I finally did it.

The war between wetware and hardware.
Bananas?-Yes

Re: I finally did it.

Post by Bananas?-Yes »

Yes, I am familiar with that forum.

Let me give you an example of an interesting problem that my stupid bran can't figure out.

We can view our "History" and we can save only part of it using the pdf tool if it runs about 70 or more entries, so we have to save entries twice to get the full list; that is the top of the list and then a second save for the bottom of the list. Maybe three times if we have many, many more entries.

We can go here:

C:\Users\Insert Your USername here\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default (A Win7 unit)

But what do we use to open those files? And you know that the average computer person probably doesn't even know how to enable the viewing of hidden folders on a Win7 unit. Probably doesn't even know that can be done; that there are hidden folders.

And I used the Google search tool and removed the two terms '-delete' and '-clear' and still found no entries about saving the history.

Of course, I am probably forgetting something very basic, but right now I have to use that weird style of top of the page and bottom of the page and it seems that folks have been wanting to save a copy of the history list before dumping all that and have been wanting to do that for a fair bit of time, but I cannot seem to figure out a simpler way of doing it and cannot find anything useful through the normal search style.

I don't know, that just seems odd.

And that is where a manual would be very useful. Well, that would be just one page of the manual. And I have no idea whether the SlimJet UI mirrors Chrome's and whether a Chrome manual, if one exists, would teach me how to do an easier history save.
+ + + Bananas are group oriented. + + +
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Is this what you're looking for? https://www.slimjet.com/en/webhelp/

I myself have everything set up always to zap history etc on exit.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Bananas?-Yes

Post by Bananas?-Yes »

I appreciate your assistance.

I found that one about 12 hours ago but I couldn't find any save history thing in that, either.

I do realize I could have missed it. I am really hoping this is just some stupid miss by me of that sort.

I also zap all history -- the cookies and all related stuff, but I save to a personal file before I do the zap, which can be useful in case I am forgetting something later.

Also I do not have most of any settings at auto so that I can backtrack in case I made a mistake of some sort. It is more time consuming to zap stuff like that manually, but it can also be a big save-my-butt thing if I can go back and find something if made a stupid mistake.
+ + + Bananas are group oriented. + + +