Looking for a new career? How about some vocational training?

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Looking for a new career? How about some vocational training?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Apparently there's still some question about it for some odd reason.

Exorcists to Jesuit head: Satan is real
Catholic News Agency ( Really Catholic. See this ==> https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/about.php )
Vatican City, Aug 23, 2019 / 11:49 am (CNA).- An international organization of Catholic exorcists said Thursday that the existence of Satan as a real and personal being is a truth of Christin doctrine.

“The real existence of the devil, as a personal subject who thinks and acts and has made the choice of rebellion against God, is a truth of faith that has always been part of Christian doctrine,” the International Association of Exorcists said in an Aug. 22 press release.

The organization’s release came in response to recent remarks on the devil from Jesuit superior general Fr. Arturo Sosa, SJ, which the organization called “grave and confusing.”

The exorcists said they released their statement to provide “doctrinal clarification.”

Sosa made headlines earlier this week when he told Italian magazine Tempi that “the devil exists as a symbolic reality, not as a personal reality.”

The devil “exists as the personification of evil in different structures, but not in persons, because is not a person, is a way of acting evil. He is not a person like a human person. It is a way of evil to be present in human life,” Sosa said.

Citing a long history of Church teaching on the nature of Satan, including several citations from Pope Francis and his recent predecessors, the exorcists’ organization said that Catholics are bound to believe that Satan is a real and personal being, a fallen angel.

Looks like Fr. Arturo Sosa, SJ is just a tad heretical, and in a way that threatens certain livelihoods as well as damning souls to Hell.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Witness

Post by Witness »

I note the exorcists prudently use the "truth of faith" expression. :P

If they had some cojones they would assemble and summon The Lord of Darkness© (or at least some colorful demon) in front of television cameras to settle the question once and for all.
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Update: Allegedly a big deal in Minnesota lately.

Exorcisms make a 21st century comeback in Minnesota, U.S.
Minneapolis Star Trubune
They arrive with a crucifix, a book of prayers, holy water and a conviction that the Holy Spirit is at their side.

Infrequently summoned for decades, Catholic exorcists say they are now being beckoned across Minnesota and the nation, as pleas from the faithful to “cast out the devil” are on the rise.

“Sometimes they hear voices in their heads,” said Bishop Andrew Cozzens of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. “They have reactions they don’t understand. Fits of rage. Sometimes it’s a depression they just can’t shake and psychologists can’t help.”

Exorcism, often considered a relic of the Dark Ages, is making a 21st-century comeback. Catholic dioceses, including in St. Cloud and Winona-Rochester, say they now are sending their exorcists to a new U.S. institute that trains spiritual warriors. No official data are available, but Catholic leaders say there are more Catholic exorcists in the United States today than at any time in recent memory.

“When I first was appointed as exorcist in 2005, I knew of only a dozen exorcists in the United States,” said the Rev. Vincent Lampert, exorcist of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis and one of a handful of American exorcists public about their work. “Today I’d say there are at least 175 — and more each year.”

That’s not to mention the countless faith leaders for charismatic and Pentecostal communities who believe in casting out demons.

But psychologists warn that even well-intentioned treatment of traumatized people can aggravate the situation. They urge individuals to focus on evidence-based interventions.

“There are treatments for trauma supported by strong scientific evidence, but exorcism is not among them,” said University of Minnesota psychology Prof. Patricia Frazier.

The Twin Cities Archdiocese is currently working with “several dozen” people, Cozzens said.

But not everyone who believes they are possessed and requests an exorcism gets one, church leaders say.

The archdiocese exorcist, Cozzens said, collaborates with several professionals to evaluate the situation. The church encourages people to seek medical or mental health help if deemed necessary, the protocol urged by the Vatican. But if the person exhibits what Catholics view as hallmarks of the devil, such as extraordinary strength or speaking in unknown languages, the spiritual battle begins.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Is it cheaper than healthcare?

He could also have promised to cast out the evil spirits and stomp the demons. I'm disappointed…
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

More exorcism in the news. Yet another crisis to worry about! :)

Italian exorcist says society risks collapse due to ‘aggressive Satanism’
Crux
ROME - One long-time Catholic exorcist has sounded an alarm over what he called an uptick in “aggressive Satanism,” especially among young people, which he insists is due in part to the rapid growth of cultural secularism and a lack of strong role models.

Among other things, Dominican Father Francois Dermine said, exposure to the demonic at a young age encourages violence, ranging from bullying to more serious manifestations.

“There are many groups of satanism,” Dermine said, noting that internet exposure has also increased, and references to the demonic are increasingly prevalent in videogames and school games such as the “Charlie Charlie challenge,” in which players cross two pencils on a grid with sectors marking ‘yes’ or ‘no’ and ask a supernatural being, “Charlie,” to answer the questions they ask.

“Satanism is getting much more aggressive and also diffused,” Dermine said. Speaking to Crux, he faulted growth in secularism, which he said retired pontiff Benedict XVI dedicated much of his papacy to fighting, as one of the main causes.

An exorcist for the Archdiocese of Ancona-Osimo in Italy, Dermine says he’s been dealing with the demonic a quarter of a century, since 1994.

