A Long, Long History of MFY Cheating Exposed!

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: A Long, Long History of MFY Cheating Exposed!

Post by Doctor X »

Anaxagoras wrote:Interestingly the 50-game suspensions coincide almost exactly with the number of remaining regular season games.

E.g., Nelson Cruz is done for this season but has a clean slate for next season. He is a free agent after this season, which is probably why he didn't appeal.
Those are the exact reasons. Same for A-Fraud--to cover the remaining season and the next season. It has been widely speculated that those who are free agents--like Cruz--would choose to accept given the evidences--thanks--rather than appeal and face the suspension next year which would greatly affect their value.

Of course, like Braun, one has to wonder how valuable they are without PEDs.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Does this mean that if their teams happened to make the playoffs, they would be eligible to play?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Unfortunately, those with 50 games, yes. I do not agree with it.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Evolver

Post by Evolver »

Link

So now he's not only A-Roid, but also A-Rat.
:roll:
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Beat me to it.

Was busy reading up on other things at Popehat--on what is and what is not a successful defamation action.

The reception in Fenway should be . . . epic.

I almost posted The Onion letter from A-Fraud where he states he just wants to get back to cheating at baseball.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

You almost get the feeling that what Ryan Dempster did was on the behalf of baseball.

--Dave O'Brien, Red Sox Announcer: after A-Fraud McSlappy is hit by a pitch.

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Two wrongs, etc.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

"Two wrongs don't make a right. But the three do."

--Deteriorata

--J. "You are a Fluke of the Universe" D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Should that be "But three lefts do"? :P
William Shakespeare
SezMe

Post by SezMe »

Doctor X wrote:A Fraud plans to appeal, of course. "Best New" for a RS fan since the MFYs have to pay him for the end of their futile year, then the rest of his contract after he serves the season + 50ish game suspension.
Surely not? There must be a "morals" clause or some such similar out so that he doesn't get paid. Have you seen anything authoritative on this in the press?
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

The MLB players union does not allow a "morals clause" with respect to PEDs. The punishment for a suspension is loss of pay for the games sat. So the MFY would not have to pay him for the 211 games. However, they have him signed beyond that point. So once the suspension is over, they would have no choice but to pay him. Unlike the NFL, they cannot just "cut" him and not pay him.

"Talking Heads" have been considering altering all of that so teams could tear-up a contract of a player with a large PED suspension, but it would not apply to A-Fraud, and it would require the agreement of the players union. Good luck on that!

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

If he has any endorsements deals, there might be a morals clause for those.
William Shakespeare
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Yeah, but he is not exactly "Mr. Endorsement"--when have you seen a national ad with him?

Okay . . . you are in Japan where it is all ICHIRO!!!!! Trust me, you do not. However, he has made $300+ million in his career. His last contract is a quarter of a billion dollars! And I mean real dollars, not some Canadian stuff!

Unless he has an epic gambling habit + drug addiction it is going to be very hard for him to lose that. He may be an arrogant douche-bag, but no one has called him "stupid" with regards to finances and the like.

Besides, should he need money he will just have to "write" a book--My Prison Without Walls II or something.

If I Did It?

Too soon?

--J.D.

P.S. He could be at risk from those he/His Team have accused such as the physician. How much of that is actionable I do not know.

SezMe

Post by SezMe »

Didn't he lie to - I dunno - a Grand Jury, MLB, a drug investigation, etc. Wouldn't that fall under a morals clause?

'Jes nit pickin' here. Nothing important.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I am not aware of such a "morals clause" in MLB contracts. Quick searching before my flight:
(1) fail, refuse or neglect to conform his personal conduct to the standards of good citizenship and good sportsmanship or to keep himself in first-class physical condition or to obey the Club’s training rules; or

(2) fail, in the opinion of the Club’s management, to exhibit sufficient skill or competitive ability to qualify or continue as a member of the Club’s team; or

(3) fail, refuse or neglect to render his services hereunder or in any other manner materially breach this contract."

[url=http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 338AAdFR2C]RinkyPoo
According to the rinkypoo, though 2 years old, there really has not been a successful challenge. For this, I doubt it would work.

--J.D.

izittrue

Post by izittrue »

A Rod suspended 2014 season.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Ah! Surprised it has not exploded on Boston radio yet.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Yankees Starter Michael Pineda’s Idiocy Defies Logic with Latest Stunt
ess than two weeks ago in a start against the Red Sox, Michael Pineda was obnoxiously obvious in his use of pine tar, or some sort of foreign substance. The Yankees starter wanted us all to believe it was dirt smeared by sweat all over the palm of his hand, but nobody was buying it. Fortunately for him, nobody was willing to press the issue either, certainly not the organization that lived through controversies in 2013 involving Clay Buchholz’s Bullfrog and Jon Lester’s glove gunk in the World Series.

He got a free pass from Major League Baseball, and little more than a few barbs from Boston players for being too obvious. Apparently, though, he didn’t receive much of a talking to behind closed doors.

Alan Kaufman: Boston Globe
Video

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Moron. You can clearly see a huge smear of it on his neck.
William Shakespeare
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Yeah. I was going to post a "@7 Chumpionships INvalidedatedideleventy" post with the first instance since it was so obvious. However, pretty much every former player interviewed stated it was for the grip. Bucholtz famously had . . . sun tan lotion . . . that is colored . . . and Lester had . . . had . . . something completely legal in the WS.

More seriously, even the RS stated that it is for the grip. I had thought if it was significant and umpire would notice it. However, though the umpire is the sole determinant on whether or not a player has an illegal substance he--I did not know this--cannot investigate unless a manager asks him. Therefore, in the Toilet Bowl II, even if they had huge photos of the pine tar on his hand the first time on the Jumbo-Tron, the umpire cannot do anything unless the manager complained.

The "story" is that, in the first game, RS sent word to the MFYs which is why the pine tar "disappeared" between innings.

Farrell--who is Belichickian in his press-conferences but with charm--gave a very clear warning before the game: basically do not make it so fucking obvious.

Well . . . even ESPN had shots of the sudden appearance of pine tar on his neck after an inning where he shat on the mound. It was too much.

All jokes aside, I am ambivalent on this in a way. On the one hand, no one has shown it affects the ball--like scuffing it. I guess one could complain that one should "pitch the elements" and if it is cold and you cannot grip . . . too fucking bad! To which a few retired hitters have noted that they would rather see strikes than a 90+ MPH ball with no control.

So there you go.

--J.D.