Deflategate

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Grammatron

Re: Deflategate

Post by Grammatron »

That chart is accurate but it's also bullshit.

True the action is 11 minutes, but they don't take into account substitutions, play adjustments, etc.. All this is just shit talking from people who don't enjoy the game. You can have similar charts for every other sport, even action-driven sports like hockey and basketball.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed »

They suck too.
I'll stick my neck out for YOU!!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Warm up the popcorn:
If the NFL wanted a fight with Tom Brady, they’re going to get one. And history indicates it’s not going to turn out real well for the league.

A day after being suspended four games for his role in Deflategate, the Patriots quarterback has hired 61-year-old Jeffrey Kessler as his lawyer for this Deflategate, as reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. He has represented the players associations of the NFL and NBA in countless arbitrations involving player free agency rights, collusion claims, and salary caps.

Why should the NFL, which also fined the Patriots $1 million and docked the team two draft picks, be concerned?

Kessler is arguably the most successful lawyer in history representing clients who take on established sports leagues. Namely:

In Brady v. NFL, he successfully represented a class of NFL players in an antitrust action which eventually led to the end of the 2011 NFL lockout.

In Belichick v. NFL, et al., he represented Belichick in litigation over changing teams.

In NFLPA v. NFL, he represented NFLPA in a successful challenge to provisions of NFL TV Contracts used to fund the NFL 2011 Lockout.

In McNeil, et al. v. NFL, et al., he won jury verdict for NFL players striking down free agency restrictions under the antitrust laws, eventually leading to the Reggie White class action. That case paved the way for the negotiation of free agency and the salary cap system in the NFL.

In North American Soccer League, et al. v. NFL, he successfully represented North American Soccer League in antitrust case striking down NFL ownership rules.

Most recently, he represented Adrian Peterson and forced the league to reinstate the running back. Safe to say, the NFL didn’t envision this when they started asking about PSIs of footballs in January.

Mike Petraglia: It is What it Is
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

ed wrote:They suck too.
I didn't know you was a hater.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed »

Grammatron wrote:
ed wrote:They suck too.
I didn't know you was a hater.
Professional sports? Yeah, pretty much.
I'll stick my neck out for YOU!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

izittrue

Post by izittrue »

He's an all hating god.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Doctor X wrote:Image

--J.D.
Why include Mayweather when there are plenty of criminals playing for (or retired from) NFL?

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

I think we can also safely say that this will be a South Park episode.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Oh shit yes. They are serious Bronchos fans. Their "Al Qaeda Cartoon" had shitting on Brady. Another episode has Brady crapping his pants against the Bronchos. It is all good.

Sort of like the way Phil Collins thinks when he looks at his Oscar.

As for Floyd "I Done TOLD You ONCE!" I think it is relevant since:
  • 1. Almost zero condemnation of him--see ESPN 24-7 lauding him for about a month.
    2. Reporters were sanctioned and lost credentials for bringing up the topic.
    3. Floyd claims he is innocent despite confessing guilt--he does not give a shit.
    4. During all of this what were people talking about? Deflategate.
    5. People are openly talking about his next fight.
It just goes to show how fatuous this all is. Or as Attorney General Maura Healey observed:
Attorney General Maura Healey yesterday slammed the NFL for having its “priorities misplaced” after the multibillion-dollar league slammed Tom Brady and the Patriots with stiff “Deflategate” penalties but have failed to swing as hard on past instances of domestic violence and sexual assault involving players.

“I see the money and time and energy put into the Deflategate investigation,” Healey told the Herald. “You compare that with what they did and what they’ve done on incidents of domestic violence and sexual assault, it leaves me with the view that the NFL’s priorities are misplaced.

“This again reflects an indifference and callousness of the league and a failure to take account of what seems to be a pervasive problem of sexual assault and domestic violence,” Healey said. “They need to lead. ... They have a platform and have an opportunity to lead. I’d like to see them step up and do that.”
. . . .
Healey said she worries about the message the NFL is sending to children and college athletes when on-the-field penalties against the Pats are so harsh, yet former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice — who was caught on a camera striking his then-fiancee — initially only received a two-game suspension.

Healey said she wants to know what the NFL is doing to address off-field violence involving players.

“I haven’t seen the effort. I saw a couple of ads run during the halftime of the Super Bowl. ... What kind of screenings are they doing of draft picks? What kind of education are they doing with players?”

She added she’d like to see the NFL adopt a “zero-tolerance” policy on domestic violence and sexual assault.

Education around the issues should start with high school athletes, Healey said.

“You look at teen dating violence. It happens. And it’s happening here in Massachusetts and across the country,” Healey said. “We’ve got to start changing the culture around this, and I think the best time to do this is with our young people.”

Antonio Planas: Boston Daily Mail
--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Tom Brady has lawyered up, and many believe the team he put together is on par with the Super Bowl XLIX champs. The New England Patriots quarterback could have his DeflateGate suspension overturned, a source texted ESPN’s Adam Schefter, who relayed the message on “The Herd With Colin Cowherd.” “Brady’s team is unreal,” the source said. “Talented, big-name lawyers: Yee, Kessler, etc. Prediction=won’t miss a game.”

NESN

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

I am willing to wager that Tom Brady will miss at least 1 game.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I actually have no idea.

One thing that is incorrect in many reports is that Brady did not hire the lawyers; the NFLPA did. A lot depends on who hears the appeal and how far Brady is going to push it. I predict he will push it as far as he can unless he knows he is guilty. Despite claims to the contrary, the number is designed to be cut in half on appeal. The NFL always does that. I do not agree with it, but that is what they do.

