Just saw Passion of the Christ

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Bottle or the Gun

Just saw Passion of the Christ

Post by Bottle or the Gun »

My wife went and picked up the DVD of 'Passion of the Christ' last Tuesday, just one of the 4.1 million sold on it's first day of release. I watched it because the encore presentation (re-run) of Stargate SG-1 on that night was one I'd just seen.

Here's what I have to say about it:
1) Ick. 2 hours of a guy getting tortured. Ummm...why couldn't he just lay hands on himself and be healed? Did Lex put a necklace of Krystonite around his neck or something?
2) In the context of the film, I learned that people are jerks and that the church is full of power mad jerks. In some scenes the church members outnumbered the crowd. I don't get what was heartening or uplifting about the film, it was a pretty negative statement about politics, people and religion. And I don't see how it was anti-semitic. It was about people who wanted control.
3) Boring, boring, boring, punctuated by blood.
4) Mel needs to do Lethal Weapon 5, 6 & 7 instead of this crap.
5) The only good thing about the film, next time someone brings up the deplorable amount of violence in the media, this production gets to be labled as 'Evidence A'. Which means then we will never hear about the issue again because it was about Christ, which means it is ok.

My wife took the DVD over to her brother's house Wednesday, which probably means I'll never get it back into the home library again. He's a Pastor or whatever you call them at a Xian church in town, and you know how churches are when they get something worth a few dollars in their clutches.

A few months ago she bought the MGM presentation of 'Osama' on DVD. I took it to Blockbuster to trade it in and got a few dollars off for the DVD of 'Godzilla vs. Megagirius'. The irony that both films were about monsters that try to destroy entire cultures was not lost on me.
Tell the story about how God lost his breakfast cereal. Oh wait, that was the Trix rabbit. I get them confused because they are both made up - American Dad

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

So was The Passion. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Ceinwyn

Post by Ceinwyn »

Ha, I just started a topic about it. Serves me right, I should check other threads...
[size=84]"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it." Mitch Hedberg[/size]

Marian

Re: Just saw Passion of the Christ

Post by Marian »

Bottle or the Gun wrote:2 hours of a guy getting tortured. Ummm...why couldn't he just lay hands on himself and be healed?
24 hour reset on that ability. ;(
[size=75]<b><u>Trolls that I'm not feeding</u></b>
Jarod3, Kilik, Interesting Ian

<b><u>Also on ignore...</u></b>
jj[/size]

[url=http://www.elementsgraphics.net/index.php?id=eggs][img]http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/o919a.gif[/img][/url]

Bottle or the Gun

Pasison of the Christ II: The Christiantor

Post by Bottle or the Gun »

Well, I see they left it open for a sequel....
Tell the story about how God lost his breakfast cereal. Oh wait, that was the Trix rabbit. I get them confused because they are both made up - American Dad

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Life of Brian was pretty good. Monty Python and the Holy Grail was better. But I STILL haven't found Castle Anthrax.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.