Lakers vs. Celtics

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:24 pm

Doctor X wrote:Not as bright as the shine on that trophy the Celtics will win next year. . . .

--J.D.
Please, I bet you right now they are not making it to the Finals next year.

ck

Post by ck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Doctor X wrote:Not as bright as the shine on that trophy the Celtics will win next year. . . .

--J.D.
Pretty sure they're not winning, which is why I was glad they did it this year.

LA has some competition in a number of other young up and coming teams, so it's definitely not a shoe-in for them either.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:15 am

ck wrote:
Grammatron wrote:

--J.D.

LA has some competition in a number of other young up and coming teams, so it's definitely not a shoe-in for them either.
Assuming everyone stays health, they only team I would worry about is NO, the rest....meh, not impressed.

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:18 am

Grammatron wrote:
ck wrote:
Grammatron wrote:

--J.D.

Assuming everyone stays health, they only team I would worry about is NO, the rest....meh, not impressed.
Indeed.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:13 am

Grammatron wrote:
The Lakers?

I do not know, they could get lucky.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:38 am

Your coach also has reservations:
"We have to get some players if we're going to come back and repeat, to have that kind of aggressiveness that we need."

--Phil Jackson
"Get some players."

Well . . . I suppose if they can "get some players" the Lakers might have a chance.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:52 am

Like I said, I'm willing to make a bet.

How about this: If Celtic make it again and win I'll switch to Mac. If Laker win you switch to Windows :twisted:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:55 am

That would be like me proposing if I win I get Nicole Kidman and if you win you get Rosie O'Donnell.

I am all into friendly wagers, but a year is a long time.

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:59 am

Doctor X wrote:That would be like me proposing if I win I get Nicole Kidman and if you win you get Rosie O'Donnell.

I am all into friendly wagers, but a year is a long time.

--J.D.
The ball is in your court.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:48 am

Think of a realistic stake.

Probably have to do it like football wagers--one that gets furtherest in the playoffs win. If both teams get eliminated in the same round it is a wash.

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:21 am

Doctor X wrote:Think of a realistic stake.

Probably have to do it like football wagers--one that gets furtherest in the playoffs win. If both teams get eliminated in the same round it is a wash.

--J.D.
I'll be down for that. Lay out your terms and conditions.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:25 am

Well, my imagination is not too good at this stage; usually the loser has to buy the margarita. The other is forcing the loser to buy the winner's team's hat/t-shirt/thong and forcing him to wear it for a week or something.

Those are kind of hard to do over t3h interw3bs.

So I am open to suggestions.

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:00 am

Doctor X wrote:Well, my imagination is not too good at this stage; usually the loser has to buy the margarita. The other is forcing the loser to buy the winner's team's hat/t-shirt/thong and forcing him to wear it for a week or something.

Those are kind of hard to do over t3h interw3bs.

So I am open to suggestions.

--J.D.
I think wearing a Laker uniform in Boston is far more dangerous than other way around. See my comment about Hollywood Fans.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:18 am

I do not know, I know a Cs fan in LA who might disagree. Actually, she lives near Inglewood so . . . there you go.

I do not live in Boston currently so I may look like a bandwagoner no matter who wins!

--J.D.

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:07 am

I don't recall this happening in Boston recently. Even to a Yankee fan.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics

Post by Doctor X » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:22 am

What?

--J. "We've Got an Anti-Vaxxer!!" D.