Lance Armstrong

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
izittrue

Re: Lance Armstrong

Post by izittrue »

Cool Hand wrote:
izittrue wrote:I have now won the Tour de France as many times as mr Armstrong. Huh go figure.
:D You too? Me too too. Gimme back my yellow jersey. And my bullets.

CH
Pronounced leoinerd skinerd?
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

(Newser) – Lance Armstrong has spent the last decade swearing up and down that he never, ever, used drugs to boost his performance, even as the evidence mounted and he got stripped of his titles and glory. Now, he might just fess up, reports the New York Times and Wall Street Journal. Both quote anonymous insiders as saying that Armstrong is moving toward a confession, which could result in his lifetime ban from cycling and other sports being reduced.

The move raises all kinds of thorny logistics involving potential perjury charges, a federal whistleblower case, and lawsuits over previous winnings. But Armstrong has reportedly been talking to world and US anti-doping officials about the possibility. If he can get the lifetime ban reduced—in exchange for details on how he doped—he would be able to compete in cycling and triathlon events again, though he'd still probably have to wait years.
http://www.newser.com/story/160436/lanc ... oping.html

... in exchange for details on how he doped ...

WTF.

They should make an official Sports Hall of Shame.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

If he handles it right, he can be lionized for his courage and heroism. Kind of like the bad guy wrestlers who turn good.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Pyrrho wrote:If he handles it right, he can be lionized for his courage and heroism. Kind of like the bad guy wrestlers who turn good.
:roll:

I'm thinking ... no.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I'm thinking the USADA should tell him to fuck off, no deals. If he confesses, the lifetime ban(s) should stand.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

And the horse HIS MOM rode in on. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

NSFW. Bare-chested Lance Armstrong photo with his tights hovering just above crotch level. No joke.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-ad ... -Rats.html

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Rob Lister wrote:
(Newser) – Lance Armstrong has spent the last decade swearing up and down that he never, ever, used drugs to boost his performance, even as the evidence mounted and he got stripped of his titles and glory. Now, he might just fess up, reports the New York Times and Wall Street Journal. Both quote anonymous insiders as saying that Armstrong is moving toward a confession, which could result in his lifetime ban from cycling and other sports being reduced.

The move raises all kinds of thorny logistics involving potential perjury charges, a federal whistleblower case, and lawsuits over previous winnings. But Armstrong has reportedly been talking to world and US anti-doping officials about the possibility. If he can get the lifetime ban reduced—in exchange for details on how he doped—he would be able to compete in cycling and triathlon events again, though he'd still probably have to wait years.
http://www.newser.com/story/160436/lanc ... oping.html

... in exchange for details on how he doped ...

WTF.

They should make an official Sports Hall of Shame.
Do like OJ did: if I Did It, here's how it was done. (A work of "fiction" of course).
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Lance to appear on exclusive interview with Oprah.

More evidence that immense ego can obviate self respect.

Not that he should have any of that.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Pyrrho wrote:More evidence that immense ego can obviate self respect.
Lance or Oprah?

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Doctor X wrote:
Lance or Oprah?

--J.D.
Dealer's choice.

No doubt there will be bathos and tears from both of them. He can wipe his face with one of "his" yellow jerseys.

Better make sure the whaaaambulance is there with the engine running.

Wonder if the Feds will be waiting to arrest his ass if he happens to admit to the deeds.

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Pyrrho wrote:
Doctor X wrote:
Lance or Oprah?

--J.D.
Dealer's choice.

No doubt there will be bathos and tears from both of them. He can wipe his face with one of "his" yellow jerseys.

Wonder if the Feds will be waiting to arrest his ass if he happens to admit to the deeds.
I think Oprah should do us all a solid and have a few, just a few of the non-doping 2nd and 3rd placers on with him--the non-cheaters that lost to him in those races. Let him look them in the eye as he comes non-noticeably clean with Oprah.

Beanbag

Post by Beanbag »

Rob Lister wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:
Doctor X wrote:
Lance or Oprah?

--J.D.
Dealer's choice.

I think Oprah should do us all a solid and have a few, just a few of the non-doping 2nd and 3rd placers on with him--the non-cheaters that lost to him in those races. Let him look them in the eye as he comes non-noticeably clean with Oprah.
How would you know they weren't doping? Maybe they just didn't do it as well as Lance did.

There was a line in some article I read (in passing) about doping in cycling, and the gist of it was that if you were in the top 10 percent of the competitors, it was generally a given that you HAD to be doping.

Beanbag
I fear no gods, because they don't exist, but I fear the fool that truly Believes.

I'm voting Romney this time around, because I've never settled for the lesser of two evils.

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Beanbag wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:
Doctor X wrote:
Lance or Oprah?

--J.D.
Dealer's choice.

How would you know they weren't doping? Maybe they just didn't do it as well as Lance did.

There was a line in some article I read (in passing) about doping in cycling, and the gist of it was that if you were in the top 10 percent of the competitors, it was generally a given that you HAD to be doping.

Beanbag
I reject that hypothesis and here is why: there is evidence against Armstrong, he didn't take the stand in his own case, he plead no contest cause they had him dead to rights, the jury returned with the verdict guilty. If that can be said about the no. 2 or 3 slot, then let's back it down to 4 or 5 or whatever. But it can't.

If the sport matters at all, it does matter.

Until Lance cuts off his one good ball and leaves it on Oprah's sound stage, he's dead in my eyes.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

He choked up when apologizing to staff at Livestrong. Some of them broke down in tears.

Nice practice run. Today he probably shed a few tears of his own for Oprah. I hope they rehearsed enough.

What a fucking setup this whole bullshit interview is.

The lifetime ban should stand.

...and for lagniappe...

[youtube]KYa1IsxGVuc[/youtube]

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Ban Lance.
Ban Pete
Ban Roger
Ban Barry
Ban asthmatic . . . oh wait . . . sorry . . . got carried away.

*Erase! Erase!*

--J.D.

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

Heh. The only kind of doping I've ever done was most certainly not performance enhancing!
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

WildCat

Post by WildCat »

asthmatic camel wrote:Heh. The only kind of doping I've ever done was most certainly not performance enhancing!
Unless you're a snowboarder.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

WildCat wrote:
asthmatic camel wrote:Heh. The only kind of doping I've ever done was most certainly not performance enhancing!
Unless you're a snowboarder.
"There's some discussion about marijuana," Carrard said. "I've been told that it could be a performance-enhancing drug because it appeases."
appeases?