Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 86044
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Not quite Chicago

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

gnome wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 pm Not in this case. I think there was no room for intention to come into it, any more than questioning the intentions of evacuating a burning house once the fire began.

"They never wanted to live there in the first place," says AA.
And their lives are more important than the people they will kill?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 24342
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by gnome »

I don't think you have to release killers. It takes a risk assessment, but surely there's low-hanging fruit to start from, and then see where you are. But it's not just the prisoners' lives at stake--the staff, the guards, they become vectors too when it's overcrowded.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 86044
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Not quite Chicago

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

gnome wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:23 pm I don't think you have to release killers ...
But they did, and there's already a body count.

Your default assumption is good intentions. That is the source of your errors.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
User avatar
sparks
Posts: 16855
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by sparks »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:28 pm
gnome wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:23 pm I don't think you have to release killers ...
But they did, and there's already a body count.

Your default assumption is good intentions. That is the source of your errors.
Produce your evidences AA.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 24342
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by gnome »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:28 pm
gnome wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:23 pm I don't think you have to release killers ...
But they did, and there's already a body count.

Your default assumption is good intentions. That is the source of your errors.
And your default assumption is wanting to release killers? I'm not sure I catch the incentive there. Choosing badly doesn't seem likely to sell the idea of non-emergency prisoner releases.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 86044
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Not quite Chicago

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

gnome wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:47 am And your default assumption is wanting to release killers? I'm not sure I catch the incentive there. ...
Emptying the prisons has been on the wish list of the radical left for a while. What has changed is that big capitalists are now on their side, or using them.

Violent criminals are perceived by radical leftists as revolutionary cannon fodder, and it doesn't matter how many times it doesn't really work that way.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 28054
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Anaxagoras »

Japan is having a second wave but the government doesn't seem to be responding with the same alacrity that it did the first time.

Image

Perhaps because the first wave was rather mild compared to those in other countries. Japan hasn't yet recorded its thousandth death from the disease and new daily deaths remain in the low single digits even as new infections are on the rise again.

In the above, the graph shows new daily infections.
The numbers on the top row are current infected patients, new infections (most recent day) and total infected patients. (Numbers in parentheses are the change from the previous day)
Second row is total deaths and total discharged patients.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 9594
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sweetheart
Location: USA

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

.........................
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 9594
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sweetheart
Location: USA

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

.........................
User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 30063
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2021680

Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in U.S. Children and Adolescents
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 30063
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Pyrrho »


The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 30260
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 9594
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sweetheart
Location: USA

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

That’s not true about Nam


Jesus


There is nothing some fucktard won’t make up and present as facts

Countering each deception or lie is both impossible and a waste of time


Fuck off internet

Just fuck right off


lol
.........................
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 9594
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sweetheart
Location: USA

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

.........................
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 9594
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sweetheart
Location: USA

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

It’s one of those fucked up things, that something as simple as a known drug combined with zinc can’t simply be known about

Exactly what the effect is, in any case

But fuck no, it’s like a huge goddamn mystery
Last edited by robinson on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.........................
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 28054
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Anaxagoras »

Coronavirus: Protein treatment trial 'a breakthrough' (BBC)
The preliminary results of a clinical trial suggest a new treatment for Covid-19 dramatically reduces the number of patients needing intensive care, according to the UK company that developed it.
The treatment from Southampton-based biotech Synairgen uses a protein called interferon beta which the body produces when it gets a viral infection.
The protein is inhaled directly into the lungs of patients with coronavirus, using a nebuliser, in the hope that it will stimulate an immune response.
The initial findings suggest the treatment cut the odds of a Covid-19 patient in hospital developing severe disease - such as requiring ventilation - by 79%.
Patients were two to three times more likely to recover to the point where everyday activities were not compromised by their illness, Synairgen claims.
It said the trial also indicated "very significant" reductions in breathlessness among patients who received the treatment.
In addition, the average time patients spent in hospital is said to have been reduced by a third, for those receiving the new drug - down from an average of nine days to six days.
The double-blind trial involved 101 volunteers who had been admitted for treatment at nine UK hospitals for Covid-19 infections.
Half of the participants were given the drug, the other half got what is known as a placebo - an inactive substance.
I like that the trial was double-blinded. Although 101 participants is somewhat small. Still, a 79% reduction in severe disease sounds pretty impressive.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 30063
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Pyrrho »


The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 30260
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Witness »

Should be required reading.

But they don't read, so…
User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 30063
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 24342
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by gnome »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:02 pm
gnome wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:47 am And your default assumption is wanting to release killers? I'm not sure I catch the incentive there. ...
Emptying the prisons has been on the wish list of the radical left for a while. What has changed is that big capitalists are now on their side, or using them.

Violent criminals are perceived by radical leftists as revolutionary cannon fodder, and it doesn't matter how many times it doesn't really work that way.
So much of your argument is driven by assumptions of people's hidden agendas.

But I'll make a different point--if someone takes an idea (the need to release non-violent prisoners during a pandemic) and does something different (releasing violent prisoners) it doesn't make the original idea wrong.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2