GhostBusters Spoilers and the Sony Protection Scheme

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

GhostBusters Spoilers and the Sony Protection Scheme

Post by corplinx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:14 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

TL;DR: the movie sucks and Sony is modding the youtube comments to prepare its "MEH SOTCH ANY!" defense for it failing

From the same leaker quoted in the video:

"Spoilers... Don't hold your breath for reshoots with the original cast. Murray is the first cameo and he's killed by the green dragon ghost when he's pushed out the second floor window of the new ghostbusters HQ above the Chinese restaurant. "

"In the film version I saw, Aykroyd says that line cause he's a taxi driver and Wiig is trying to get to the other ghostbusters during the mayhem, he says "i dont go to chinatown, and I aint 'fraid of no ghosts", then drives off. His cameo is the best in my opinion."

"I checked back and he's at the end. Jones's uncle who owns a hearse company and he complain's when he finds out they lost the ghostbusters car. "I got four funerals this weekend. I can't do it with one hearse!" Jones says "Cant you do two at a time?" Hudson says" Im not stacking em like flapjacks!""

"Yep saw the stay puff scene. he is a parade float balloon that the ghostbusters are shooting and he squishes 3 of the ghostbusters on the ground and their faces are smooshed a little. So shitty."

The now deleted possible leak:
http://archive.is/AWGQQ

Grammatron

Re: GhostBusters Spoilers and the Sony Protection Scheme

Post by Grammatron » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:06 pm

I know you said spoilers, but maybe also use a spoiler tag. Not that I was planning on seeing this movie disaster Cleveland Browns dumpster fire.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:23 pm

When are they going to remake Thelma and Louise ?

Just askin. :P

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:When are they going to remake Thelma and Louise ?

Just askin. :P

scarlett Johansson and Penélope Cruz.

no one in particular

Post by no one in particular » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:36 pm

corplinx wrote: ... "MEH SOTCH ANY!" defense ...
What the fuck is this? A Google search only yields one other use of this phrase in this format, and it was used by you in this forum. So what the fuck is it?
Killing me with humorous lines will not Clark Kent the egg salad. ~Skeptoid

It seems that our RIVER has run dry.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 pm

It's what it sounds like when an SJW screams "misogyny" in your face.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:04 pm

Spoiler:
This film will suck.
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

no one in particular

Post by no one in particular » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:08 pm

corplinx wrote:It's what it sounds like when an SJW screams "misogyny" in your face.
Ah, thanks. I didn't sound it out.

For the most part I like the dames they chose, and I enjoy the concept of putting Chris Hemsworth into the sexy receptionist role. But the trailers look like garbage.
Killing me with humorous lines will not Clark Kent the egg salad. ~Skeptoid

It seems that our RIVER has run dry.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:21 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Spoiler:
This film will suck.
--J.D.
:meananim:

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:25 pm

Ben Affleck: I hope it tanks so people will stop talking about my shitty Batman movie.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:31 pm

corplinx wrote:Ben Affleck: I hope it tanks so people will stop talking about my shitty Batman movie.
The shitty Batman movie is making bank. Which in the end, is all that matters.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:37 pm

In all seriousness, I believe the only one interested in doing a third movie was Harold Ramus. As far as I know Bill Murry has had zero interest, even waving bags of money at him. Then one gets into story ideas--the second film is widely considered a huge failure in that respect.

I then wander a bit trying to figure out why this project got "green lit" in the form it is in. Frankly, I cannot. There are just too much wrong with it conceptually.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:08 pm

Doctor X wrote:In all seriousness, I believe the only one interested in doing a third movie was Harold Ramus.
this ...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000601/
explains that.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:16 pm

When I watch the video, it sounds like Feig had decent idea at the start (from the sony leaks email). Studio demands for product placement, cameos, etc probably took some of the creative vibe. The possibly-leak post on reddit makes it sound like Sony's movie house is what it appears to be.

After Ted 2, Pixels, Aloha (Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Bob Deniro rom... com?), Spectre: Sony is producing train wrecks based on franchises and formulas that are just assumed to be successful because of the elements. They have zero credibility right now for making comedies.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:49 pm

Of the many negative comments and comparisons, Some Guy noted that the Japanese Original and Only Good GhostBusters film was played somewhat straight rather than "for laughs." Such as:

[youtube][/youtube]

The comedy came from the situation. Even Murry plays more of a pest who is funny rather than these girls constantly REMINDING YOU YOU ARE WATCHING A COMEDY!!! LOOK! JOKE!

--J.D.

gnome

Post by gnome » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:04 am

The gift that keeps on giving: because corplinx is right-- they still think the trendworthiness of the elements of a movie make it or break it instead of ... you know, whether it's a shitty movie. So then when it tanks, "Sorry, we can't greenlight any female-dominated casts anymore... look how much Ghostbusters lost us!"
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:13 pm

gnome wrote:So then when it tanks, "Sorry, we can't greenlight any female-dominated casts anymore... look how much Ghostbusters lost us!"
Sorry ladies. You're just not box office. Maybe if you showed your tits. :cowbell:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:09 pm

gnome wrote:The gift that keeps on giving: because corplinx is right-- they still think the trendworthiness of the elements of a movie make it or break it instead of ... you know, whether it's a shitty movie. So then when it tanks, "Sorry, we can't greenlight any female-dominated casts anymore... look how much Ghostbusters lost us!"
Maybe hold your righteous indignation until the movie is out?

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:49 am

What fun is that?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:06 am

Since when has evidences--thanks--been necessary for Righteous Indignation?

--J.D.