Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
LostAngeles

Post by LostAngeles »

No, but I suck at ADOM.
A_Feeble_Mind

Post by A_Feeble_Mind »

Every once in awhile I get the NetHack urge. Actually, I have a couple different versions for my Palm and end up playing Rogue most of the time. It seems like it should be so easy...
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Played ADOM and nethack a bit, had a lot of fun for a while. Eventually got fed up with consistently dying from silly stuff and stopped. :)
"Skeptics," he said, "suffer from the skeptics' disease-- the problem of being right too often."
- Scott Adams, "God's Debris: A Thought Experiment"
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Yeah, the silly deaths are amusing, but I found myself wanting something where saving was an option, where character growth wasn't subject to you dying cause you happened upon a nest of horrific monsters just as you were getting to the poor little stranded doggy, or what have you.

Oh, and dying over and over as you tried to find the place to go after the starter dungeons in ADOM got old quick. Looking up a walkthrough kind of ruined the rest for me, though.
"Skeptics," he said, "suffer from the skeptics' disease-- the problem of being right too often."
- Scott Adams, "God's Debris: A Thought Experiment"
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Aoidoi wrote:Played ADOM and nethack a bit, had a lot of fun for a while. Eventually got fed up with consistently dying from silly stuff and stopped. :)
ADOM did my head in. Played it about 500 times as a troll or Paladin and always *always* got busted either by chaos or in the eternal flame tower thing.

:evil:
Cecil

Post by Cecil »

Where, oh where has all my free time gone? Nethack has sucked me in. :(

My last (and best so far) game: With 35832 points, Alasta-Val-Hum-Fem-Neu died in The Gnomish Mines on level 12. Killed by an Olog-hai. Level 10, max hp 83.

It did 20 damage a round, and even invisible, speedy, and with a confused sleeping olog hai, I couldn't get enough hits in to kill it.
Cecil

Post by Cecil »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Rumdelf, my Elfin ranger, lost his original dog but has tamed a cat and a horse.
How do you tame wild animals? Feed them tripe?
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Re: Re:

Post by shemp »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:56 pm ..
Think you can just sneak back in here without so much as a "how do you do?", huh?
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: ..

Post by Pyrrho »

@garyvee
With the salaries in the NBA Basketball going the way they are and the brightness and thoughtfulness of so many of the young men in the league, I think we are moments away from many of them becoming the top holders of premium basketball cards as a smart investment long term
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.