Penn State Paterno Provides Promotion for Pedophiles. . . .

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Penn State Paterno Provides Promotion for Pedophiles. .

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:07 pm

grayman wrote:Image
Somebody had to do it. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos. -- Abdul Alhazred

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Unfortunately, pedophiles usually think they're doing kids a favor.
And the kids think they're doing the pedophile a favor..... :(

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:23 am

grayman

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

grayman

Post by grayman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:17 pm

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Wonder how often accused serial rapists are allowed bail?

--J.D.

P.S. However, the concluding paragraph to your linkypoo is just sad FAIL:
This is just the beginning of the liberal democrat scandal of the Century. This will make the Catholic priest scandal pale by comparison. Just watch, over the next 6 to nine months, ... the liberal elitist professors will be taking early retirement, or leaving on long term sabbaticals, sans pay ,, in droves .

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:56 pm

The Big Ten has taken Joe Paterno's name off the Big Ten's football championship trophy.

League commissioner Jim Delany said Monday that it is "inappropriate" to keep Paterno's name on the trophy that will be awarded Dec. 3 after the first Big Ten title game.

Penn State fired Paterno, its longtime head coach, last week and investigations are under way into allegations of child sex-abuse involving a former assistant for the Nittany Lions.

The trophy had been named the Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy. Amos Alonzo Stagg won 319 games in 57 years, most at the University of Chicago. Paterno's 409 wins are the most by a major college coach.

The trophy will now be called the Stagg Championship Trophy.

Linkypoo
--J.D.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Its just beginning. The lawyers (bless 'em) are lining up for their meal ticket.

Wanna buy some college buildings, cheap?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Since Sandusky was freed, an elementary school bordering his home has taken steps to ensure student safety. Sandusky's backyard is next to the playground at Lemont Elementary School.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/14/us/pennsy ... ach-abuse/

:D
keeps getting better
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

grayman

Post by grayman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Doctor X wrote:P.S. However, the concluding paragraph to your linkypoo is just sad FAIL...
Just passing the info along.

I report, you decide. :)
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

RCC

Post by RCC » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Doctor X wrote:Wonder how often accused serial rapists are allowed bail?

--J.D.
Depends on the jurisdiction. Here, everyone is entitled to have bail set save those accused of crimes where the potential penalty is life. The feds handle things differently.

100K for sexual assault isn't out of line, although a home confinement provision is also pretty standard these days. We have to remember that as per the legal system he's still innocent.

RCC

Post by RCC » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Doctor X wrote:The comparisons to the Catholic Church and cults in general are not hyperbole. I did not know of--nor cared about--Penn State and college football in general for reasons I will not tangent the thread. The mindless devotion to the Church of Paterno--the amount of power he wielded in not only the university but the state is appalling. The willingness to excuse this behavior from True Believers is only outdone by the willingness of Paterno to cover up these incidents.

--J.D.
I've, until recently, considered Paterno to be one of the finer human beings on the planet. Simply labeling him a coach is a bit unfair, especially from the perspective of Penn State. Sure, he managed to run a competitive program without breaking any major rules and with an absolutely outstanding graduation rate. None of this makes up for his current lapse, to be sure, but it, along with the below does at least partially explain, but not excuse, the sort of denial on the part of PSU partisans.

Beyond sports he brought more money into the academic programs there than one might imagine between alumni support and membership in the CIC. Just membership in the CIC (committee on industrial cooperation) brings in absurd grant money and resources. You get into the CIC by joining the Big 10, which these days means you better have a solid football program along with strong academics. Plus Paterno bought the university a library and made countless other economic sacrifices for the better of the school, although the cynic would point out they were also for the benefit of his legend.

So when you are at Penn State, Paterno's fingerprints are on virtually everything. From the books in the library to the test tubes in the lab, the money behind these things is at least indirectly attributable to Paterno and his program.

So there is a ton of emotional investment involved here, more than would be at any other university. It is a unique situation.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:38 am

It's been announced that Joe Paterno has lung cancer:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/18/us/pennsy ... ?hpt=hp_t2

They claim it's a "treatable" form. Ah, well...I wouldn't wish it on anybody.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:31 pm

Pretty much people have had to look for idiots to put on talk shows. I suppose there are more such in Pennsylvania--rather par for the course--but in more civilized areas, you have to look. There have been a few who claim "dey coulda let him go with digny!!"

I say he goes with the same dignity the victims of his omission then commission suffered. Make no mistake, to cover up and turn a blind eye makes one an accessory in the eyes of That Hot ADA on Law & Order.

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Mark Steyn checks in:
No Man’s Land
National Review

Hold it right there. “The next morning”?

Here surely is an almost too perfect snapshot of a culture that simultaneously destroys childhood and infantilizes adulthood. The “child” in this vignette ought to be the ten-year-old boy, “hands up against the wall,” but instead the “man” appropriates the child role for himself: Why, the graduate assistant is so “distraught” that he has to leave and telephone his father. He is pushing 30, an age when previous generations would have had little boys of their own. But today, confronted by a grade-schooler being sodomized before his eyes, the poor distraught child-man approaching early middle-age seeks out some fatherly advice, like one of Fred MacMurray’s “My Three Sons” might have done had he seen the boy next door swiping a can of soda pop from the lunch counter.

The graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, is now pushing 40, and is sufficiently grown up to realize that the portrait of him that emerges from the indictment is not to his credit and to attempt, privately, to modify it. “No one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30–45 seconds,” he e-mailed a friend a few days ago. “Trust me.”

“Trust me”? Maybe the ten-year-old boy did. And then watched Mr. McQueary leave the building. Perhaps the child-man should try “imagining” the ten-year-old’s thoughts or being in his shoes. Oh, wait. He wasn’t wearing any.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos. -- Abdul Alhazred

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 am

Like earlier accusers, both of the new alleged victims told the grand jury they met Sandusky through The Second Mile charity for at-risk children that he founded in 1977.

"As in many of the other cases identified to date, the contact with Sandusky allegedly fit a pattern of `grooming' victims," Attorney General Linda Kelly said in a statement. "Beginning with outings to football games and gifts; they later included physical contact that escalated to sexual assaults."

One of the new alleged victims, dubbed Victim 9 by prosecutors, claims he was first assaulted in 2004, and the other, called Victim 10, told the grand jury he was assaulted after being referred to Second Mile in 1997.

The ninth accuser, currently 18, was 11 or 12 when he first met Sandusky in 2004. Sandusky took him to Penn State football games and gave him gifts and money, and later sexually assaulted him during overnight stays in a basement bedroom in Sandusky's home, the grand jury said.

The accuser said that Sandusky forced the boy to perform oral sex and attempted on at least 16 occasions to anally penetrate him, sometimes successfully. "The victim testified that on at least one occasion he screamed for help, knowing that Sandusky's wife was upstairs, but no one ever came to help him," the grand jury report said.

Associated Press
: Genaro C. Armas and Marc Levy
--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:40 pm

"That's got the hallmark on it!" --Jack Halliday
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

RCC

Post by RCC » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Sandusky waived his preliminary hearing. Probably the wise thing to do, although he is passing on a strong discovery tool. The publicity generated by having those children tell their stories in public and the damage that would cause is considerable.

Plus, I don't know how it works in PA, but here at the end of a prelim the prosecutor can argue for a bond increase....

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Paterno is now admitting he knew "inappropriate behavior" happened between Sandusky and a victim.

Awesome, Joe.

--J.D.

grayman

Post by grayman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 am

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:46 am

Er, when alumni question why one is destroying one's football powerhouse? Yes.

I suppose they could have just told them to go suck dicks or bugger an 8 yr old.