A New Love for NASCAR

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

A New Love for NASCAR

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Through a fluke in my usual tv habits, I ended up watching the Daytona 500 race yesterday. I used to watch racing on a smaller-regular basis but I haven't in half a decade.

D500 is a 500-mile, 200-lap race of endurance. First, you have to survive. It is a restricted-plate race so all the cars have the same HP and therefore get bunched-up, nuts-to-butts, for the entire race. To get past that restriction, they work in teams to draft and even push each other to the front.

That seems dangerous at 200mph!

Fuckin' yea! What a fucking mess (squared)

I might watch Talladega!

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Re: A New Love for NASCAR

Post by shemp » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Yokel.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:00 pm

shemp wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:35 pm
Yokel.
Ya know, I always feel like 'a yokel' when I watch NASCAR ... I get my yokel on; it's very southern. I'm kinda a misplaced southern anyway. It's all good. And fun.

To see it live, it cost about $30 bucks to get a good seat. Compare and contrast to $XXXX for NFL. And there you almost never see anyone getting killed ... at least not in the same decade.

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:00 pm
shemp wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:35 pm
Yokel.
Ya know, I always feel like 'a yokel' when I watch NASCAR ... I get my yokel on; it's very southern. I'm kinda a misplaced southern anyway. It's all good. And fun.

To see it live, it cost about $30 bucks to get a good seat. Compare and contrast to $XXXX for NFL. And there you almost never see anyone getting killed ... at least not in the same decade.
If you want to see faster cars and a better chance of death, you have to watch Indy Car. I've never been tempted to go up to Loudon when NASCAR is up here, but I've been caught in the traffic going up there on I93 a few times.

Nothing wrong with getting your yokel on, unless you do it permanently like ed.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want