Deflategate

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Deflategate

Post by Pyrrho »

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/footb ... -tom-brady
"I don't have any doubt about my son's integrity - not one bit," Tom Brady Sr. told USA Today Sports on Wednesday. "In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty. It just seems Tommy is now guilty until proven innocent.

"This thing is so convoluted. They say that possibly - possibly - he was aware of this," he added. "The reality is if you can't prove he did it, then he's innocent, and lay off him. That's the bottom line.

"They had to protect their asses, and that's what they're doing," Brady Sr. said. "I just read that four Colts balls were underinflated. Amazing. Amazing.

"They're saying he's possibly aware. How do you put a cloud over somebody like this?" he asked. "To impugn somebody without conclusive evidence saying this is more probable than not? The reality is they have scientific evidence. Now they're overriding the scientific evidence and badgering the Patriots. It's disgusting."
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Re: Gisele should dump that loser, date me instead

Post by hammegk »

Anaxagoras wrote:No Justice, No Peace!

Cheating cheater Tom Brady -- who while not as bad as Hitler is probably worse than Pol Pot -- should be stripped of all super bowl victories, his rings and sports cars confiscated, and banned from the NFL for life!!!!1ELEVENTY! :x :x :x
And shoot his wife?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

The more who read it and re-read it, the more it falls apart:
Earlier today, I spent way too much time hunting-and-pecking my way through an item regarding the problems with the two pressure gauges used to measure the Patriots footballs at halftime of the AFC title game. I spent so much time focused on the nuances that I didn’t give proper attention to perhaps the most obvious problem of all.

To summarize, the NFL had two air pressure gauges available at the game. One had a Wilson logo on the back and a long, crooked needle. The other did not have a Wilson logo, and a shorter, straighter needle.

The gauge with the logo and the longer needle generated higher measurements of the Patriots footballs at halftime, ranging from 0.3 PSI to 0.45 PSI higher for each of the 11 footballs. If that gauge — the one with the logo and the longer, crooked needle — were used to set the PSI for the balls before the game began, the measurements from that gauge are the right measurements to rely upon at halftime. And those measurements show that there was no tampering, because most of the footballs fell within the 11.52 to 11.32 PSI range for halftime, as predicted by the Ideal Gas Law.

Referee Walt Anderson didn’t clearly recall which gauge he used to set the pressure in the Patriots balls at 12.5 PSI before the game. Page 52 of the Wells report reveals that it was Anderson’s “best recollection” that he used before the game the gauge with the logo and the longer, crooked needle. In other words, Anderson recalls using the gauge before the game that, based on the halftime measurements, leads to a finding of no tampering.

So how did Ted Wells get around the “best recollection” of Walt Anderson? Wells persuaded Anderson to admit that it’s “certainly possible” he used the other gauge. And the company hired to provide technical support for the Wells report concluded based on a convoluted explanation appearing at pages 116-17 of the report that it is “more probable than not” that Anderson used the other gauge.
Let that sink in a bit. The answer Anderson gave--the referee Wells lauds throughout the report--was not the answer Wells wanted. It was the answer that indicated no tampering happened. So he persuades the man he lauds for his "recollection" that it is "possible" it is the other way around despite his lauded recollection then concludes it is "more probable than not." Thus:
In other words, the Wells report concludes on this critical point that it’s “more probable than not” that Anderson’s “best recollection” was wrong.

Why should Anderson’s “best recollection” be doubted? He knew that there was a concern about tampering with the footballs. He presumably was paying more careful attention to the process of getting the balls filled with air before the AFC title game than he normally does.

So which gauge did you use, Walt, realizing that there could be a question later about the inflation of the footballs?

“Well, my best recollection is that I used the one with the long, crooked needle.”

Is it possible, Walt, that you used the other gauge that was available? You know, the one that for whatever reason measures the air pressure at 0.3 to 0.45 PSI lower?

“Well, I don’t know about that. . . .”

Isn’t it possible, Walt?

“Well, it’s certainly possible.”

That’s how investigations that start with a predetermined outcome and work backward unfold.(Holy crap, I think I’m beginning to agree with Don Yee.) And that’s why Wells should have concluded based on the scientific evidence that the question of whether tampering occurred in connection with the AFC title game is inconclusive.

Regardless of whether certain executives in the league office wanted the Patriots to be found guilty of cheating or whether Wells personally believed based on the non-scientific evidence that cheating must have happened, something prevented Wells from making a truly objective assessment of the scientific evidence. And a truly objective assessment of the scientific evidence should have led to this conclusion: It’s unclear whether tampering occurred.

