Patriots

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Do Wonky Unto

Patriots

Post by Do Wonky Unto »

In the event that Gronk is out for an extended period of time, and the other tight end is...*ahem* a bit busy with some legal hassles, I'm interested to see what type of offense Bill shows up with for Woodhead and Ballard. Dr. X?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Patriots

Post by Doctor X »

"We're here to discuss the players on the field. As always, we will make decisions in the best interests of the New England Patriots. We need to coach better. Play better in all three phases of the game."

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Do Wonky Unto

Post by Do Wonky Unto »

Doctor X wrote:"We're here to discuss the players on the field. As always, we will make decisions in the best interests of the New England Patriots. We need to coach better. Play better in all three phases of the game."

--J.D.

Hahahahaaaaa. That is perfect.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

A Sports-Dude Michael Holley who spent time with the Patriots way back joked, imitating His Billness [PBUT--Ed.], that if he came home after picking up his kids, leaving some behind, he would respond: "I'm here to discuss the kids in the car."

What people do not understand is that he considers everything to be possible intelligence. Anything. So why tell someone something? He has certainly used information blurted out by other teams--especially couches. It makes for cement-setting boring press conferences.

More than one "New Patriot" has remarked that the biggest surprise they have about joining the team is how funny and profane Bill is outside of the cameras. The Football Life--which I have not seen--has a section where a mike caught him during a game where the Pats are destroying the opposition. The player, Mason, taunts Bill to which Bill responds, "Oh shut the fuck up Mason! Why don't you look at the fucking score board?!"

Let me see . . . Google-Fu:

[youtube]f0NcdnMC7NU[/youtube]

--J.D.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Do Wonky Unto

Post by Do Wonky Unto »

I love that guy. Mrs. Do and I were in Boston for a few Sox games a few years ago amd the Pats had just lost to the Jets. His postgame was essentially what you said earlier, and folks at the Lansdowne were "inventing" what his locker room speech would have been.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

He did mention in a relaxed moment that you cannot be what you cannot be--he cannot be a Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan is not that bad of a coach. I do not think his antics really help his team, but he is saddled with a very bad ownership and general manager(s).

So as much as it would be entertaining for Bill to "go off on" reporters, players, other coaches, he simply sees no benefit for it.

There is another story of a player who opened his mouth, was brought before the Powers That Be, and was told he had a choice. Back then, it use to be, apparently, that reporters had access to the lunch area and could ask players questions. So his choice was either to eat after normal time or take his lunch to his car and eat in his car!

As another reporter put it, "remember Tim Teabow?" as in "hey, is he on the team?" Granted, Aaron "Serial Killer" Hernandez has dominated the news, but he has only made one statement regreting Aaron. Other than that?

--J.D.

Evolver

Post by Evolver »

Doctor X wrote:So why tell someone something? He has certainly used information blurted out by other teams--especially couches.

--J.D.
One can only go sofa with that.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Well, Rex is a foot-stool after all. . . .

--J.D.

grayman

Post by grayman »

Tim Tebow's days with Patriots may be coming to end
Sixty-eight Patriots saw action in the 40-9 loss to the Detroit Lions in the third week of preseason play. It was a critical chance to make New England's eventual 53-man opening week roster, or at least put something on film for another team to spot and scoop you up.

Tebow wasn't among them.

...Perhaps most surprising on Thursday wasn't that Tebow never lined up at quarterback, but that he never lined up anywhere.

This is a franchise that values versatility and this is a player of considerable athletic skill (even if his passing accuracy is often lacking).
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Tebow cut

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/tim-tebo ... d-patriots
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Patriots had not announced the move. It was first reported by ESPN.

Tebow's stay with the Patriots lasted just under 12 weeks and could signal the end of his NFL career. The former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback played in just three of New England's four preseason games, and was sacked four times in the finale, a 28-20 win over the New York Giants on Thursday night.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Yeah, but "all he does is win!"

--J.D.

Evolver

Post by Evolver »

Praise Jesus!
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I for one am SHOCKED!! He not only WON A PLAYOFF GAME, he WON his Pre-Season Game which, of course, secured home-field for the Patriots home opener!

However, all jokes aside, even the apologists for him have admitted the guy simply cannot throw a football. I never really paid attention to college football, but St. Tim taught me the utter difference between playing at a "high level" in college and playing in the NFL.

--J.D.

grayman

Post by grayman »

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

But he didn't suck Coach Belichic (or whatever the fuck is his name) enough.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.