Lakers vs. Celtics

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:44 am

Ugly.

ck

Post by ck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 am

Very ugly, but not that I'm minding at all! 8)

Who's MVP, Pierce or Allen?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 am

At least it was close.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:11 am

Sorry Grammy.

:D
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:24 am

That was very sad.

However, the next half a decade looks great.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:31 am

It certainly does look good for the Cs, yes.

--J.D.

P.S. Man, I did not predict THAT.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:57 am

"I told them defense was important."

Though my favorite is:

--J.D.

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:23 am

17th win on the 17th day...hmm it is all about 17
The only thing I said is they would not cut the lead to 10 points...that was with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.
I don't want to say anything...but...Kobe is not like Mike.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

ck

Post by ck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:50 pm

No, he most certainly isn't.

The problem has been that the NBA has so desperately wanted there to be a "next Michael Jordan" and so have touted Kobe to be just that.

There are very few players who are at that level or who approach that level, and Kobe isn't one of them.

Beamstalk

Post by Beamstalk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:58 pm

Doctor X wrote:Image

"I told them defense was important."
Guess he should have taken the advice himself......

Anyway Congrats Celts.
Sometimes the truth is arrived at by adding all the little lies together and deducting them from the totality of what is known. - Terry Pratchett "Going Postal"

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:24 pm

ck wrote:

The problem has been that the NBA has so desperately wanted there to be a "next Michael Jordan" and so have touted Kobe to be just that.

There are very few players who are at that level or who approach that level, and Kobe isn't one of them.
LeBron could be in that category, but like Jordan, he needs a good supporting cast to flourish properly.

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:31 pm

izittrue wrote: I don't want to say anything...but...Kobe is not like Mike.
Well he doesn't have a gambling problem but they do both practice adultery...hmm.

Sure Kobe is not Mike and Mike is not Kobe but so what? He's still one of the best players ever.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 pm

ck wrote:

That's only true if you hate Kobe for some reason. So it sounds like a personal problem.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Actually, that is a fairly objective assessment of Kobe.

Whether or not it is his fault that sportswriters and fans keep raising the "Who is the Next Michael?" question, the answer is it clearly is not Kobe.

His personal problems, his inability to be a team player, et cetera merely compounds the problem.

Does not mean he suddenly "sucks" as a player; he is just not as good as some would like him to be--who is?--nor as he thinks he is.

--J.D.

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Sure Kobe is not Mike and Mike is not Kobe but so what? He's still one of the best players ever.
yes you are correct he is one of the best players...and as Doc x states it's not Kobe's fault that people/sportwriters want him to be the next Mike...
I was just sayin' that he ain't...
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 pm

The local news sports reported just said that Vegas already has the Lakers as the favorites for next years championship.

Were they watching?

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Evolver wrote:The local news sports reported just said that Vegas already has the Lakers as the favorites for next years championship.

Were they watching?
They might be piling on Bynum here but he is a huge difference on the court. Also as a young team Lakers just got a crash course on what's needed to get to the Finals AND win it. I could see how they can be favorites next year.

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Grammatron wrote: They might be piling on Bynum here but he is a huge difference on the court. Also as a young team Lakers just got a crash course on what's needed to get to the Finals AND win it. I could see how they can be favorites next year.
I dunno. Gasol, Vujo... Vagisil... whatever his name is, and Radmanovic didn't seem to have what it takes. And Kobe doesn't appear to be enough of a leader to draw the team together.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Evolver wrote:
Grammatron wrote: They might be piling on Bynum here but he is a huge difference on the court. Also as a young team Lakers just got a crash course on what's needed to get to the Finals AND win it. I could see how they can be favorites next year.
I dunno. Gasol, Vujo... Vagisil... whatever his name is, and Radmanovic didn't seem to have what it takes. And Kobe doesn't appear to be enough of a leader to draw the team together.
Gasol was just not Physical enough for Boston, he needs to hit the gym for a bit. Vujacic is great, but his freshness made him a bit too trigger happy. Radmanovic...well he shoots a good 3 now and then but is useless for everything else. Maybe if he improved his D game he'd be something but as one of my friends put it, "There's nothing Rad about Radmanovic" :)

Kobe...well Kobe is Kobe and really he didn't do anything bad in the series. I have no worries with the Lakers. No one expected them in the finals this year and now everyone is expecting them to take it all in '09. The future looks bright :)

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Not as bright as the shine on that trophy the Celtics will win next year. . . .

--J.D.