Turning down jobs.

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Turning down jobs.

Post by Tiosylanyl »

The Messiah that is.
Tim Tebow, looking for a job after being released by the New England Patriots, refused to change positions after an NFL team expressed interest in him, according to a report by Peter King of Sports Illustrated.

Tim Tebow reportedly turned down a request to play a position other than QB. Should he switch? Cast your votes!
The report didn't say which team approached Tebow.

In addition to maintaining a strong desire to remain a quarterback, Tebow turned down an offer to play in the Canadian Football League. USA Rugby even came calling, King reported. The report also said that Tebow would return to the NFL only if given the chance to play quarterback.

And from the comments...
Tebow saying he is an NFL Qb reminds me of Happy Gilmore saying he was a hockey player.
Doesn't surprise me, virgins don't know how to change positions.
:lol:

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Turning down jobs.

Post by Doctor X »

A number of Talking Heads have opined that if His Billness cannot make it work, he is done.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Doctor X wrote:A number of Talking Heads have opined that if His Billness cannot make it work, he is done.

--J.D.
As long as be insists on trying to be a QB I agree with that sentiment. However, get him to move to RB or possibly TE (not sure how good he is at catching the ball) I think there's a chance he could have a halfway decent career in the NFL.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

In response to those questions, Patriots Football Weekly reports have basically asked rhetorically when, ever, has Tebow shown an ability to catch a ball? To run a route? They particularly condemn the TE speculations because this is a position "you don't just 'pick up!'" Of course, that proves a point not worth mooting if he is too stubborn to consider change.

He will not be a starting NFL QB. Another "Talking Head"--Peter "I Love EVERYONE!" King methinks--suggested that if he had a full offseason with a team that catered to his special needs, designed an offense around him, blah . . . blah . . . then "who knows?"

Bullshit.

What team is going to waste that time when this is clearly a passing league. Even "running QBs" have the threat to throw. Tebow really does not. How is a team going to just "pick up" the pieces he "needs?" To begin, he needs a strong defense since you cannot expect him to just outscore good opponents. Sure. Go to Walmart . . . NFL top five defenses are in a bin I think.

Frankly, the NFL has a pile of discarded "Heisman" and "Number One" QBs who were better but could still not cut it in the NFL. The only reason anyone cares is his religious preaching.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Evolver

Post by Evolver »

The job he was meant to have:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Cool Hand

Post by Cool Hand »

How I'll always remember the fucking asshole.

A good old fashioned southern beatdown.

CH
....life purpose is pay taxes -- pillory 12/05/13

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

"Time" -- Pink Floyd

WildCat

Post by WildCat »

Jesus wants him to be unemployed in the NFL.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

WildCat wrote:Jesus wants him to be unemployed in the NFL.
I predict he will agree with that, but call it something else.

Such as being called to preach.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

Part I find annoying is the number of times he gets in the paper up here as maybe coming to the CFL.

Seems every time Tebow farts down there, some reporter or another is anointing him the starting role in Montreal. He would suck up here much worse than he does down there but he still gets in the news.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

I was going to make a joke, "Well, there's always arena football," and reality has beat me to the punchline:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... a-football

LA KISS offer Tim Tebow contract to play arena football

But even that's old news.
KISS' offer isn't the first time Tebow's been offered an indoor football contract. The Omaha Beef offered Tebow a contract in April, that same month, Tebow also got an offer from the Lingerie Football League to be the LFL's 'National Quarterback Coach.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Pyrrho wrote:... Lingerie Football League ... Quarterback Coach
I had to look it up.

See that? The man is a Christian and the Devil tries to tempt him with the perfect gig (other than preacher) for getting lots of pussy. Or is women's football like tennis? :notsure:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Pyrrho wrote:But even that's old news.
KISS' offer isn't the first time Tebow's been offered an indoor football contract. The Omaha Beef offered Tebow a contract in April, that same month, Tebow also got an offer from the Lingerie Football League to be the LFL's 'National Quarterback Coach.
I imagine those ladies are already well familiar with men who have no idea what to do in the pocket, who then scramble from the pocket only to throw uselessly and short.

--J.D.

Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Bearguin wrote:Part I find annoying is the number of times he gets in the paper up here as maybe coming to the CFL.

Seems every time Tebow farts down there, some reporter or another is anointing him the starting role in Montreal. He would suck up here much worse than he does down there but he still gets in the news.
LOL, that'd be a friggin joke. The CFL is even MORE of a passing league than the NFL.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Apparently it is. Talking Heads Who Know have slammed down the "he will make it in Canada" claims because of that.

I suppose he can make Montreal more hated than Vancouver if that is possible.

--J.D.

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

Ronin wrote:
Bearguin wrote:Part I find annoying is the number of times he gets in the paper up here as maybe coming to the CFL.

LOL, that'd be a friggin joke. The CFL is even MORE of a passing league than the NFL.
I'd be happy if he ended up in Montreal, as a Bombers fan. But, yeah. He would suck even worse in the NFL.

grayman

Post by grayman »

Bearguin wrote:
I'd be happy if he ended up in Montreal...
Of course, because then you could point and laugh at him, and since he's American, you'd feel better about yourselves and start flying your country's flag right-side up again.

:)
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/this-is ... tim-tebow/
At 3:16 p.m. yesterday, a group of Jacksonville Jaguars fans organized a rally to make Tim Tebow the team’s quarterback. The event got national media coverage.

Here is a photo of the actual rally:
And they have t3h w3Bs1t3!!!

http://jags-tebow.com/
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

They are projected to lose 18 games . . . how much worse can they be?

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I can answer that.