Civilization 6

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Grammatron

Civilization 6

Post by Grammatron » Wed May 11, 2016 9:44 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Interesting new features.

EXPANSIVE EMPIRES:
See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.

ACTIVE RESEARCH:
Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.

DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY:
Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.

COMBINED ARMS:
Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.

ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER:
In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.

A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS:
Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.

Nyarlathotep

Re: Civilization 6

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed May 11, 2016 10:15 pm

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

The "combined arms" concept sounds intriguing. I am a little wary of the "Dynamic Diplomacy", since it almost sounds like everyone is unreasonably hostile at first then calms the fuck down. Which sounds like just the opposite of the way its worked in previous games. But I like the series enough that it isn't a dealbreaker, even if it works that way.
The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed May 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Just a goddamn minecrasft knockoff

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat May 04, 2019 4:08 pm

With the release of Gathering Storm, a few patches, and heavy modding, I have achieved a playable and fun state for the game. AI could still use a little work, but that's endemic to the series.

I'm playing as Phillip II of Spain, which the game insists on spelling "Phillip Ii", because they think it's a last name. So I call him Phillip Ee-eye, probably short for Ee-eye-ee-eye-oh.

His main advantage is naval power and settling overseas, so of course I wound up on a Pangaea style map.

Third to gain religion after Peter of Russia (who chose Eastern Orthodox) and Eleanor Aquetane of England (who chose Catholicism), so rather than make common cause with some stinking blasphemous Protestants I invented my own religion, called Inesperado, "The Unexpected".
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat May 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Wed May 11, 2016 10:15 pm
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

The "combined arms" concept sounds intriguing. I am a little wary of the "Dynamic Diplomacy", since it almost sounds like everyone is unreasonably hostile at first then calms the fuck down. Which sounds like just the opposite of the way its worked in previous games. But I like the series enough that it isn't a dealbreaker, even if it works that way.
What I found in that respect was to avoid being isolationist in early game. Start making friends and trading as soon as possible. Relations have shown to be fairly stable if you do that. One plus, unlike Civ4 the AI won't start hating you just because of who else you decide to trade with, at least not in an obvious manner.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat May 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Got it out of my system with Civ II.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat May 04, 2019 7:36 pm

I have found my favorite civilization to play in this iteration of the game is Nubia. I like their special archer units in the early game.

When I found my religion I tend to call it either "Roman Cthulhucism" or "Orthodox Dudeism"
The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time.

Giz

Post by Giz » Sun May 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:17 pm
Got it out of my system with Civ II.
Yeah, I played civ2 so much (and civ 3 stank) that I haven’t dived back in.

Played lots of europa universalis and hearts of iron (1 and 2). Then discovered Skyrim.