A Very Strange Habit

The war between wetware and hardware.
Bananas?-Yes

A Very Strange Habit

Post by Bananas?-Yes »

I sincerely do not know how my brain evolved to this stage where I have started to take on Internet companies and get them to work a little harder to make life within their systems a little easier for those in the Internet Community that might not be so skilled at handling a user interface, but I am there. And I am not now going to stop.

In fact, I see a door marked death in front of me, which is no big deal because we all are heading for a door like that, it is just my door is a little easier to see because of the cancer. No big deal, but it might be what makes me a tad more stubborn to try and get a few things changed.

So this is what has been happening, in this case; at Avast, actively for a bit over a month or so; but I had actually been going up against Avast even before they bought AVG. I walked away once before, probably in disgust, but I am not walking away again.

And I sure could use some help if anyone has the time and inclination to help me.

My next post will provide more detail.

Let me pause, please.
+ + + Bananas are group oriented. + + +
Bananas?-Yes

Re: A Very Strange Habit

Post by Bananas?-Yes »

Okay, I see I have been a bit misleading about something, although I wasn't intending to be.

Besides their crappy UI in some of what they do, and some of the flaws in their documentation./.instructions, I am also concerned about certain legal matters at AVG that point to what must be labeled as false advertising. I already have one confirmation from one of their contract workers that one advert was misleading in what it was stating to the customer, but I am sure a super clever lawyer can worm the company out of that one.

But as I wrote just recently there, we are not working within the courts of any particular nation on this planet; we are working within the court of public opinion and that covers a very large group of people all over the planet.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

You need to get to the fucking point.
Bananas?-Yes

Post by Bananas?-Yes »

You use the singular form, I notice. There are, sir, going to be many points.

I will not be rushed, sir. But it is true that I have a very simple brain and probably am not an impressive human, but it does not change the key point that we will be dealing with the plural form as we move on.

Oh yes, if you do not mind my passing this along to others:

If You Want to Change the World <= Needs about 20 minutes of your time.

Do you want to change the world, sir?

I do.
Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Bananas?-Yes

Post by Bananas?-Yes »

Thank you for the entertainment, Rob.

Part of my problem is I don't have a roadmap for how to proceed here at SC, and that is probably because I didn't have a roadmap for how I was going to proceed at AVG/Avast. I just know to plug away and step-by-step their walls will come down. Or they will ban me.

Anyway, the thread where I finally got the confirmation of one point of misinformation being used to get the customer to do some sort of clicking here or there to purchase something is here:

https://support.avg.com/answers?id=9060N000000UDiIQAW That is the thread where I have this quote from that contract worker:
We would like to inform you that the campaign message appearing on the user interface will not produce you an accurate results.

The next thread where I have concerns expressed about their forum UI is:

Questions About This Community

And this thread is where not only the documentation is found to be faulty, but where my original objective was to lead them down a road toward a serious area of false advertising, but things got off that road when I saw they had the documentation all messed up:

Request to Restart

What I was sort of hoping was that anyone here who has the time and inclination to review any of those threads might then be able to give me criticism of what I have done so far and possibly offer advice, if any comes to mind.

I figure this whole business could take up to a year, so patience is my key. I believe they are counting on me giving up.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

I have neither the time nor the inclination.

I have important animes that are not going to watch themselves.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Bananas?-Yes wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:55 am Thank you for the entertainment, Rob.

Part of my problem is I don't have a roadmap for how to proceed here at SC, and that is probably because I didn't have a roadmap for how I was going to proceed at AVG/Avast.
Just post. The process is self correcting. That is that you will be ignored (my usual state), reviled, mocked, abused or replied to depending up on the idiot reading your post and the phase of the moon (Ganymede)

OK, went thru this thread.
The next thread where I have concerns expressed about their forum UI is:

Questions About This Community
I gotta ask. What the fuck to you care what some dothead in Mumbai says? Really. That is a powerfully long thread that says that they have eastern ways of doing things and they really dont give a flying one about what you think, let alone your threats of elevating your concerns to Facebook.(<---proof I read the thread).

Let me answer your concerns

1) there is not a manual. I make guns, I don't have a manual. If you can't operate the damn thing you shouldn't have it in the first place. Same thing here. Seems you figured it out just fine. So you don't need a manual, right? So what are you complaining about? Are you a SJW watching out for the benighted races? There is something called an officious intermeddler
An officious intermeddler is a person who voluntarily, and without request or pre-existing legal duty, interjects him- or herself into the affairs of another
(n.b. my company attorney used to call me that :x )
That sounds like you.

2) hmmm my tirade wiped my memory so I forgot point #2. It was a good one though.

So, where are we:

ignored No
reviled No
mocked Check
abused Check
replied to Check

n.b. Here is what you accomplished today: Figured out how to post here (very trickey and important), learned that oriental gentlemen still seethe over colonialism and use passive aggression to get revenge, wasted 15 minutes on my time (thats ok, that is why we are here, nu?), learned how to navigate the AVG site (worthy of being engraved on your tombstone)

Speaking of which. HL menkin said
“If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.”
:D

ETA again: The same wog fucker replied each time. He just used his first middle middle and last names. It is an in joke over there. They are laughing at you.

ETA again ... UI is unnecessary in the east. The cost of executing the code in a UI implementation is far far higher than what they pay the people to man forums such as the one you went on. If they need to save more money they'll start using chicks. But you cant tell, all there names are unmemorable and indecipherable.
Last edited by ed on Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About that stereo
Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

I took a bit of time to read both threads. I can help. I'll get right to the point.

Primarily, the difficulty you're having is that you are not getting to the point without a fucking wall of fucking text asking preliminary questions about your underlying trivial-ass question. For better results, get to the fucking point.

Secondarily, the moderators at that forum probably have policies against them calling customers like you a insane; trying hard to be polite about the trivial fucking complaints you're eventually, after walls of fucking text, almost making.

So in effect, nobody is getting to the fucking point.

I might add that your threatening to report them to the Justice Department because you might have to reboot after an update is fucking laughable.

So, in summary, they think you're a fucking insane whiner and they want you to die. Or at least leave them the fuck alone.

Your best course of action is to leave them alone. It's Christmas. Throw them a solid.
ed

Post by ed »

reviled Check
About that stereo
Bananas?-Yes

Post by Bananas?-Yes »

Thank you, everybody.

ed

Post by ed »

You are quite welcome. Anytime.
About that stereo
ed

Post by ed »

I think that you scared him off Rob.
About that stereo
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

I'll get to the point.

Never mind the terminology actually in use.

There is no "internet community".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.