Meghan and Harry thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Anaxagoras

Re: Meghan and Harry thread

Post by Anaxagoras »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:34 am Wouldn't she have to divorce whatsisface and stop calling herself duchess?
To run for president?

As far as I know, there is no legal reason why she would have to do either, but I'm not an expert on the subject.
Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for holding the presidency. To serve as president, one must:

be a natural-born U.S. citizen of the United States;
be at least 35 years old;
be a resident in the United States for at least 14 years.[1]
A person who meets the above qualifications would, however, still be disqualified from holding the office of president under any of the following conditions:

Under Article I, Section 3, Clause 7, upon conviction in impeachment cases, the Senate has the option to order, by a simple majority, that an individual be forever disqualified from holding federal office, which includes that of president.[2]
Under Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment, no person who swore an oath to support the Constitution, and later rebelled against the United States, is eligible to become president. However, this disqualification can be lifted by a two-thirds vote of each house of Congress.[3]
Under the Twenty-second Amendment, no person can be elected president more than twice. The amendment also specifies that if any eligible person serves as president or acting president for more than two years of a term for which some other eligible person was elected president, the former can only be elected president once.[4][5]
Link

Nothing in constitution would seem to prohibit it. Assuming that she has resided in the United States for at least 14 years, which she probably has.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Giz

Post by Giz »

Maybe the foreign emoluments clause would discourage it?

“ No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

There is also an amendment pending (has been pending since 1810) which would specifically ban it.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

But of course the first Black Woman president must be Michelle, so Meghan will have to wait her turn.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

So she would have to give up the title of Duchess and renounce any emoluments from the British Crown. I don't think she would have to divorce Harry though.
William Shakespeare
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Anaxagoras wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm So she would have to give up the title of Duchess and renounce any emoluments from the British Crown. I don't think she would have to divorce Harry though.
So marrying a British Royal is not an automatic renunciation like joining a foreign army. :BigGrin3:

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

I predict they will soon be long divorced. :)

I give them two more years before the unofficial separation, and no more than three for the more official version of that. It might have lasted much longer if they stayed in the UK, but now that she's back on her turf ...
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:34 am Wouldn't she have to divorce whatsisface and stop calling herself duchess?

Whereas the Oprah thing is entirely plausible.

Whoopi Goldberg needs to get in on this too.

How to fight systemic racism

1) Marry a rich white royal.

2) ...
Ftfy.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Fair enough, but I broadened it to include Whoopi. :lmao:

Witness

Post by Witness »

So Harry would become President-consort or First Gentleman? :P
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Finally, some dishy shit about the happy couple not from the Daily Fail. :)

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to talk with Boys & Girls Club (ABC)
MADISON (WKOW) -- Boys & Girls Club of Dane County President Michael Johnson said that he spoke with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, on Saturday.

According to a Tweet Johnson posted, "Meghan has agreed to talk with girls in Wisconsin".

Johnson also said Meghan Markle's team that reached out to him, wanting to talk to Althea Bernstein, the 18-year-old who was attacked and set on fire with lighter fluid last Wednesday.

Johnson told 27 News the details of the meeting are still being discussed, but the event will likely be happening virtually. He hopes it will be a town hall style event that will reach young people in Wisconsin and across the U.S., who are dealing with an difficult time right now.

"This has just been really emotional and with all the protests and I just think now is a good opportunity for folks to hear from folks like them, but also have our young people to engage and to hear their message, so I'm just so thankful I extended the invitation and they accepted immediately."

He says Markle and Prince Harry talked about the importance of making sure the voices of young people are heard.

Emphasis added.

It's the only way the alleged hate crime (she was not seriously hurt and no one else saw it) can get enough publicity.

Or do I have it backward? Sharing publicity with the alleged hate crime is the only way the Duchess can get enough publicity.

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

It doesnt matter "who" the Megster chooses to "reach out" to. Someone will be critical of it or assign "motives" to it.

That's what constant unwarranted negative publicity does.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

I'm a big fan of publicity hound shaming.

No matter if it's Duchess of Sussex, Caitlin Jenner Kardashian, George Zimmerman, etc etc.

