GhostBusters Spoilers and the Sony Protection Scheme

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Anaxagoras

Re: GhostBusters Spoilers and the Sony Protection Scheme

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:51 am

Yeah, the argument didn't convince me either. He's citing things besides ticket sales like action figures, an album, a book, and other film-related merchandise, and even increased sales of DVDs for the original Ghostbusters. Although he didn't show his math to prove it. Me, I don't care whether it's a success or a flop or just meh. Seems a little weird that the Chinese banned it. I found an article about it, but didn't fully understand. Apparently the censors are overly censorious, but as I noted in another thread, China is quietly getting more totalitarian under Xi Jinping. Seems he wants to reassert the authority of the Communist Party and make sure people are more thoroughly indoctrinated in government propaganda and protected from too much exposure to foreign ideas.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-china-xi ... 1470087445
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:00 am

They are sort of at a nexus, Anax, where "the people" know what they are missing. Do they open up, finally? Or do they retreat to authoritarianism? Thus far, "maintain the status quo has been the default position.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:34 am

Plenty of "cult classics" didn't do well at the box office the first time around.

Not just off the wall stuff like Rocky Horror Picture Show either. The Producers was a first time flopperoo too. Best to mark that territory right now.

The new Ghostbusters is a feminist cult classic. Not liking it proves you're an uncultured doofus as well as a patriarchal hegemonist. :coolspecs:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Sort of doubt that. Thelma & Louise it's not. But I guess you never know.
William Shakespeare

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Also, the video a few posts back that I linked is really funny.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Plenty of "cult classics" didn't do well at the box office the first time around.

Not just off the wall stuff like Rocky Horror Picture Show either. The Producers was a first time flopperoo too. Best to mark that territory right now.

The new Ghostbusters is a feminist cult classic. Not liking it proves you're an uncultured doofus as well as a patriarchal hegemonist. :coolspecs:

That sort of cult classics become so because of some combination of time + circumstances. It's a Wonderful Life and Night of the Living Dead, for instance did poorly in theaters but became classics because in both cases some doofus forgot to renew the copjiwreigcht and that made it cheap for TV to pick up so the former tended to get played every Xmas and the latter was shown on every two-bit Creature Feature style show in the country, thus making classics.

Too soon to know if some similar fortuitous circumstance will happen for this movie.
Spoiler:
Quote Redacted by Section 31

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:44 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/11/the-a ... gly-great/
The all-female “Ghostbusters” has been met with skepticism throughout its development, but to my surprise Monday, the movie far surpassed expectations.
:)

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:19 pm

But that's not.....

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Spoiler:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:18 pm

I see what they did there.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:57 pm

corplinx wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

The wrap up of the flop.
Finally got time to watch it while the train I use to commute home was having mechanical issues. Worthwhile. Sure is fun to hate on those fat middle-aged man-babies though. This movie has totally ruined my childhood.
Awww mom, I'll come up and do it in a minute keep your pants on!!! Is this thing still on???
William Shakespeare

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Necro time. Sony has released a teaser for GhostBusters 3 which ignores this abortion.

This stupid movie set a precendent we can't undo though. Kind of like the new season of Doctor Who, the critics review it positively to prevent backlash from SJWs while audiences scores are abysmal.

Not that reviews were ever really "honest", but now there is all this macro pressure to review female reboots positively.

And the sorts of greasy cucks who say about ghostbusters or the doctor stuff like "well, the doctor has always been hit or miss, the episodes.... well... they aren't as bad as manimal.. I'm just happy the Doctor is a woman (Virtue Signal)".

Even Sony has abandoned you. They're forgetting they made this movie.

Because Money is the language of Hollywood.

gnome

Post by gnome » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:43 am

The new doctor does fine, IMO. It's the scripts that are weak. Kind of like Sylvester McCoy's run.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:53 am

corplinx wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 pm
Necro time. Sony has released a teaser for GhostBusters 3 which ignores this abortion.

This stupid movie set a precendent we can't undo though. Kind of like the new season of Doctor Who, the critics review it positively to prevent backlash from SJWs while audiences scores are abysmal.

Not that reviews were ever really "honest", but now there is all this macro pressure to review female reboots positively.

