Winter is coming

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Winter is coming

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:51 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:26 am

I prefer the Japanese Original:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:51 pm

OK, I have begun. I just finished Episode 3 and I am popping in to say that I have never seen a more criminal waste of production dollars ever ever in my life. WTF were they thinking? And spare me the gay interp0retation of the meaning of what they were trying to accomplish.. It was bullshit and someone should be hung. No dialogue, no visuals. A blind and dumb person's episode. What fucking crap.

I know that when I play a videogame and the action is in a dungeon that they ran out of either money or talent or ideas and they are hiding those sad facts in the dark. At least they have an excuse. These guys had the money, they should be ashamed.

So, who died? Anyone know?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

ed

Post by ed » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Episode 4

So the dragon gets killed. Correct response: big arc with the remainingg one and burn the fuckers to a crisp with enfilading fire.
Actual response: nothing

eta: :x

Giz

Post by Giz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:47 pm

They shoulda made barrels of wildfire, flown a couple of thousand feet up and dropped them on strategic points.

Mind you, if we are to nitpick fantasy shows... why the fuck didn’t Gandalf have the eagles fly everyone to mount doom?! Seriously, walk the entire way? Great plan!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Cersi could have pre-buried the wildfire at the entry fields around the city, or fired it at the advancing army.

Also learned something about mass-firing at a target.

The sad truth is that once they moved past the books and started changing elements of the books, we saw the weakness in the writing. The actors saw it as well. Fantastically cast depiction of the books followed by a "will never watch again" three or four seasons.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:20 pm

I just want to know why a pre-gunpowder lever society is using "FIRE!" as the command to launch their mega-crossbow when, unlike a cannon, fire has nothing to do with it
The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time.

Giz

Post by Giz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:22 pm

Heck, I want to know how they have such good teeth!

ed

Post by ed » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Episode 6. Nice ending. Glad the dangerous blond bitch bought it. Ayla is still the incipient hottie.

Good job.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:34 am

I want to know why you immediately treat me like an inferior.

--J.D.

ed

Post by ed » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 am

OK, you're a hottie too.

Spoilers below

Meanwhile ... after an evenings thought, the weakness of the treatment is becoming apparent.
Jon Snow turned from a principled warrior into a love struck teenager.

Cerci (who would not have been the worst ruler) murders a confident of Denarys thus cutting off her negotiating ability ... why?

Ayla (Incipient Hottie) after monomaniacally focusing on her "list" and numero uno, Cerci, for a decade is dissuaded from going after said Cerci after 25 words of advice from someone she tried to kill. OK.

Bran, autistic Bran, become king because ... magic stuff? And we somehow transition to a constitutional monarchy because ... why? And the true king, Jon "weak knees" Snow, goes off to the Knights Watch???

Tyrian turns over his pal to certain death by getting fucking burned alive because .. principle? Really?

You get the idea. There was a bit more than a bit of god in a machine in this episode (and earlier ones).

ed

Post by ed » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:59 am

Grammatron wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 pm
Nyarlathotep wrote:So far today I have seen articles both on NPR's site and The Guardian about how the article writer has no intentions on ever watching Game of Thrones.

I never watched The Mod Squad, even as a kid. It was mostly because I didn't get the channel it was on when I was growing up, but I bet I could puke out a 2000 word essay on why I never watched it and never will. I wonder if they would publish that. Or does it have to be a currently popular show to expect a medal for never watching it.
People use to brag about not owning a TV.
People brag about using Win 95. And extolling DOS games. No one we know though. :roll:

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:28 am

Grammatron wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 pm
Nyarlathotep wrote:So far today I have seen articles both on NPR's site and The Guardian about how the article writer has no intentions on ever watching Game of Thrones.

I never watched The Mod Squad, even as a kid. It was mostly because I didn't get the channel it was on when I was growing up, but I bet I could puke out a 2000 word essay on why I never watched it and never will. I wonder if they would publish that. Or does it have to be a currently popular show to expect a medal for never watching it.
Abdul insists constantly that he's never seen a single episode of Seinfeld. He's very proud of that.

ed

Post by ed » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

The "smartest things" to do, it would seem, is to have gone after Kings Landing not to sack/burn it but threaten it. Meanwhile, destroy the Lannister army with the dragons.
The problem is that when you build up a plot element like "DRAGONS!!" then you have to deliver. But if you deliver, you have no story. If Danny had used her remaining two dragons to kill all the white walkers up north then you would have had the Night King waling about on his lonesome raising the occasional dead peasant. No a good ending but one that should have been given the build up.

Giz

Post by Giz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:34 pm

The problem is, given how hard it is for even modern weapons to hit/bring down an aircraft, a dragon should be pretty much unstoppable against a medieval army. So how do you keep things challenging? In this case, kill a dragon with a million to one crossbow shot and have some very unmedieval qualms about violence in the good guy camp.

It a bit like Superman - he’s so powerful that you have to pull out krptonite and have the guy who can move at light speed blunder around slowly until lex Luther can stick him with the green end.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:01 pm

ed wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 am
OK, you're a hottie too.

Spoilers below

Meanwhile ... after an evenings thought, the weakness of the treatment is becoming apparent.
Jon Snow turned from a principled warrior into a love struck teenager.

Cerci (who would not have been the worst ruler) murders a confident of Denarys thus cutting off her negotiating ability ... why?

Ayla (Incipient Hottie) after monomaniacally focusing on her "list" and numero uno, Cerci, for a decade is dissuaded from going after said Cerci after 25 words of advice from someone she tried to kill. OK.

Bran, autistic Bran, become king because ... magic stuff? And we somehow transition to a constitutional monarchy because ... why? And the true king, Jon "weak knees" Snow, goes off to the Knights Watch???

Tyrian turns over his pal to certain death by getting fucking burned alive because .. principle? Really?

You get the idea. There was a bit more than a bit of god in a machine in this episode (and earlier ones).
Arya. Not Ayla.

I'd be careful with the incipient hottie stuff too, pal...

The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time.

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:12 pm

ed wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm
Night King waling about on his lonesome raising the occasional dead peasant.
"Why do I have to shamble after you?"
"Because I am the Night King!"
"I didn't vote for you. Take those coconuts and leave me alone!"
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2