Sad End to a Sad Story: Superman Dies

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Sad End to a Sad Story: Superman Dies

Post by Doctor X »

What a sad, sad, sad story. Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself I remind myself of him:

Christopher Reeve

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Badger

Post by Badger »

I always kind of pulled for him. His work to regain the ability to move (both personally, and in promoting research) was admirable.
Nineteen tequilas later, we had a deal.
You are my density. (G. McFly)
As my daddy always said, always check the fine print for penectomies. (punchdrunk)
Opinions aren't like assholes, because I don't know anyone with a million assholes.
Bettie Page set the standard for fetish models. (selwynator12/5/2008 5:34:37 PM)
Rugby players eat their dead.

Post by Guest »

I just heard it on the news. :( I admired his strength of character.

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

He was a true class act. One of the (few) celebrities who seemed to be a genuine nice guy off screen.
If you can't laugh, what good are you?

I thought I won't submit this...but who cares...let it roll. -Pillory

Denise

Post by Denise »

He was a good guy, that's for sure. And let's not forget how his family stood by him and faced the problems with him, especially his loving wife.

Yes, it's a little sad. But, I think about the impact he made in the world, and his family can take a little solace in the fact that he did make a difference. He could have holed himself up in his house and disappeared- but he didn't. He made lemons out of lemonade and shared his struggles and his hopes. He reached out to others in similar circumstances.

I'm not saying what happened is a good thing... but if he never had the accident I doubt there would be a thread dedicated to him right now. He would have just been another actor. But he went beyond that, far beyond his old role in life. His strength of charactor was amazing, and he will be remembered more for that than the role he played in Superman. He was a real life superman.

Bottle or the Gun

Post by Bottle or the Gun »

Christopher Reeves left a greater legacy in the form of his foundation, but this is the image that most will remember him by...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tell the story about how God lost his breakfast cereal. Oh wait, that was the Trix rabbit. I get them confused because they are both made up - American Dad

Hexxenhammer

Post by Hexxenhammer »

Those bacteria must been irradiated by kryptonite.

LUTHOR!!!!!!!!!!
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."

Bottle or the Gun

Too bad we can't really fly backwards around the earth and turn back time.
Tell the story about how God lost his breakfast cereal. Oh wait, that was the Trix rabbit. I get them confused because they are both made up - American Dad

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Bottle or the Gun wrote:Too bad we can't really fly backwards around the earth and turn back time.
Would you if you could?

Bottle or the Gun

Grammatron wrote:
Bottle or the Gun wrote:Too bad we can't really fly backwards around the earth and turn back time.
Would you if you could?
Well, sure. Then I could un-watch Superman 4 and save myself $5.00.

SkepticJ

Post by SkepticJ »

I thought he'd walk again in about a decade or so when stem cells were used to repair his spinal cord. :( He was quite the stem cell advocate. :clap: He was also an agnostic no less:bigthumb: I'd believe in god even less than I do now(which is none) if I had something like what happened to him happen to me.
Oh, you people can kiss the fattest part of my ass!-Peter Griffin
I'm not an atheist. How can you not believe in something that doesn't exist? That's way too convoluted for me.- A. Whitney Brown

Broodingskill

Post by Broodingskill »

He had such dignity. He never gave up, and I find that more inspiring than anything else. He will be missed and I hope others will step up and continue to champion his cause.

Rat

Post by Rat »

Nobody agreed with Maddox on this issue then? Just wondering.

And, to be my normal pedantic self, making lemons out of lemonade? That is quite a trick even for superman.
Tell everyone waiting for Superman
That they should hold on as best they can
He hasn't dropped them, forgot them, or anything
It's just too heavy for Superman to lift
Cheers,
Rat.
"Man muß den Menschen vor allem nach seinen Lastern beurteilen. Tugenden können vorgetäuscht sein. Laster sind echt." - Klaus Kinski

UKLS 1988-?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image