How Many of You Posters are Art workers?

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Carlos

How Many of You Posters are Art workers?

Post by Carlos »

I use to work on Art stuff as a profession that give me happiness and money to take care of my family ( my wyfe and 4 teenagers children).

Sometimes I feel a little shy to consider myself as an artist . I prefer to say that I work in Art stuff.

I do most of the times murals and art /decorations as a job and paints drawings and sculptures as a part time to me (?).Sometimes we are good or some times we are not so good in our family economy.
Anyway I feel is a profession that makes me interact with another art workers : actors , poets , writers , creatives , musicians , etc.

It is like a kind of group that tends to disagree in many ideas but that seems that are "connected" (...) in some strange way.

Please posters , tell us what are you doing on ART.
Maybe will be useful to us to know who and what do you do.

Maybe some of you just do it as a hobbie (?) , maybe some of you don't have the time enough to do something you always wihed to do.

Share with us , please.

I know some ladies here who are really working on Art and that I consider them as artists.

Thanks,
Carlos

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Do musicians count?
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Sorry, every time i see the title of this thread, it makes me think "art worker" is something akin to "sex worker".
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

Chupacabras

Post by Chupacabras »

I do art photography for a living (on spite that some people don't consider photo as art at all). More precisely, I'd say I do imagery, since I don't care much for certain "rules" as to the production of images.

Besides being in a small community, I think the current state of art is rather disastrous, with everyone trying to take the short route to success and justifying anything in the name of art. I get along well with other artists (painters, poets, etc...) and I do myself some writing, but I am disappointed that no one seems to look for a "movement", instead of just forming a "group" (probably because of the strong need for individuality) and, in turn, I rather try to go ahead quietly.
... Its full of stars!

Pólux

Post by Pólux »

OK, I do some cartooning, but only as a hobby.
My actual work is in IT.

SkepticJ

Post by SkepticJ »

I've drawn all my life. I'm getting into sculpting. I'm going to take Intro to Photography and Photoshop this Fall at college. I've taken 3 semesters of pottery and I'm working on a Hard Sci-fi universe.
Oh, you people can kiss the fattest part of my ass!-Peter Griffin
I'm not an atheist. How can you not believe in something that doesn't exist? That's way too convoluted for me.- A. Whitney Brown

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

DrMatt wrote:Do musicians count?
Your quote remind me a topic I created at the JREF "Art and Literature" Forum.

I asked there why Litertaure was separated from Art, since Literature is considered just another manifestation of Art.

Of course , that topic was controversial .

Why musicians should don't count as Art workers or Artists?

Music is "magic" , is creation , is you.
About your realtionship about "art worker" and "sex worker" , well , you are very close , it is like a kind of "climax" after done.

But I prefer the second one.
Wait , not to sure.

Thanks,
Carlos

P.S.

Any examples of your work?
Can we buy it ? What kind of music do you make?

skeptica

Post by skeptica »

Well, I don't have a job as an artist, I'm sorry to say. There was a point in my life where I almost gave up my love for math to pursue art instead. I do wonder what would have happened, though.

My passion for artistic endeavors is still alive. I have started to learn how to play the guitar. I was classically trained in piano. I used to play very well.

I was sketching potraits in charcoal as a student in art classes. But, currently, I knit and crochet. I consider my knitted and crocheted pieces as art work since I design them and they are all unique.

G6

ratbag

Post by ratbag »

I'm an appreciater of art rather than a creator.
I (sort of) have a piece of Skeptica's knitting and it is certainly art, to my eye.
Chupacabras wrote:I do art photography for a living (on spite that some people don't consider photo as art at all).
I consider it art, and I have plenty of artistic magazines. (Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?)
Rat