What have you been watching lately

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: What have you been watching lately

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 am

Tentacles?

I am asking for Anax.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:15 am

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:08 am

Finished Stranger Things Season 4.
Spoiler:
Loved the Suzi Q scene. They came up with the perfect companion for Dusty-buns. And of course she blamed him for not getting in touch with her for days, despite Dustin's constant attempts to reach her and of course she risked the fate of the world on a trivial demand that Dusty sing her favorite song first. That's what girlfriends do. If they make a Season 4, Suzi Q better be in it.

I love the never ending story song. I was really surprised to see it in this TV series. It was beautifully executed despite the cringyness.

Did anyone notice Will's freakish growth spurt? Mike was looking down at Will in the first few episodes and was looking up in the last few. That was only a few days in TV time, and no one suspected that the mind flayer was involved?

I was a little disappointed in the lack of character development. Mike is still a possessive piece of shit, Will is still a whiny puss, Steve is still getting the shit beat out of him and scoring zero with the chicks in spite of his hair. Holy shit. Poor dude has and entire whirlwind romantic adventure with a girl that comes out as a Lesbo. That was just mean, Darfur Brothers.

They can kill off Mike, Will, and Finn in Season 4 fir all I care. Would rather see 11 search for 8 and the other numbered power kids. Who is number 1? Is there a 12? Can we see Cary Elwes get the shit beat out of him again and again and again? Please say as you wish!

Such potential!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:29 am

Spoiler:
That's what girlfriends do. If they make a Season 4, Suzi Q better be in it.
This was a true "coming of age" story in that Will is left behind. Dusty gets a girl he cares about. As El/11 is completely inexperienced as one would expect: Max's line "I'll let you borrow Your Mom's Cosmo" for example.
I love the never ending story song. I was really surprised to see it in this TV series. It was beautifully executed despite the cringyness.
They really search the 80s references. I particularly liked the use of "My Bologna." Using the Rusky like "The Terminator" was another.
Did anyone notice Will's freakish growth spurt?
I will have to double check but I believe these were filmed together without a significant time period between episodes. The time between the series is retained so "da kidz" could age naturally.
I was a little disappointed in the lack of character development.
We do not think you know what that means.
Mike is still a possessive piece of shit, Will is still a whiny puss, Steve is still getting the shit beat out of him and scoring zero with the chicks in spite of his hair.
Mike is first dating. He is not possessive. He loves El/11 but he does not fully "get" it yet. He does not "get" Hop's "father" role playing, nor does he "get" that El/11's emotions change. He just made it to first base, is barely hitting puberty, a year ago he thought girls were "ewww!"

I do wonder if Steve's direction was a bit part of the actor's willingness to have fun with the character. He kept the hair, was willing to make fun of his character in the second season, so I would not be surprised if he loved the idea "hey, let's put him in a completely ridiculous costume for the whole season!"

Also, he started as a Popular Dude with Girlfriend/Car/HAIR in the first season. Proved a better guy at the end and then into the second season. The Dufner's loved his interaction with Dusty.

So, here we have what is the nightmare of too many teens: "The Summer Job." Just as The Boys are growing out of D&D, people his age grow out of having a car and Good Hair being "special."
Poor dude has and entire whirlwind romantic adventure with a girl that comes out as a Lesbo. That was just mean, Darfur Brothers.
I would make a crass comment that he will change her, but one thing is in reality people do not just start shagging in their young teens and stay together. As much as people find El/11 "cute"--in a good way, not in a DanishDynamite way!--the chances of her an Will growing up together to found a Leper Colony is remote. Same way Steve and Nancy moved on.

Same way Sharona chose Samuel over The Hop and she and The Hop do not really get together. Real life.
Who is number 1?
You are, Number Six.
--J. "Be Seeing You!" D.