Actress Janet Leigh dead at age 77

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Nigel

Actress Janet Leigh dead at age 77

Post by Nigel »

Star of the shower scene in Psycho, Janet Leigh is no more.

:( http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Mov ... index.html
If you can't laugh, what good are you?

I thought I won't submit this...but who cares...let it roll. -Pillory

whitefork
Title: Nearly Normal
Location: I live in Trafalgar Square with four lions to guard me.

Post by whitefork »

It's rumored that Hitchcock wanted her to appear topless in the scene.

But she certainly filled out that brassiere nicely in the opening sequence.

Chocolate sauce for the blood, as I recall.
If it's good enough for Nelson, it's quite good enough for me.

RedShift

Post by RedShift »

My condolences to your wife, Nigel.
Random chance seems to have operated in our favour.

[color=red]If I wanted something your thumb touched, I’d eat the inside of your ear.[/color]

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

BWA!HA!HA!

I was about to correct that . . . "[Engage Annoying Dweeb Voice.--Ed.] Hey, his wife is Jamie Lee Curtis and . . . er. . . . [/Disengage Annoying Dweeb Voice.--Ed]

I just watched the ORIGINAL and ONLY The Manchurian Candidate. JLC is an odd character that seems trumped up to give Franki a "love interest."

However, she is FUNNY in the roll and gives the movie some of its "sick" charm.

Sad to see her go.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

RedShift

Post by RedShift »

Doctor X wrote: I just watched the ORIGINAL and ONLY The Manchurian Candidate. JLC is an odd character that seems trumped up to give Franki a "love interest."

Oh I think the scene with Janet and Frank on the train is just one of the best and sexiest in film history.
Random chance seems to have operated in our favour.

[color=red]If I wanted something your thumb touched, I’d eat the inside of your ear.[/color]

SkepticJ

Post by SkepticJ »

Doctor Mabuse wrote:It's rumored that Hitchcock wanted her to appear topless in the scene.

The Psycho I watched had her au natural. It was filmed creatively from different angles so you don't see anything. We are talking about 1960 after all. A time when married couples on TV slept in different beds.
Oh, you people can kiss the fattest part of my ass!-Peter Griffin
I'm not an atheist. How can you not believe in something that doesn't exist? That's way too convoluted for me.- A. Whitney Brown

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

SkepticJ wrote:
Doctor Mabuse wrote:It's rumored that Hitchcock wanted her to appear topless in the scene.

The Psycho I watched had her au natural. It was filmed creatively from different angles so you don't see anything. We are talking about 1960 after all. A time when married couples on TV slept in different beds.
It wasn't so much the morality of not showing anything (though that certainly played a part) but it was much scarier to think you saw the knife penetrate flesh than actually see it, a la Jason. Hitchcock was the master of suspense for a reason.
If you can't laugh, what good are you?

I thought I won't submit this...but who cares...let it roll. -Pillory

whitefork
Title: Nearly Normal
Location: I live in Trafalgar Square with four lions to guard me.

Post by whitefork »

SkepticJ wrote:The Psycho I watched had her au natural. It was filmed creatively from different angles so you don't see anything. We are talking about 1960 after all. A time when married couples on TV slept in different beds.
Today's obit (Boston Globe) has her wearing a flesh-colored moleskin thing during the filming.

Figure the movie was shot in beautiful black and white for something around 100 thousand dollars, and still carries a punch. I'd love to see it again for the first time. That scene where Vera Miles finally meets Mrs. Bates in the root cellar - those eye sockets....
If it's good enough for Nelson, it's quite good enough for me.