Soccer Ref Dies

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Soccer Ref Dies

Post by Rob Lister »

A 46-year-old soccer referee who was punched by a teenage player during a game and later slipped into a coma has died, police said. Ricardo Portillo of Salt Lake City passed away at the hospital, where he was being treated following the assault last weekend, a police spokesman said last night. Police have accused a 17-year-old player in a recreational soccer league of punching Portillo after the man called a foul and issued him a yellow card.
http://www.newser.com/story/167389/socc ... layer.html

On the bright side, no guns were involved. If they allowed refs to be armed ...
"The suspect was close to Portillo and punched him once in the face as a result of the call," he said. The teen, whose name hasn't been released because of his age, has been booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of aggravated assault; authorities are considering additional charges since Portillo died. An autopsy is planned. No cause of death was released. Portillo's family said he had been attacked before, and daughter Johanna Portillo said she and her sisters begged their father to stop refereeing because of the risk from angry players, but he continued because he loved soccer. "It was his passion," she said. "We could not tell him no."
I didn't know soccer was no dangerous to the refs. Fucker's been attacked before. Family warning him off the sport.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Soccer Ref Dies

Post by Doctor X »

Did the player get a red card?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Badger

Re: Soccer Ref Dies

Post by Badger »

Disgusting.

What is it with Footy that generates such violence? You have the hooligans, the crowds fighting and killing each other, the players prancing about and taking dives like they were shot, the disrespect to referees. Why?

I'll admit that North American hockey and lacrosse (and baseball too, I guess) are similarly abhorrent with the enshrinement of fighting in the games themselves.

Give me rugger any day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nineteen tequilas later, we had a deal.
You are my density. (G. McFly)
As my daddy always said, always check the fine print for penectomies. (punchdrunk)
Opinions aren't like assholes, because I don't know anyone with a million assholes.
Bettie Page set the standard for fetish models. (selwynator12/5/2008 5:34:37 PM)
Rugby players eat their dead.