More Crushing Disappointment for Cleveland

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: More Crushing Disappointment for Cleveland

Post by Pyrrho »

Sashi Brown, Executive VP of Operations, fired by the Browns.

Hue Jackson will return next year. :hyper:
Dawg Pound Daily‏
@dawgpounddaily

With today's loss, Hue Jackson is now 1-27 as HC of the #Browns, officially making him the worst HC in NFL history. Well done!
Yeah this is Cleveland. Maybe we'll get Johnny Football to make a comeback.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

You think Cleveland Browns is a money laundering operations?
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Well it must be something. They sure don't play pro football.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Andy Hart, Pats reporter, quipped that they want to give Jackson the opportunity to get his second win. . . .

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

@ClevelandMocks4

The Browns should trade Hue Jackson to the Bengals in exchange for getting rid of Hue Jackson
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Father Teaching Daughter How To Drive Stick In Empty Browns Parking Lot
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... aoimj5.jpg

The Onion

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

http://image.cleveland.com/home/cleve-m ... 3d6786.jpg
Hue Jackson says it's fair to question if DeShone Kizer will 'ever get it,' and ponders benching him

DeShone Kizer again threw away points in the red zone with an ill-advised pass that turned into an interception.
:De_Bunk:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Bench him for whom . . . or what?

At this point?

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

It reads like an Onion article.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... desho.html
Hue Jackson has tried a lot of tough love to coax the best out of DeShone Kizer, but wondered out loud for the first time after Sunday's 27-10 loss to the Ravens if the rookie has what it takes.

"He has some work to do,'' said Jackson, who's team dropped to 0-14 and 0-8 at home. "I think that's a fair question if he'll ever get it. I think he will, but he has to keep working.''

Jackson's answer was in direct response to Kizer throwing his league-leading sixth red zone interception against the Ravens according to profootballfocus.com, his third turnover of the game. Facing a third and 5 from the 6, he looked for Isaiah Crowell in the back of the end zone, where three defenders were waiting to pounce. Cornerback Brandon Carr came down with it, and that ended the Browns' chance of a comeback with 11:07 left in the game.

"Those are the things that he has to really fight against,'' said Jackson. "That's one of the areas of the field where there have been some struggles, but there has also been some improvement. You want to keep it going that way. Today we took a step back."

Kizer was also picked off in the first quarter by safety Eric Weddle, who now has six on the season, and was strip-sacked in the end zone, where the Ravens recovered it for a touchdown.
Even Kizer (20-of-37, 146, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 41.0 rating) acknowledged that watching from the sidelines for four or five games may have helped him this season. The problem is, there was no Josh McCown to turn to when the going got rough. Jackson tried Kevin Hogan in Houston, and he threw three picks in the first half. It's also the dilemma facing him now if he wants to sit Kizer. The alternatives aren't great.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I like how they clarify that going 0-14 includes going 0-8 at home as if, somehow, they went 4-4 at home with a 0-14 record. Or perhaps everyone thinks they have 6 or 8 home games after this. . . .

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Drive-time talk radio guys were broadcasting from a bar tonight...arguing about the Browns...one guy says, "In 2020 or 2025 we're gonna be the new Patriots. We're like the Patriots of the 1990s."

They were arguing about the draft, front office, etc. One guy says, "Yeah, draft versus front office...it's like which came first, the chicken or the egg?" One of the other guys says, "The Browns are trying to figure that out."

I switched stations.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

They could have been the Patriots of the 2000-20s in the 1990s if they did not fire Belichick. Granted, the asshole owner who fired him moved the team so that would have made the 1990s Ravens the Patriots of the 2000-20 and no one wants that.

But what can they do?

I visited a place Without Sports and their talk I listened similarly in the car actually discussed WNBA and http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... 60c4ce.gif soccer.

To be fair to Cleveland, what can they do? They have no good QB--or any QB--they do not see "the One" coming down the pike any time soon, so they have to suck, collect 1st round picks, and hope, by 2020-25 "the One" will show up. They should pay attention to Indy. Their "One" may be "Done." Think of the irony: they had not one but two Quarterbacks . . . of . . . DESTiny and over twenty years of that got one SB only, and they only got that one because Belichick thought "wide receivers? Nyaah" for one year.

If you have no pieces around him, no matter how good your QB is, he is going to get killed.

There is always basketball . . . well, at least for this year.

--J.D.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

https://i.imgur.com/iVpatMT.png
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Oh great!

He has awakened a sleeping . . . sleeping . . . Brown.

Never mind.

--J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

[youtube][/youtube]

--J. "It's Not Your Fault!" D.
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

It is his fault. Room full of snowflakes.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

An example of a failure of leadership.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ls_di.html
Browns running back Isaiah Crowell felt disrespected when coach Hue Jackson gave him the ball only one more time after his 59-yard run in Sunday's 27-10 loss to the Ravens, but Jackson made it clear that's not the kind of run that will inspire him to feed the Crow.

"No, me and you, all five of us could have run through that hole,'' Jackson said as the Browns prepare to face the 4-10 Bears on Christmas Eve.

"Inspiring runs, just so we're all on the same page, are when you break tackles. It's the tough runs. It's when everybody is knocking the crap out of you and you find a way to still make 4 or 5 yards. That's running in the National Football League.''

He defended giving Crowell the ball only one more time that game despite the fact the Browns trailed only 17-10 at the half.

"When everything is blocked pretty and you can just run down up through there, that doesn't happen but once or twice in a game,'' said Jackson. "Not saying that Crow doesn't do that. He does it well for us, but I'm just saying you guys are talking about a run that - I'm being very honest - we all could have run through."
Sure, Hue. Way to improve morale.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Link:

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

@NOTSportsCenter

BREAKING: With the Browns clinching the #1 overall pick, every single draft eligible player has announced they are all returning to school
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Link:

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DR1QXd5VQAA-P8D.jpg
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Link:

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

http://www.fosterfh.com/obituaries.php?id=1238

http://www.fosterfh.com/images/obitpics/1514494077.jpg
HURON - Paul Stark passed away on December 27, 2017 of complications from a brief illness, exacerbated by the hopeless condition of the Cleveland Browns, at Stein Hospice, Sandusky.
Paul passed just before the Browns were prepared to turn the corner but had many well-earned blessings. Paul believed in paying it forward, and the goodwill he leaves behind will endure long after he's gone.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Wow.

--J.D.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Oh Cleveland
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

See you at the parade! :hyper:
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2192 ... ble-losers
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed that Hue Jackson will be the coach of the Browns in 2018.
Gee, what would it take to get fired? :notsure:
Haslam did not waver from his initial announcement Dec. 8 that Jackson will return and said that Jackson has provided "great leadership"

"I remember standing approximately here last year and apologizing to our fans for the poor job we had done as owners, and I would just reiterate that again. Our record is unacceptable and we accept full responsibility for that.

"I don't think that I need to say this ... Hue Jackson will be back as our coach next year in 2018. He and John (Dorsey, general manager) are already off to a good start together," Haslam said.

Jackson tried to sound a positive note post-game.

"This part of the journey is over with," he said. "The two years of this has been tough. But I think we're at the end of that road. I think our player know it. I think the organization knows it. I know our fans don't.

"I don't want anyone thinking that just because we're 0-16 I'm going to walk out the door. That's not going to happen. We're going to get this thing fixed. That's what John Dorsey is here for. That's what I'm here for. We're going to fix this."
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

"We're at the end of the road," is an appropriate statement.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... fjykqk.jpg

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

When is somewhere in the outfield.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The links at Cleveland.com are kind of hilarious.

Browns become second team in NFL history to finish 0-16, so bring on the parade

Haslam: Hue will be hero 'when we win'

Shaw: Keeping Hue is strange but true

Pluto: Why Haslam is sticking with Hue

Players relieved season is over

Haslam denies he wants to sell team

Podcast: What comes after 0-16?
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

@EarlLipphardtJr

GM John Dorsey now has the worst job in NFL- build a team around a meddling owner, moron HC, lack of skill players, and be the scapegoat.
@EarlLipphardtJr

So GM John Dorsey was told by his 1-31 anemic HC #FireHue that the coach will pick the OC? Because Hue has shown such brilliance on offense?
@AKinkhabwala

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he TOLD new GM John Dorsey that Hue Jackson would return as head coach, that there was no debate. Says, "I don't think Hue has lost (his) magic."
:cowbell:
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://twitter.com/Reflog_18
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

What could be more disappointing for Cleveland than the fact that it is in Cleveland? And in Ohio for chrissakes.

Have you ever been there? Shit. I worked for a company in Cinncinnnnaitttaie for a year and I am here to tell you that a .45 to the back of the skull would have been a welcome alternative to the stultifying bland that is the midwest. And Ohio in particular. Know where the Cinncinati international (HA!!!) airport is? Fucking Kentucky. That in and of itself should tell you something. And the best "restaurant" (HA!!HA!!) served poached hobo balls, or so it seemed.

Jesus. A loosing team playing some gay sport is barely the tip of the iceberg, ir boreburg as the natives call it.

Jesus, now I fell like I need to shower. Midwest. The horror. Ohio, the the the ...
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Could go in the Graph thread, but, well:

--J. "They are the Carbon-Neutral Team" D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Link:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II »

ed wrote:What could be more disappointing for Cleveland than the fact that it is in Cleveland? And in Ohio for chrissakes.

Have you ever been there? Shit. I worked for a company in Cinncinnnnaitttaie for a year and I am here to tell you that a .45 to the back of the skull would have been a welcome alternative to the stultifying bland that is the midwest. And Ohio in particular. Know where the Cinncinati international (HA!!!) airport is? Fucking Kentucky. That in and of itself should tell you something. And the best "restaurant" (HA!!HA!!) served poached hobo balls, or so it seemed.

Jesus. A loosing team playing some gay sport is barely the tip of the iceberg, ir boreburg as the natives call it.

Jesus, now I fell like I need to shower. Midwest. The horror. Ohio, the the the ...
I can see Ohio from my house. There is a restaurant in Stuebenville that makes decent salad dressing. Other than that, I struggle to justify it's existence. When your state shares a "metropolitan" area with West Virginia, and your side is the crappy side, well, time to get your shit together.

I tried to watch an NBA game the other night and NBAtv blacked it out because Cleveland was playing and it claimed I was in the Cleveland viewing market. Them's fightin' words.