1 Down, 15 to go

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Evolver

Re: 1 Down, 15 to go

Post by Evolver » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:43 pm

canucks_warm_up[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Awesome.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 pm

As for the rest, sort of in keeping with some Vancouver fans I gather. Believe the rumors from Sports Dudes and the players felt there was no way they could lose.

Bad thinking. Still, I posted in the Sorry to Make You Cry thread after The Game That Will Not Be Mentioned with Uncalled Face-Mask Penalties, Cheating, and FUCK YOU! I even thought of printing up the grid, wrinkling it, giving it cigarette burns and "beer rings" and posting a jpeg of that--perhaps done in crayon--but it would have taken too long.

I wrote "some" because I will give a shout-out to "Har." Har is a gal with a REALLY high-pitched voice--sounded like a 12 year old boy. She called into WEEI to predict Bruins FAIL. Annoying, but she did know her stuff. I guess she has a Canucks blog. She became a regular feature and will guest host later this year because she is coming to Fenway to watch the RS beat the MFYs.

Anyways, she did call after Game 7, did congratulate the Bruins, did take "her medicine," and actually gave a good analysis of what happened.

So there are a few.

So very . . . few. . . .

---J.D.

P.S. Image
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 pm

. . . make that TWO Canuck fans. I stumbled up this blog . . . rather fair analysis.

LoveOurCanucks
If Boston Hates The Canucks Now, Just Wait. Game 6 Preview

Posted on June 13th, 2011, 4:29 pm by Fin

Talk, talk, talk, I’m sick of the “he said this and that” story already. Let’s play Stanley Cup hockey already! What did Luongo “really” mean by his ” It would have been an easy save for me,” line? Was it misinterpreted, or was it an out and out jab at Tim Thomas? Who knows, but the better goaltender after 60 minutes tonight will get the the last laugh as he will win the game, and if Roberto is good enough he will be the one hoisting the cup over his head. Then what will the statement mean?

Let’s get on with it shall we? This is going to be an ugly game I fear. Uglier than game 3 because Boston will have no choice but to pull out ALL the stops if they want their season to continue for one more game. You thought game 3 was rough? Well just wait for tonight then because tonight’s game could make game 3 look like a walk in the park. The Canucks will need to rise above it and be the better team. The better hockey team that is, and not the back alley brawling kind of team.

Canucks Lay Another Stinker in Boston. Lose Game Six, 2-5

Posted on June 13th, 2011, 9:10 pm by Fin

Sadly, I was right that Boston will hate the Canucks even more after tonight’s game. Luckily they have the summer to air out TD Garden to get rid of the stink the Canucks left after being blown out in game 6 by a score of 2-5. One team came ready to compete in tonight’s game and it obviously wasn’t the Canucks as they gave up 4 goals in 4 minutes in the first period to put the game away early for the Bruins.

I also predicted the game was going to be the ugliest yet, and once again the Canucks didn’t let me down because it was an ugly first period performance by the Canucks as the first period ended with the Canucks down 4-0, and Luongo sitting on the bench wondering if the three goals he let in would have been easy stops for Tim Thomas.

B’s Deliver The Sting As They Hoist The Stanley Cup on Canuck Ice

Posted on June 15th, 2011, 9:07 pm by Fin

This loss, game 7 of the Stanley Cup final is going to leave a mark. Once the bleeding and heeling are over with, there will be a scar that will last forever, a scar that will twinge June 15 every year.

There are only a few things worse than losing game 7 of the Stanley Cup final on home ice and watching your opponent celebrate their victory with the cup. One of them would be getting shut out by your opponent, and for that we can thank Tim Thomas. Thomas played a brilliant game, as well as series and he is almost single handedly responsible for breaking the Canucks hopes and dreams of finally winning the cup. Congratulations Tim, you worked for it and earned it.

Now is not the time to dissect the Canucks and their failures in this series, but suffice it to say that their goaltender was better than our goaltender in this series. Secondly, the Canucks top line of the Sedin Twins were largely ineffective in this game, hell, they were a minus 4 tonight! The ‘Sedinery’ magic that we all had become accustomed to during the regular season was non-existent in this series.

Ryan Kesler wanted this win bad tonight, and injured or not, he played like a winner. If anybody deserved to win on the Canucks tonight it was Ryan.

My 25 year old bottle of scotch I was saving for a Canuck win tonight will need to wait. But right now I’m not adverse to cracking open a bottle of 5 year old Pig’s Nose to drown my sorrows.
--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:09 am

Mordread wrote:Can someone check on Bearguin and make sure he hasn't hung himself in his closet?
"Who cares what that old cunt thinks? Put him on ignore and the quality of posts increases dramatically."

Indeed it does. Less posts from a hypocritical coward.

--J.D.

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Evolver wrote: What happened to Bearguin?
Bearguin had vacation planned and has been out of touch for 2 weeks. Seems like good timing for it.

Watched the final in some shitty resort outside the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with a couple of nice Boston fans. Fucked off before the game was over (knowing it was done).

Not a whole fuck lot I can say at this point, except GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!

Now off to watch Canadian Football and hope the Bombers don't suck this year.

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Bearguin wrote:
Evolver wrote: What happened to Bearguin?
Bearguin had vacation planned and has been out of touch for 2 weeks. Seems like good timing for it.

Watched the final in some shitty resort outside the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with a couple of nice Boston fans. Fucked off before the game was over (knowing it was done).

Not a whole fuck lot I can say at this point, except GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!

Now off to watch Canadian Football and hope the Bombers don't suck this year.
Well, good to see that you didn't hang yourself. Are you planning on ditching the Canuckleheads and jumping on the Winnepeg bandwagon?

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Mordread wrote: Well, good to see that you didn't hang yourself. Are you planning on ditching the Canuckleheads and jumping on the Winnepeg bandwagon?
Absolutely. That decision was made as soon as the move was announced and was not influenced by the Canucks fuck up.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:10 pm

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 am

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Cory Schneider, not Roberto Luongo, to start tomorrow

Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff January 6, 2012 03:39 PM

The Canucks announced that Marblehead native Cory Schneider will start tomorrow against the Bruins. Roberto Luongo is coming off a shutout against Minnesota on Wednesday.

The former Boston College standout is 8-5-0 with a 2.15 GAA and a .931 save percentage this season. Luongo is 17-8-3 with a 2.38 GAA and a .917 save percentage.

The Bruins shredded Luongo at TD Garden during the Stanley Cup Final. Luongo allowed 15 goals on 66 total shots in three losses in Boston.
This man has more testosterone:

--J.D.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:26 am

1 Down, 15 to go
Is this some sort of racist commentary on Eubonic Math??

Counting in fifteens is a perfectly acceptable cross cultural adaptive mechanism that compensates for 1000's of years of oppression. We should glory in our diversity (but don't let a brother do your income taxes)

:x
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 am

--J.D.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 am

coinkydink? I think not. These clowns are fighting over a bit of medieval ordnance. :clap:
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 pm

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat May 04, 2013 7:03 am

Grammatron wrote:
Grammatron wrote:That was a solid beatdown. But I'm not convinced they learned how to not choke in playoffs yet.
Called it.
Spoiler:
--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed May 08, 2013 5:31 am

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed May 08, 2013 8:08 am

Sweep.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed May 08, 2013 8:21 am

And to lose in overtime after taking the lead in regulation.

IF I did not know enough truly obnoxious Canucks fans, I would almost feel sorry for them.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue May 14, 2013 1:29 am

Sorry . . . a bit busy applying the Heimlich maneuver. . . .

--J.D.