More on the Dolphins Affair

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Anaxagoras

More on the Dolphins Affair

Post by Anaxagoras »

Rather than clutter up the other thread any more than I already did, I'll do what I should have done in the first place and start a new on this.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/11/0 ... -quitting/
A new report late Wednesday claims that Miami Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland was made aware of the alleged bullying involving offensive linemen Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito, and suggested that Martin try to resolve the matter by confronting his teammate physically.

The report, on the website ProFootballTalk.com ,cited multiple NFL sources in saying that Martin's agent, Rick Smith, called Ireland sometime before Martin left the Dolphins October 28 to complain about the way Incognito was treating his teammate. Ireland reportedly responded to Smith's complaint by telling him that Martin should stand up to Incognito physically and specifically suggested punching the latter man. The Dolphins organization has not commented on any aspect of the case since announcing Incognito's indefinite suspension for conduct detrimental to the team late Sunday.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
ed
Title: G_D

Re: More on the Dolphins Affair

Post by ed »

Two one percenters having a tiff. So sad.
About that stereo
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

William Shakespeare
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

It is getting "complicated." The infamous voice message is edited. Apparently Incognito stops with his "evil voice" and then calmly asks Martin to call him. Apparently, Martin played this voice mail in the locker room and laughed. Apparently he was inseparable from Incognito.

Apparently, he agreed to go to Las Vegas then cancelled at the last minute. He was told he needed to pay his share because he cancelled too late.

The current Conspiracy Theory, which rational Sports Dudes are considering, is that he wants out of football. He realized, after he walked out, he would not get paid. So he concocted this. Same Sports Dudes agree that Incognito is a piece-of-shit douche bag, with a father who is a complete and utter Cunt, so he was the perfect guy to use. Apparently, Martin never complained to anyone about being bullied. Apparently, this all came to a head when someone was signed to replace him on the team. He was not a good player.

So I will just sit here eating my popcorn. It should all come out soon.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

This hazing culture though, some people take it way too far.

I was in the Navy. There was some mild hazing. It's not a totally alien concept to me, but there have to be limits.

The Jason Whitlock piece above is worth a read. here it is again:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99416 ... -incognito
William Shakespeare
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Oh I get you. I am just wondering if there is another element added to the hazing.

Ted Brusci mentioned that in his day the "make the rookie buy the meal" had expanded to $30,000ish range. This is staggering . . . unless you were a first-round draft pick. That was the original "point" of these team things--make the new millionaire who earns more than veterans buy the meal. However, once you got out of the first round, salaries dropped. Now, even the lowest round signee is not "poor" by our standards. He is making six figures. However, he can--and will--be cut at any time. $400,000 seems like a great salary for most . . . until you lose your job, not make all of it, and be effectively out of a career. His Billness [PBUH--Ed.] learned of it and put a stop to it.

Listening to discussions from Other Sports Dudes, the culture is interesting in other sports. Many Massholes despised John Lackey because they [Should be "we."--Ed.] SHUT UP! because they felt he did not earn his salary, threw tantrums, and all of that. It was only later people learned he was pitching on a busted elbow. It was also learned he regularly insisted on paying for all meals for rookies.

Kevin Garnet--the "Love Him on Your Team Despise Him on All Others"--would take rookies out and buy them suits. Make sure they were okay.

Now both have their hazing. Rookies carrying bags, having to go to the airport one day in a dress, et cetera. NFL has the testosterone added to it.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Anaxagoras wrote:I was in the Navy. There was some mild hazing. It's not a totally alien concept to me, but there have to be limits.
Are you crusty? Are you a shellback? Have you bowed on humble knee to Neptunus Rex? Have you kissed the blessed belly?

Inquiring minds ...
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Rob Lister wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:I was in the Navy. There was some mild hazing. It's not a totally alien concept to me, but there have to be limits.
Are you crusty? Are you a shellback? Have you bowed on humble knee to Neptunus Rex? Have you kissed the blessed belly?

Inquiring minds ...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I am a shellback. Only crossed the equator once (well twice actually, going and returning) so while I was hazed I never did any hazing. Come to think of it, boot camp itself is like an official kind of hazing.
William Shakespeare
Evolver

Post by Evolver »

Football culture has, since football began, allowed players from school age on to behave like complete assholes, and often criminals.
So are we supposed to be surprised when they get to the pros and act like assholes and criminals?

I don't know which side is the injured party in this case, but from what I have heard so far, The Conspiracy Theory doc mentioned may be valid. I don't know. And I don't care. Punish them all, just to be fair.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

"Shoot them. Shoot them both."

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Well they just lost to a team that had been winless.
William Shakespeare
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Clearly Martin was the key.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

The official report is out and it doesn't look good.

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-fro ... 1522846626
William Shakespeare
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

No. Been listening at a lot of discussion on it. The upshot seems to be that Incognito will never, and should never, play again. The offensive line coach--if he is not fired yet--will be.

Martin may very well play again.

Incognito and a few others are nothing more than bullies.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Oh and after posting a bunch of Tweets declaring that Martin would be exposed for his lies and all of that a day before the report, the Meat-Head has tried to apologize in Tweets.

I think the best summary of Incognito came from a Cynical--and Atheist--Sports Talking Head who predicted "in 20-odd years" Incognito will be some fat guy in a trailer who, when interviewed, will rant about all the conspiracies that were against him. That is why he failed. Everyone else is at fault.

Typical bully.

--J.D.