the same New York stage as the rapper Common, Black Panther director Ryan Coogler and MacArthur “genius award” winner Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Re: You may have read something about the Democrats wanting an "electable" candidate?

Post by Witness » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 am

Spoiler:

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: You may have read something about the Democrats wanting an "electable" candidate?

Post by ed » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 am

ScreenShot008.jpg
I stand ready to serve!(tm)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Giz

Post by Giz » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:20 am

Red Ed

I like it. But how many communities have you organized? Are you really qualified?

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:42 am

Witness wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 am
Spoiler:
My exwife would have that same look of utter stupidity on her face occasionally and seeing these pictures of AOC making wild eyed stares revolts me.

Most people who look stupid, are stupid.

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:52 am

↑ I sympathize. :mrgreen: