Weed

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Weed

Post by Doctor X » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Why post this in Sports?

Your Mom said . . . actually, it is an issue particularly with regards to the NFL where pain management is a part of playing the sport. To begin:
Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving announced he is quitting the NFL during a live Instagram stream, while appearing to be smoking marijuana.

Irving, 25, was recently suspended indefinitely by the NFL for a third violation of its drugs policy. Good thing he did not beat a woman or get accused of breaking the laws of physics!

"Basically, guys, I quit," Irving said. "I don't want to talk about a suspension and all this other nonsense.

"I'm outta there. You know, there's a lot of reasons why I come to this decision."

Irving has spent the past four seasons with the Cowboys So not a real team since joining as an undrafted free agent out of Iowa State.

Part of his grievance with the NFL appears to be that he would rather it allow players to self-medicate with marijuana than be given other forms of painkillers and drugs. Okay, not exactly a smart position, but why the NFL should care about simply using marijuana has always been a part of its overly conservative "keep the slavinmates in check.

"As you know I've voiced my opinion about this medicine right here," he said, holding up what appeared to be a joint.

"We got this opioid thing going on. Everyone thinks it's about smoking weed, it's not. It's much bigger than that.

"I have concussions every day. I feel it, crashing cars and all types of stuff."

He added: "Some people say 'you're addicted to weed, you're addicted to this and that.'

"If I'm going be addicted to something, I'd rather be addicted to marijuana, which is medical - it's a medicine, I do not consider it a drug - Uh . . . wait . . . what? rather than Xanax bars or the [hydrocodone] or the Seroquel that they feed you."

["Snip!"--Ed.]

He added: "Everyone questions my commitment to football, but let's get it straight, here and now. I love football.

"I wouldn't be here without it. Don't get me wrong, I love football.

"However, I don't love the NFL. The NFL is not football - you need to understand that."

We Do Not have Real Sports
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

shemp
Title: stooge

Re: Weed

Post by shemp » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:13 pm

The NFL drug policy is full of shit. Players get suspensions for marijuana, but the teams give the players painkiller pills like they were candy.

But of course, the NFL is a solid supporter of the :freedom: WAR :freedom: ON :freedom: DRUGS :freedom: TM! WHY DOES DAVID IRVING HATE :freedom: :freedom: :freedom: AMERICA :freedom: :freedom: :freedom: ???!11!1!?/?ELEVENTY!!?1
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Well, marijuana is not a performance-enhancing drug, so there's no "integrity of the game" argument to made, in my opinion. I'm for legalization, and that would include allowing people like NFL players to use it. (Some jobs, like airline pilot, should not allow it).
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

shemp

Post by shemp » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Come on Anax, haven't you always wanted your pilot to do loops over Tokyo?

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:39 pm

I would expect such a pilot would lose the initiative to start the plane.

All Anax's Mom jokes aside, I could understand say even 10 years ago when legalization was unheard of, people still preached that it leads to giving blow jobs in the unfashionable areas of San Bernadino until the user becomes "incurably insane!" the NFL did not want to have to deal with players potentially getting arrested during a season.

Great.

Goodell, and the owners who control him, has been probably the worst commissioner in all of the sports for being largely reactionary and too conservative in the sense of opposing change. That and thinking he is a king. Yeah . . . Yeah . . . Yeah . . . "his vendetta against the Patriots" but all of that was reactionary and bowing to pressure of butt-hurt owners.

More to point, his handling of abusers. Two games for Ray Rice until . . . oh wait . . . a video . . . oh noes! Let us make a video where Hillary Swank cries with Goat Face Junior . . . and . . . charge people for ribbons and special uniforms! And . . . um . . . no video on that Giants kicker?

Well, boys will be boys.

Because he, and most of the owners, do not give a shit if their team has actual criminals until they are forced to act. Hence the immediate jokes when the Pats released Aaron Hernandez that he was immediately claimed by the Raiders . . . after passing through wavers.

They do not care about this for similar reasons. Caring about abuse requires them to admit that Large Manly Men Who are Manly Who Practice Violence can be, gee whillikers, violent!

Unless they are pussy whipped.

I do not know any players like that.

I digress.

They would prefer to ignore it. They know fans will forget. Their modus operandi is, at all times, to ignore a difficult issue because most of them "just go away."

Accepting the possible clinical uses of marijuana, even at the level the Pundit David Irving can grasp where it is just to relax rather than taking a shot of bourbon or a shot at the girlfriend [Stop that.--Ed.], requires them to examine the health of their players. Requires them to come up with a system to make sure players can use in states that allow it, possibly advocate it.

"BUT THE CHLDRENS WILL DUE THE WEEDS AND RAPE YOUR MOM!"

They already do the latter. Anyways, driving/boating/using a Zamboni "while under the influence" is illegal whatever it is: alcohol, marijuana, NyQuil, sniffing Tom Brady's panties, et cetera.

This would require Goodell to . . . Heavens to Betsy . . . lead.

It is a rather simple process: "we are no longer in the business of enforcing capricious social morality testing for recreational drugs. You show up intoxicated or impaired, we and your team will crush you. If you get arrested, watch your contract go up in smoke."

The final part all falls under the Elastic All Absorbing and Justifying Clause: "Conduct detrimental."

What is "conduct detrimental?"

Catch-22, son.

In the rain.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Even with MJ 100% legal, unregulated, and taxed (if at all) no more than any other consumer product (the Libertarian position), you could still have employers prohibiting it as a condition of employment.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:19 am

Pot search sparks controversy

A search for marijuana in a Citizens Memorial Hospital patient room has sparked controversy and conversation about a hot button issue after a video of the encounter between police, hospital staff, a patient and his supporters has gone viral.

The Facebook live video, posted on the Nolan’s Tribe of Warriors Against Cancer page, was filmed by Versailles resident Nolan Sousley — who says he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer — at around midnight Thursday night, March 7, as a Bolivar police officer searched bags in a CMH patient room.
http://bolivarmonews.com/news/pot-goes- ... 8491c.html

Asshole guard called the cops on the patient.

shemp

Post by shemp » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:50 am

Simple solution: The NFL must immediately ban its teams from playing in states where marijuana is legal! Moving several teams (including the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME, SPACE AND DIMENSIONS!!!) is a small price to pay to ensure that no player ever steps on the field stoned out of his gourd, rapes the head referee, drives a zamboni into the crowd, and, worst of all, TAKES A KNEE DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!!

:freedom: :freedom: :freedom: :freedom: :freedom: :freedom: :freedom:

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:35 am

I ask you this, shemp, did Michael Jackson rape children, R. Kelly urinate on children, Clinton rape and molest, Nixon obstruct justice, JFK start the Vietnam War after murdering Marylin Monroe, before we discovered marijuana?

*Drops mic . . .

. . . on foot . . .*

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:55 pm

It's easy to have dumb CBA arguments about Marijuana than have a real conversation about concussions and overall player health.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Apparently, even the NFL cannot have that conversation. Of course, they have the players over the proverbial barrel.

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:52 pm

I'm thinking this has to do with the whole conceit of athletes being "role models".

The message is weed is not OK (which is perfectly reasonable even if legal, cf tobacco).
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Weed is a gateway drug to steroids.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 pm

I’ve never done steroids. But then again I could of been stoned and forgotten.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 am

izittrue wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 pm
I’ve never done steroids. But then again I could of been stoned and forgotten.
Have you ever sobered up and found yourself at the finish line of Tour De France?

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Yeah, linseed oil has been known to do that.

--J.D.