And the sorts of greasy cucks who say about ghostbusters or the doctor stuff like "well, the doctor has always been hit or miss, the episodes.... well... they aren't as bad as manimal.. I'm just happy the Doctor is a woman (Virtue Signal)".

Even Sony has abandoned you. They're forgetting they made this movie.

Because Money is the language of Hollywood.
I beleive this movie when I am sitting watching it. Dan Ackroyd has been "The Boy Who Cried Ghostbusters 3" for about 30 years.

And anyone who doesn't have your exact opinion of Doctor Who is a "Greasy Cuck"?

Good to know where I stand. You don't seem very open to people having opinions that differ from your own.
Last edited by Nyarlathotep on Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:58 am

Now, now, Nyarl, all of the Kool Kidz Who Think for Themselves use epithets like that!

You wanted to be Kool too, do you not, Nyarl?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:59 am

I just find it ironic that someone so outspoken against the SJW tendency tonshout down any opinion but the ones they approve of, is doing exactly that
Spoiler:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:49 am

As a Humble--Yet MagNIfIcent--poster has observed: "it is a process, not an attribute."

It is so easy to assume ones opinions are rational and objective. That is what makes skepticism so necessary. It is not about questioning, doubting, or even asking for "evidences" for an odd belief: it is about demanding the same for ones own opinions. James Randi noted that some of the easiest to fool are scientists, since they consider themselves scientists and, therefore, cannot be fooled.

I just responded to one of Anax's Mom's eschatological OMFG THEY CAUGHT THE TRUMP NOW post on Politics. Here is the funny thing: either the evidences[Stop that.--Ed.] will come out to support that eschaton or they will not. My denouncing Anax's Tentacle Fetish and propensity to dance in his pantsu to an AirSupply mix will . . .

. . .

. . .

. . . no seriously! . . .

. . . will have no impact on it. As silly as it is to trust the word of one who girds his loins in Tiger Pantsu rather than rocket-ships like REAL MEN as he executes something not entirely not the Peabody to "Here I Am the One that You Love," if his post proves correct, it proves correct.

This is why I love using sports as a paradigm. Talking Heads are High Priests. Fans hope to influence The Outcome the same way the religious pray. If a Talking Head argues that My Regionally Connected Team will lose?

DENOUNCE THE HERETIC!!!11!![!--Ed.]

Ha! Ha! HA! Let us all point-and-laugh at Nyarl! He picked the Failcons in a Super Bowl! What a fag! His belief that the Earth is not flat like The Bible says it is clearly comes from him being something something sodomy rum and the lash!

This is why fallacies are so attractive: they seem reasonable!

The whole reason I refer to make Your Mom jokes is a few years ago I noticed that The Kids These Days on the Interwebz would make them as if they meant something. That and call everyone "nigger." See, if you use that last one, you cannot be rebutted!

Same as :freedom:

It is suppose to remind us that, other than ME, we ye stand upon feet of clay.

In the rain.

--J.D.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:03 pm

I also imply anyone who liked the Lethal Weapon made for TV reboot of being a flat earther with erectile dysfunction and possibly irritable bowels.

It's a fact (tm).

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:10 pm

I am sure there is a hiLARious slur used by the Kool Kidz These Days, who may be racist misogynists, but let us not quibble on matters of maturity and decorum, which I really do not give a shit about.

--J.D.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 pm

We've made the n-world so taboo that they can't even say it on TV to report on it being used in a hate crime.

So it's the most popular world on anonymous undergrounds.

And how do these Gen-Z kids use it?

They call Belgians Waffle-Nigger.

While the millennial world tries to censor the word from history, thereby giving it even more power to offend not even used as a racial slur but as a heresy; the Gen-Z world has robbed it of any meaning whatsoever by making it mean nothing at all. It doesn't even apply to a race anymore or a notion of inferiority. It's simply used for the purpose of heresy.

I think there is much to learn from understanding the slang of young people.

Part of the reason they replaced "wus" or "pussy" with "cuck", is because it is a silly word and they enjoy watching people get unhinged by it.

In their anonymous worlds they inhabit, words like that are funny. Being offended means you are some old normie-fag.

Maybe they are right. Maybe the world is too thin skinned.

What greasy cuck gets offended by a word anyway?

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:13 pm

I don’t get offended by the word. I get offended by the fact that someone o considered a friend has decided I am the things the word implies
Spoiler: