Joss Wheadon writes X-men

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Hexxenhammer

Joss Wheadon writes X-men

Post by Hexxenhammer »

I just picked up the first issue of Joss Wheadon's Astonishing X-Men. Haven't read it yet. This is my one and only chance to get my wife to read a comic book.
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."

lofgeornost

Post by lofgeornost »

I haven't bought an issue of X-Men for ten years. Is "Astonishing" a different roster than "Uncanny" X-Men, or just "X-Men", or whatever the hell else they have in the quag these days? I did read a couple Grant Morrison stories from my brother's collection, and I'll probably just do the same with the Whedon run (my bro's a Buffy fan, I'm sure he'll pick them up).

I did read Fray and wasn't too impressed. I thought it added some cool minutae about the origin of demons and such, but the language just didn't pull me in like it did in the TV shows. Maybe it was just same expectations for a different medium. I don't know.

Hexxenhammer

Post by Hexxenhammer »

Astonishing is brand new. I haven't read one in a long time either, just picking it up because of Joss. I think right now there's Uncanny, this new Astonishing, plain old X-Men, Excaliber has been renewed, Ultimate, and probably a dozen more.

Hexxenhammer

Post by Hexxenhammer »

Just read it. Pretty darn good.

Shadowcat as Willow pretty much. "Now I have cloud-hair."

Roadtoad

Post by Roadtoad »

Sorry, my wife is already convinced I've grown older, but I haven't grown up. :D
[size=84]"I freed thousands of slaves. I could have freed thousands more, if they'd known they were slaves." Harriet Tubman

Paddle Faster. I hear banjos.[/size]