The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge VIII

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
gnome

Re: The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge VIII

Post by gnome »

Frisco to melt.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

:Waaaah:Current Super Bowl Pickies:

Super Bowl: 3 $20 37 10 points

Do you really need a schedule? Really? I mean . . . really?

--J.D.
Last edited by Doctor X on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Crows to get stuffed.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks »

baltimore to lose.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Indeed. They are no doubt in mourning over Art Modell not getting into the Hall of Fame.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Looks like SF is taking a few pages out of the Pats AFC Championship playbook.

Granted, the wrong pages.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Doctor X wrote:Looks like SF is taking a few pages out of the Pats AFC Championship playbook.

Granted, the wrong pages.

--J.D.
One of my college friends just posted something similar on Facebook:

Looks like the 49er secondary was in the "Dallas cowboy" defense there

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Drive killing turnovers. Now I STILL maintain Ridley was "down" but if he was not down, the SF player certainly was not down. Nevertheless two horrible interceptions--without even the excuse of a tip.

SF did get screwed on calling the receiver "down"--21-10 is very very different than 21-6.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

ANOTHER IDEA

From Radrick--I mentioned I have been disappointed with the Dipshit Bonus since, through no fault of the players, we have situations where the game is "won" before the playoffs. What is the point when you know someone has one by the Division Round.

So the idea we consider was if you are in the Dipshit category you get a choice:
  • 1. Take the 6 point DSB
    2. Pick the Loser of one of the games
If you pick correctly you get a "bigger" bonus . . . 10 pts? 15 pts? If you do not you get nothing. You still get the other points for owning a team that wins a playoff game, of course.

Take current situation: Mordread can sit fat and happy unless izittrue decides to pick a loser. Of course, if he picks the same loser nothing is done. Unless, of course, izittrue[/b] waits until just before kickoff to post!

Radrick also suggests a score guess.

Thoughts?

--J.D.

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Doctor X wrote:ANOTHER IDEA

From Radrick--I mentioned I have been disappointed with the Dipshit Bonus since, through no fault of the players, we have situations where the game is "won" before the playoffs. What is the point when you know someone has one by the Division Round.

So the idea we consider was if you are in the Dipshit category you get a choice:
  • 1. Take the 6 point DSB
    2. Pick the Loser of one of the games
If you pick correctly you get a "bigger" bonus . . . 10 pts? 15 pts? If you do not you get nothing. You still get the other points for owning a team that wins a playoff game, of course.

Take current situation: Mordread can sit fat and happy unless izittrue decides to pick a loser. Of course, if he picks the same loser nothing is done. Unless, of course, izittrue[/b] waits until just before kickoff to post!

Radrick also suggests a score guess.

Thoughts?

--J.D.

I like the first idea a lot.

As for the score guess, I think it's a good idea, but could be difficult to track for the duration of the playoffs. No intent to offend, but score tracking becomes more prone to errors the further into the season we go (hell, you're busy, it happens). If you came up with a more precise way to track (e.g. The dreaded MS Excel :x ) it might be more realistic.

This may be better suited for the Superbowl only. You could even have multiple categories to make wagers on (e.g. Coin toss, first to score, etc.) to keep it even more competitive, while not trying to overcomplicate all of the playoffs.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

The score would only count for either the Super Bowl with or without playoffs. And then one would have to make it something like guessing magnitude of the a win. I am not that excited with scoring for the reasons you mention (Image) but mainly to keep this simple and fun. Also, what is the likelihood of guessing the exact score difference? I one could do that, one should be in Vegas getting [CENSORED--Ed.].

Not to make excuses, but it has been a busy season--and will be for the near future--I could no longer lounge on a Sunday updating scores.

Of COURSE perhaps Our Omnipotent Admin [PBUH--Ed.] could update the codes so I do not have to keep doing screen shots!

Anyways, looks like Mordread needs to pick a movie. . . .

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Wish I had put money to "win" on all the "losers" I picked this year. Of course THEN they really would have lost.

izittrue

Post by izittrue »

So I was supposed to pick a loser before the game started or is that for next year?
If so I would of picked harbaugh's team to lose which would make me a winner. What?
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

No, what I mean is I am thinking of tweeking some of the rules for next year.

--J.D.

izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Ah. That's what I thought. Just confirming. Thx Doc.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks »

Congratulations to whomever won, and thank you DocX for some good fun.

izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Ya. What Jacks said !!
Will Rogers -

grayman

Post by grayman »

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Oh the conspiracy theorists are all over the place. As much as I hate Baltimore, the only reason SF was at the Super Bowl was because the refs ignored a blatant hold/interference near the end of the conference championship game. Sure, "Matty Ice" may then thrown a pick, but you never know.

Or as one Pats Sports Writer loves to joke, "we are undefeated in games we didn't play!"

Back to the blackout, it CERTAINLY gave SF a chance to "breath" and collect themselves after facing a complete raping. Would have loved to see Baltimore lose simply to have all the Murderer Apologist/Ball Washers cry.

Because what is sports if others do not suffer in defeat?

--J.D.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

Candy-ass girly-men specialize in victories that don't result in lamentations of their wymen.