This doesn’t mean the Patriots should be exonerated.
Florio is not a Patriots Ball Deflator Washer. He continues:
The texts between Larry and Curly and the potential involvement of Tom Brady a/k/a Moe Howard requires further examination regarding whether there was a pattern of deliberate efforts to get the footballs below 12.5 PSI at kickoff on a regular basis.And Tom Brady should be presumed guilty at best and suspended indefinitely until he gives up his text messages and emails at worst for his failure to cooperate with the investigation.
This is, of course, ridiculous. Brady is not required to turn over these, and given the "leaks," and the fact the Wells publishes texts from "Larry and Curly" which were of a personal nature and not connected to the possible deflation of balls, one cannot blame his refusal. However, the Players Union--of which Brady is a member of course--opposed such as a precedent.

However, Those Who Wring Their Hands over Brady's texts have to assume that, some how, in some way, "Larry and Curly" kept the questionable texts--which TWWTH tout as "EVIDENCES!!!11!"--and some how, in some way, utterly destroyed the texts where "Moe" instructed them to tamper with balls after they have been approved by the refs.
But as it relates to the AFC title game, the scientific evidence was resolved not simply by a coin flip, but by a coin flip that Walt Anderson recalls as landing heads, and that someone else decided was actually tails. If discipline is going to be imposed on the Patriots or any individuals, it needs to be based on something other than whatever did or didn’t happen before the AFC title game.

Mike Florio: ProFootballTalk

This pretty much encapsulates what should happen.

Matt Chatham: WEEI NFL Sunday

Worth a listen.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks »

Henry Drummond: The Gospel according to Brady! God speaks to Brady, and Brady tells the world! Brady, Brady, Brady, Almighty!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053946/quotes

Oh, Brady just got the NFL fuck. Let the games begin.
Last edited by jacks on Mon May 11, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Breaking news. Brady suspended....
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Enlightening really....

http://yourteamcheats.com

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

4 game suspension for Brady.

$1 million fine for The Patriots.

Give up 2 draft picks. 1st round pick now, 4th round pick in 2017.

Ball handlers suspended indefinitely.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

It is good to call it. The ball-boy union should complain that the ring leader was met with a lesser punishment. But if you do the math, his four-game salary is probably their combined career salary so it all evens out.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Simply helps the conspiracy theorists who feel Goodel is a baby having a tantrum and simply hates Belichick. One of the interviews above discusses how a judge basically concluded Goodel lied about his handling of Ray Rice. It is personal, he has been made to look like a fool all last year, so he is acting out trying to appear "law and order."

Raping women? 4 games.

Targeting other players to injure them for money? No games ultimately.

Beat a woman unconscious? 2 games.

Pipe in music to impair the other team's signaling? No draft picks, no real fine.

Tamper? Minimal fine no loss of draft picks.

Have your team become the most suspended for PEDs in history? No fine. No draft picks.

No actual evidence of wrong doing? 4 games.

"It is what it is."

The Union is already screaming, this will go before an arbiter, so this is a "stay tuned." Separating the Fan Boys from both sides who suggest Kraft should sue and bar the NFL from the stadium or want Brady executed tomorrow and the team sold to Silver, most of the rational types feel the excessiveness of the suspension is designed knowing it will be reduced, probably at least cut in half. The big question is how far Brady wishes to push it.

Nevertheless, Vegas is currently favoring the Pats over the Squealers in the opening game. I do expect--if the suspension holds or is reduced to at least include that game--Kraft to cancel all celebrations including the raising of the banner. This will be post-poned until Brady returns.

Goodel will be informed he is "not welcome."

Or as his agent has promised:
We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me.
Start warming up the popcorn. . . .

--J.D.

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks »

There's gonna be popcorn?
Last edited by jacks on Tue May 12, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Gonna need a lot of it.

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Meanwhile:
That's crazy. That's (the NFL's) best player right there. They fucked up on that one.

--Big Papi
[youtube]0Wep2m9rsng[/youtube]

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Roger Goodell is not happy, that's a paddlin'

Evolver

Post by Evolver »

It is more probable than not that Wells conclusions are exactly what Goodell paid him to conclude.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Evolver wrote:It is more probable than not that Wells conclusions are exactly what Goodell paid him to conclude.
Nah. It comes down to Goodell personally feeling slighted based on conversations and attempted conversations with Patriots and its owners/players/coaches.

Evolver

Post by Evolver »

You didn't see what I did there?
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Evolver wrote:You didn't see what I did there?
I did (including teh funny), but I don't think the report's findings are not accurate. As I've said before, I believe almost all teams (if not every team) maintain their own preference in ball pressure, but not all of them are Patriots and not all of them are coached by the someone with so little fucks to give. Goodell wants total control and when he does not have it, he gets angry and throws around suspensions and fines. Goodell wants his ring kissed, if he still gets that then the suspension may be lessened and draft picks restored. Otherwise this coming season will be under his microscope.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed »

the integrity of the game
:doglaugh:

Football is a wonderbra that separates commercials. That is the "integrity" of the game.

Pullleeeeze
I'll stick my neck out for YOU!!