Beyond that, people are predicting all sorts of things all the way to threats to challenge the NFL non-trust status--something this lawyer sort of started in one of his successful cases.

But people predict a lot of things.

The Wells interview did not help Wells, his report, or the NFL. A critical point will be demonstrating that the investigation was not unbiased. Wells pretty much demonstrated his bias in the interview. I think this is why a few "actual lawyers" are predicting that ultimately the NFL will lose this.

Remember, they lost a year-long suspension twice. Now what also matters is timing. For example, say the appeal brings it down to the predicted 1-2 games and Brady pushes it further. His team could get an injunction halting any suspension pending the litigation. So, practically, no games.

Or maybe he does not get that. So he ends up serving the suspension during litigation. At the end, even if exonerated and Goodell is forced to [CENSORED--Ed.] Brady under the direction of Giselle, he has already not played those games. He will get paid, but that will not be the point.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

And so it begins:
Ryan Hannable:

On Thursday the Patriots released a Wells Report in Context, which contradicts many of the findings of the Wells Report released last week. The Patriots’ report can be found here.

Here are some of the very quick takeaways as stated at the beginning of the report:

— The conclusions of the Wells Report are, at best, incomplete, incorrect and lack context. The Report dismisses the scientific explanation for the natural loss of psi of the Patriots footballs by inexplicably rejecting the Referee’s recollection of what gauge he used in his pregame inspection.”

— Texts acknowledged to be attempts at humor and exaggeration are nevertheless interpreted as a plot to improperly deflate footballs, even though none of them refer to any such plot.

— There is no evidence that Tom Brady preferred footballs that were lower than 12.5 psi and no evidence anyone even thought that he did.

— All the extensive evidence which contradicts how the texts are interpreted by the investigators is simply dismissed as “not plausible.” Inconsistencies in logic and evidence are ignored.

The report was done by Daniel L. Goldberg, a senior partner in the Boston office of Morgan Lewis and who represented the Patriots and was present during all of the interviews of Patriots personnel conducted at Gillette Stadium.

It is What it is
A crapload of information. Here is a nice "tidbit" I heard some rumors about:
In short? According to the Patriots, McNally was operating in plain sight, and the league — which handles the on-site coordination at conference championship games — did a poor job when it came to overseeing the whole thing.

“Nowhere in the report, however, is there any discussion about whether the referee or other League officials failed to properly maintain this supervision, which one would have expected to have been particularly vigilant in the wake of the Colts expressed concerns. The report acknowledges that game officials specifically allowed Mr. McNally to take the game footballs from the dressing room of the Officials’ Locker Room (where the referee was) into the separate sitting room (pg. 55).”

According to the report, McNally walked right past a group of officials, who were apparently paying more attention to the outcome of the NFC championship game between the Packers and Seahawks in overtime than McNally and the footballs.

“No one told Mr. McNally that he could not then proceed to the field with the footballs. When the NFC Championship Game ended abruptly in overtime and Mr. McNally started from the back of the sitting room towards the door to the hallway, he walked by numerous League officials in the sitting room. As the report states (pg. 55), the sitting room was crowded with NFL personnel, game officials and others gathered there to watch the conclusion of the NFC Championship Game on television. Mr. McNally had to navigate this crowd of officials to make it through the sitting room with two large bags of footballs on his shoulders.

“Mr. McNally, a physically big man, hoisted two large bags of footballs and lumbered past all these League officials and out the door of the Officials’ Locker Room. As is clear from the report, no one objected; no one told him to stop; no one requested that he wait to be accompanied by a League official; no one told him that a League official had to carry the footballs to the field. After he walked past all of these League officials and out the door of the Officials’ Locker Room to the hallway, he then walked past James Daniel, an NFL official and one of the people who had been alerted to the Colts psi concerns pre-game (pg. 45). Mr. Daniel, as seen on the security video, looked at Mr. McNally carrying the bags of footballs toward the field unaccompanied by any League or game official, and made no objection to Mr. McNally continuing unaccompanied to the field.

“In short, if officials lost track of the location of game footballs, it was not because Mr. McNally stealthily removed them. (Omitted from the investigation were interviews with all those League officials whom Mr. McNally walked past with the bags of footballs on his shoulders.)”

It is What it is
Fetching more popcorn, Boss!

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Doctor X wrote: As for Floyd "I Done TOLD You ONCE!" I think it is relevant since:
  • 1. Almost zero condemnation of him--see ESPN 24-7 lauding him for about a month.
    2. Reporters were sanctioned and lost credentials for bringing up the topic.
    3. Floyd claims he is innocent despite confessing guilt--he does not give a shit.
    4. During all of this what were people talking about? Deflategate.
    5. People are openly talking about his next fight.
Good points. I was watching Inside the NBA on TNT yesterday and Floyd was at one of the games and he gave a shout out to the hosts, and they all gave one back. Sad really.
Attorney General Maura Healey yesterday slammed the NFL for having its “priorities misplaced” after the multibillion-dollar league slammed Tom Brady and the Patriots with stiff “Deflategate” penalties but have failed to swing as hard on past instances of domestic violence and sexual assault involving players.
Do they have Buzzfeed "writers" working for Boston Herald these days? :P

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks »

BURP!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Grammatron wrote:Do they have Buzzfeed "writers" working for Boston Herald these days? :P
They all cannibalize sources. I have given up trying to--especially after today--hunting it all down. The Boston Herald is the Daily Mail without "the tits on Page 3!" The alternative is the Boston Globe which is arguing that the problem with Shipstain is he was unloved.

--J.D.

Laura Bush

Post by Laura Bush »

Little hands, little dick.

Tom Brady, you're no Brett Favre.