Is Cheerleading a Real Sport?

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.

Is cheerleading a sport?

Yes.
55%
No.
No votes
P sub X
45%

Total votes: 11

Cool Hand

Re: Is Cheerleading a Real Sport?

Post by Cool Hand »

Rob Lister wrote: Let's be real here.

1) While cheerleading isn't just for women (At least one president was a cheerleader {bush} and another secretly cross-dressed in female cheerleading outfits {carter}) it is women that make it worthwhile (frankly, men cheerleaders are always suspect but for various reasons).
I thought that too, until my last two years of high school, when some of my male friends became cheerleaders and they showed me where their hands and fingers went on the girl cheerleaders they held and raised over their heads every day.

Think about it. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Now, if you were lifting a girl by yourself over your head, and you placed one hand on her and steadied her with the other, what exactly do you think forms the base she sits on? On what part of her does the sitting occur? On what part of you does she sit? Which hand? Your right hand. Yep. Every day. Several times, until you get it right. OK, once more for practice. Again? OK, but only if you insist, Jenna. Yeah, sucks to be a male cheerleader.

CH
....life purpose is pay taxes -- pillory 12/05/13

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

"Time" -- Pink Floyd

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Cool Hand wrote:

1) While cheerleading isn't just for women (At least one president was a cheerleader {bush} and another secretly cross-dressed in female cheerleading outfits {carter}) it is women that make it worthwhile (frankly, men cheerleaders are always suspect but for various reasons).
I thought that too, until my last two years of high school, when some of my male friends became cheerleaders and they showed me where their hands and fingers went on the girl cheerleaders they held and raised over their heads every day.

Now, if you were lifting a girl by yourself over your head, and you placed one hand on her and steadied her with the other, what exactly do you think forms the base she sits on? On what part of her does the sitting occur? On what part of you does she sit? Which hand? Your right hand. Yep. Every day. Several times, until you get it right. OK, once more for practice. Again? OK, but only if you insist, Jenna. Yeah, sucks to be a male cheerleader.

CH
Sounds like a lot of blue balls to me.

Cool Hand

Post by Cool Hand »

Grammatron wrote:
Cool Hand wrote:

CH
Sounds like a lot of blue balls to me.
If you don't know how to close the deal.

FWIW, five of the guys I knew in high school who were "stunt men" (what they called the male cheerleaders then) went on to be stunt men in college too, at Alabama and Auburn. There was a reason they kept doing it, and I don't think it was because they were fond of the uniforms.

CH

"Time" -- Pink Floyd

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Cool Hand wrote: If you don't know how to close the deal.
If you know how to close the deal, why bother with the whole cheerleading business? It's not like getting laid in college is that challenging.

Cool Hand

Post by Cool Hand »

Grammatron wrote:
Cool Hand wrote: If you don't know how to close the deal.
If you know how to close the deal, why bother with the whole cheerleading business? It's not like getting laid in college is that challenging.
There is getting laid, and there is getting laid by Grade A NCAA college football cheerleaders. Have you seen some of the female cheerleaders at Alabama, Auburn, or Georgia? 8)

"Time" -- Pink Floyd

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Cool Hand wrote: There is getting laid, and there is getting laid by Grade A NCAA college football cheerleaders. Have you seen some of the female cheerleaders at Alabama, Auburn, or Georgia? 8)
Sure I've seen them, they usually wise up and move out west 8)