Weekend, Part II

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!

What's it to be then, eh?

Move the fire ring out from under the tree so the tree won't catch fire
8%
Lay around on your dead ass
25%
Dig out the sewing machine and make ineffective plague masks
17%
Bag up all those 5 1/4" floppies and throw them away
8%
Bag up all those 3 1/2" floppies and throw them away
8%
Pull up the weed barriers in the garden
8%
Fire up the chain saw and risk life and limb clearing out junk trees
8%
Take a trip to scenic Planet X
17%

Total votes: 12

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Weekend, Part II

Post by Pyrrho »

What's it to be then, eh?
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Weekend, Part II

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Bag up all those 5 1/4" floppies and donate them to the American Museum of Natural History. :p
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Don't do anything that might result in an accident that requires a visit to the hospital. Unless it is in NZ or China because everything is always wonderful there.
About that stereo
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

ed wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 pm Don't do anything that might result in an accident that requires a visit to the hospital. Unless it is in NZ or China because everything is always wonderful there.
Could have used that advice before I whacked my left foot with the mattock when hacking out sumac roots. Steel-toed boots are great unless you target the medial tarsal. Fortunately I am not hobbled and nothing is broken. Except possibly in certain locations between the ears.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
ed

Post by ed »

In China you'd be cured already.
About that stereo
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:05 pm Bag up all those 5 1/4" floppies and donate them to the American Museum of Natural History. :p
Need installation disks for Xerox Ventura Publisher or Zenographics Mirage? I haz em.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

ed wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:41 pm In China you'd be cured already.
Before or after a vacation in one of their spas in the remote parts of Mongolia?
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Oh yeah, it was my Dad's old mattock. Even has original duct tape still wrapped around the handle.

I take it as a message from beyond the grave.

"Did you say ouch?" --his favorite saying whenever one of us sustained any injury requiring stitches.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Pyrrho wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:41 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:05 pm Bag up all those 5 1/4" floppies and donate them to the American Museum of Natural History. :p
Need installation disks for Xerox Ventura Publisher or Zenographics Mirage? I haz em.
When I graduated college after my MS degree I used the college's equipment one last time to copy all my 5 1/4" floppies to "stiffies".

When I switched from Win 98 to Win 7 in 2009, the new computer had no floppy drive, so I set up a directory structure on my hard drive and copied them all there, then one last use of my Win 98 machine to burn the whole mess onto a CD.

At the present time "Old Floppy Archive" also lives on here and there in the cloud both zipped and unzipped.

Includes my super cool undergraduate project that makes it possible to play background music while doing something else on MS-DOS 3.31 :coolspecs:

:oldman:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I may still have a 5 1/4" drive around here somewhere, but nothing to plug it into.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Yea, and you'll need a controller for it that fits what's on a modern motherboard.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Pretty sure the 5 1/4" inch drive was busted anyway. So I got packs of square beer coasters.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

I still have a working PC set up that has all three 5 1/4, 3 1/2 and CD-writer drives. Running Win 98SE. And I have an external Iomega Zip drive that I could probably get working on the same PC if I tried.
Fid

Post by Fid »

I have an eight pound sledge hammer which belonged to me granddad or maybe earlier. Bring it on ya'll computer geeks.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
Fid

Post by Fid »

Me next door neighbor was using his saws-all to clear nandina roots from out the border.
Well one thing lead to another and goddammit we had honest to god face to face guy talk conversation.
Turns out his work may take him to Bahrain.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
ed

Post by ed »

Pyrrho wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:42 pm
ed wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:41 pm In China you'd be cured already.
Before or after a vacation in one of their spas in the remote parts of Mongolia?
No, then I would be buying your spleen for replacement surgery and your corpse would be touring in one of those Faces f the Dead exhibits that so epitomize the commies.
About that stereo
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Hmm an entrepreneur would sell transplant rights for the entrepreneur's various organs to the highest bidder. What am I bid for this gently used, well maintained left lung?

Anyway, I moved the fire ring.

Today I'm going out to take up the weed barriers in the garden.
ed

Post by ed »

You might move the fire ring again, maybe back to where it was. Don't forget to summarize your activities and forward said summary to the relevant Team Members. And remember to keep your hands and eye off the Team's Members.
About that stereo
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Pulled up weed barriers. There are a few left to be done. Right now I am laying around on my <figuratively> dead ass.