Parasite

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Parasite

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:43 am

This is a movie from Good Korea. I don't care much for foreign language flicks, mostly because I generally never watch a movie so much as listen to it, only looking up from my laptop when the dialog gets interesting. But I will endure this one, once it hits a service to which I subscribe.

Parasite is headed by Bong's longtime collaborator, the wonderful Song Kang-ho, who plays Kim Ki-taek, a father who occupies a dingy semi-basement apartment with his wife, son, and daughter, and makes a meager living folding pizza boxes. When Ki-taek's son, Ki-woo (Choi Woo-shik), is given the opportunity (albeit, with a bit of forgery) to become the English tutor for the daughter of the nouveau riche Park family, the Kims begin to scheme about how to con the rest of their family into the Parks' service too. As the Kims succeed and begin to exploit their newfound source of income, the "parasite" of the title might seem to be obvious — but Bong's movie is far too richly conceived to simply end the allegory there.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Re: Parasite

Post by ed » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:50 am

Are you serious? Are you trolling me again,

Homesman = 8 letters, letter value = 88
Parasite = 8 Letters, letter value = 89

n.b. Letter value calculator https://www.dcode.fr/word-value
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!