Empty Stadium Seats

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Empty Stadium Seats

Post by Rob Lister »

You boyz have fun at the game.

why the fuck they wouldn't hold this at a domed stadium is beyond me.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

What I want to know is who is scheduling the winter storm?
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

I heard a "flash report" on the radio that ticket prices have dropped like $1000.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Doctor X wrote:I heard a "flash report" on the radio that ticket prices have dropped like $1000.

--J.D.
If it drops to $10, I'll buy, frame it, and hang it on the wall.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

If the Patriots were playing current Rams whose quarter back suffered a season-ending injury taking a knee, and I was offered free tickets on the 50 yard line . . . I would not go. Not in those conditions.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/super-bo ... ather-blog
I’m getting so tired of hearing about how the NFL could possibly move the Super Bowl to Saturday... or Monday... depending on the weather.

Look, I understand that it might be necessary if Mother Nature decides to drop 2 or 3 feet of snow on New Jersey that weekend. But come on! Didn't you know that when you made the decision to have a Super Bowl in New Jersey?
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Pyrrho wrote:http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/super-bo ... ather-blog
I’m getting so tired of hearing about how the NFL could possibly move the Super Bowl to Saturday... or Monday... depending on the weather.

Look, I understand that it might be necessary if Mother Nature decides to drop 2 or 3 feet of snow on New Jersey that weekend. But come on! Didn't you know that when you made the decision to have a Super Bowl in New Jersey?
I'm taking Monday off to watch the Super Bowl on TV here (commercial-free on NHK). It comes on at 8 am Monday here. If they move it to Monday, I won't be able to watch unless I call in sick or something.

I bet you the Miamis, New Orleanses and San Diegos are rooting for an epic blizzard.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Anaxagoras wrote:(commercial-free on NHK).
:? That's sad.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

The Commissioner is both the smartest and dumbest of commissioners.

This is "dumb."

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Doctor X wrote:The Commissioner is both the smartest and dumbest of commissioners.

This is "dumb."

--J.D.
Was it a "reward" for building a fancy new stadium with taxpayer money?

If so, it has a certain perverse logic from the perspective of the NFL.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Rob Lister wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:(commercial-free on NHK).
:? That's sad.
It's like the Japanese BBC. No commercials but you have to pay for it if you have a TV.

ETA: If I really want to see the superbowl commercials, I can probably find them on the Internet after the game.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Anaxagoras wrote:Was it a "reward" for building a fancy new stadium with taxpayer money?
Basically. With the NFL it is "all about the money, boys!" Pushing for 18 game season? Money--do not pay the players any more since they will remove pre-season games. Wanting to have teams play in London? Money. There is even speculation of trying to put a team/division permanently in England. People will recall "NFL Europe" but this would be a "4 r34lz t34mz!" rather than a quasi-minor league. We already have that . . . it is called "Canadian Football."

--J.D.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

Doctor X wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:Was it a "reward" for building a fancy new stadium with taxpayer money?
Basically. With the NFL it is "all about the money, boys!" Pushing for 18 game season? Money--do not pay the players any more since they will remove pre-season games. Wanting to have teams play in London? Money. There is even speculation of trying to put a team/division permanently in England. People will recall "NFL Europe" but this would be a "4 r34lz t34mz!" rather than a quasi-minor league. We already have that . . . it is called "Canadian Football."

--J.D.
And NCAA teams.