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

She does have very white teeth though. Just look at that photo. How does anyone get teeth that fucking white and unnatural-looking? They look like a row of Star Wars stormtrooper codpieces. I mean, you think Harry's shirt is white, but when you see it in contrast to those teeth, you realize that it's just a dull gray.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

ceptimus wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 am She does have very white teeth though. Just look at that photo. How does anyone get teeth that fucking white and unnatural-looking? They look like a row of Star Wars stormtrooper codpieces. I mean, you think Harry's shirt is white, but when you see it in contrast to those teeth, you realize that it's just a dull gray.
That's Hollywood teeth for you. I don't really know the details of how they do it, but perhaps they are not natural teeth? :notsure:
Abdul Alhazred wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:57 am It's the only way the alleged hate crime (she was not seriously hurt and no one else saw it) can get enough publicity.

Or do I have it backward? Sharing publicity with the alleged hate crime is the only way the Duchess can get enough publicity.
Hmmm.

Althea Bernstein, A Biracial College Student, Says She Was Set On Fire By 4 White Men (Elle)
Althea Bernstein, an 18-year-old biracial woman from Madison, Wisconsin, was driving to her brother's house last Wednesday, when four white men allegedly doused her with fluid and tossed a flaming lighter inside her open car window, setting her neck and face on fire.

The college student suffered severe burns and will eventually need plastic surgery, according to Madison365. The incident is being investigated as a hate crime, according to the Madison Police Department incident report. Here's everything you need to know.
:notsure:
What happened to Althea Bernstein on June 24?

Bernstein was stopped at a red light when she heard someone yell “a racial epithet” at her, according to the police report. Her attackers, identified in the report as "four men, all white," allegedly sprayed liquid onto her face and threw a flaming lighter at her, causing the liquid to ignite.

She “patted out the flames,” according to the report, and went home. Bernstein later drove herself to the emergency room. Hospital staff believe the liquid was lighter fluid.

Bernstein told Good Morning America she hasn't slept or eaten much since the incident: "Once it happened, I don't even remember anything, but your brain still has that fight or flight response that takes care of you. So I made it home, I called my mom, I drove myself to the ER."

She suffered second- and third-degree burns and will need additional medical care. "It’s definitely a learning opportunity and I’m very very hopeful that these men sort of see all the responses and that they know they hurt me and that this is something that’s going to affect me for a while," Bernstein said on GMA. "I really hope that they choose to improve themselves."
OK, that last bit seals it. This never happened. The injuries are self-inflicted. She's playing the martyr.
William Shakespeare
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

ceptimus wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 am She does have very white teeth though. Just look at that photo. How does anyone get teeth that fucking white and unnatural-looking? They look like a row of Star Wars stormtrooper codpieces. I mean, you think Harry's shirt is white, but when you see it in contrast to those teeth, you realize that it's just a dull gray.
Language award. :figamagee:

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:06 pm I'm a big fan of publicity hound shaming.

She wasnt a publicity hound in the UK. Other people decided she was, plastered her face all over the newspapers for months, mostly with "source" stories about how she wants to colonise Mars, then said "see?see? Always wants publicity and is not white St Diana of Mercedes."

That's my point.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if HRH the Princess of All That is Wholesome and Proper English decided, "Nyaah . . . I'll walk" and had a longer relationship to, Heavens to Betsy . . . marriage! with "That Wog" how she would be remember'd and treated.

Rhetorical question.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 am I sometimes wonder what would have happened if HRH the Princess of All That is Wholesome and Proper English decided, "Nyaah . . . I'll walk" and had a longer relationship to, Heavens to Betsy . . . marriage! with "That Wog" how she would be remember'd and treated.

Rhetorical question.

– J.D.
Princess Attention of Vacuous had already been forgiven for soiling herself with a Muslim. That's the amount of unwarranted adulation it commanded from her loyal proles.

Charles fucks a horse... evil. Princess Norma of Desmond fucks a polo player, an antiques dealer, the England rugby team and the son of the obnoxious racist owner of Harrods.....Charles evil.

As for her legacy alone? Being killed when she did was probably the best thing for it. It was only downhill from that point.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Her background is show-biz. Of course she's a publicity hound, even if she toned it down for Harry while he was courting her.

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

What could be better for a publicity hound, than to marry a prince? And after she's milked the marriage for the maximum publicity, she can get even more publicity by affairs, divorce, and then marrying some different rich and famous person - maybe a sport star, or politician next time.