Dumb sports stories

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Anaxagoras

Dumb sports stories

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:17 am

Swimmer disqualified for wedgie
A talented 17-year-old swimmer at Anchorage’s Dimond High School in Alaska was disqualified after winning the 100m freestyle event on Friday night because the referee overseeing the swim meet said she had violated “uniform regulations.” The teen’s one-piece swimsuit had reportedly bunched up and was showing her “intergluteal cleft,” according to a report from Anchorage Daily News.

The disqualification was contested at the meet and drew immediate criticism.
The swimsuit was school-issued, btw. :roll:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Re: Dumb sports stories

Post by Grammatron » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 am

I bet she had a human body too, slut.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Not dumb exactly, so much as kinda creepy.

Alabama is tracking students’ locations to penalize them for leaving football games early
In recent years, Alabama head coach Nick Saban has complained about student attendance at football games. Notably, he hasn't particularly liked that students either leave early or don't show up for non-conference cupcake games against teams like The Citadel and New Mexico State.
I mean, heaven forbid. The nerve of these slackers!! This is Alabama!! Not going to football games or trying to skip out early is like not going church on Sunday morning. A sure sign of deviance. :x
Well, Alabama now has a plan to keep students inside Bryant-Denny Stadium for all four quarters, and … it's just a bit creepy.

According to a report from The New York Times, Alabama had its students install a version of the app, FanMaker, that tracks their locations while inside the stadium. If they leave early, the app knows and doesn't award them the loyalty points that are needed for perks like College Football Playoff tickets.

Via The Times:

The Tide Loyalty Points program works like this: Students, who typically pay about $10 for home tickets, download the app and earn 100 points for attending a home game and an additional 250 for staying until the fourth quarter. Those points augment ones they garner mostly from progress they have made toward their degrees - 100 points per credit hour. (A regular load would be 15 credits per semester, or 1,500 points.)

The app had issues during last week's game against New Mexico State with servers crashing, error messages and long lines at help kiosks.
To be fair, the only "punishment" here is the withholding of perks like tickets to go see more football at the games that really count. But for this you have to install an intrusive, buggy app on your phone that tracks your location. :roll:
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Not really creepy since a billion things already track their phone. Seems like it would be easy to game (no pun intended) though by turning off your phone, running out battery, using a burner phone and leaving it with other people.

I don't like the message here is that you have to be there for a whole game, especially during the 100 degree all day in the sun games. I've been to one and never again.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am

Speaking of dumb and sports.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:20 am

Grammatron wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 pm
I don't like the message here is that you have to be there for a whole game, especially during the 100 degree all day in the sun games. I've been to one and never again.
Slacker!!! :wink:
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 am

Grammatron wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am
Speaking of dumb and sports.

Do we know for sure that he had CTE in the first place?
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:59 am

My understanding is that it can only be diagnosed after death.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:47 am

The responses are epic, including the one from the Quack Dick Sucker.

–J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Gronk has never been known as the sharpest of tacks. I doubt football has anything to do with this.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want