“Secularization leaves a void,” he said, explaining that alongside it is a “sort of spiritual, ideological and also cultural void. Young people do not have anything to satisfy their spiritual and profound needs. They are thirsting for something, and the Church is not attractive anymore.”

For extra giggles, here's the Freeper thread ==> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-rel ... 3141/posts

Witness

Post by Witness »

Job for exorcists - Swiss diocese seeks exorcists

The diocese in Chur is looking for a new exorcist who will cast out demons from the faithful and cure them from possession. The city in Switzerland is considered the "Eldorado of exorcism" - and exorcisms of devils are also on the increase nationwide.

Exorcism - that sounds like creepy rituals from the Middle Ages. But exorcisms are still part of everyday life in Switzerland. Bishop vicar Christoph Casetti, who died on 9 February 2020 at the age of 76, was one of the best-known exorcists in the country - although he himself preferred to speak of "healing and deliverance". With his death, the diocese of Chur is now looking for a new exorcist. The exorcist position with them is "currently vacant", said the media representative of the diocese of Chur.

Ritual exorcisms of demons or the devil are on the rise in Switzerland. According to the "SRF", around 1300 exorcisms are carried out annually in the Swiss churches. According to the Protestant advisory centre "Relinfo", the number of exorcisms of the devil in Switzerland has tripled between 2012 and 2017. "Chur is the Eldorado of exorcism in the German-speaking world," says Georg Schmid of "Relinfo".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Original article (German)
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Ritual exorcisms of demons or the devil are on the rise in Switzerland. ...
Finally the Swiss get around to fixing their demonic possession problem.

Once they get that under control, they can go international and offer Authentic Swiss Exorcism all over Europe and the USA. :)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

How an exorcist priest came face-to-face with the devil himself
NY Post
Picture caption: Father Gabriele Amorth, who founded the International Association of Exorcists in 1994, said he can even purge a demonic possession via a Skype session, though most exorcisms take more than a single session. "I am content if, in a mildly serious case, a person is liberated within four or five years of exorcisms," he said. "I have had rare cases of liberations in a few months."

“Unclean spirit!” Amorth bellowed. “Whoever you are and all your companions who possess this servant of God … I command you: Tell me your name, the day and the hour of your damnation.”

The man fixed him with a glare and snarled: “I am Lucifer.”

Skype. :)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

What this country needs is ...

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Good cheeeeeeerist.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Witness

Post by Witness »

↑ Needs some British humor:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Will one of our UK folks please explain what the "Speaker" does and is he (inherently) from the majority party?

I can see he's chairing the meeting, and I had thought that was one thing the PM does.

Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Wiki explains it better than I could.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker ... _elections

The speaker is elected independently, usually from the opposite party of the departing incumbent. The election is of a nominated house member and is usually uncontested.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

I'm sure I came up with Twatter first. ~ Moi
I only steal from the rich. :BigGrin3: ~ Witness
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Just a reminder -- Exorcism is not just for Christians.

Here the Muslim government of Indonesia is considering putting it to practical use.

Transgender people could be forced to undergo exorcisms to 'save' them under proposed laws in Indonesia
Daily Fail
  • 'Conversion treatments' to purge what bill advocates say is a sexual deviancy
  • Treatments ranged from bombarded with Koranic verses in a locked room...
  • ... to being doused with freezing water by imam to purge 'gender disease'
  • Widely believed being gay or transgender is result of person being possessed

Although now a Muslim-majority nation, traditional tribal animist and shamanist beliefs have been incorporated into the cultural and religious identity across the Southeast Asian archipelago, which is home to more than 260 million.

Exorcisms have long been used for everything from tackling mental illness to clearing villages of alleged apparitions.

Worth reading the whole thing.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

‘Demonic texts’: The enemy can use technology, says exorcist
Philippine Daily Inquirer
MANILA, Philippines — Demonic spirits can send text messages to cell phones and use modern technology to harass or lure people to the dark side.

Fr. Jose Francisco Syquia, chief exorcist of the Archdiocese of Manila, also says receiving messages from demons is an experience common to priests helping possessed persons liberate themselves.

“We did not expect [demons] could do so but if you ask other exorcists, they would tell you the same experience. Usually [the demons would swear at you] or say, ‘This person will never get away from us,’” he says in an interview.

Syquia, president of the 170-strong Philippine Association of Catholic Exorcists (PACE), has been performing exorcisms since 2002.

His most memorable encounter with demonic texts happened in 2003 when the office cell phone used by the Archdiocese of Manila Office of Exorcism (AMOE) received menacing messages from the phone of a female ex-satanist referred to him by a Cavite-based priest. The priest earlier reported seeing the woman levitate.

As “Gina,” Syquia’s secretary and AMOE coordinator, remembers it, the priest was in his office speaking with the possessed woman and her companion when the companion’s phone began receiving messages from the possessed’s phone that was in another room, near Gina’s desk.

The messages were all in Filipino. “Don’t believe Father,” one read. Another claimed that Syquia was a sinner and a liar, and that he wouldn’t be able to help the woman at all.

Gina says she herself received a call from the possessed woman after the latter left their office. During their conversation, her phone was also getting messages saying it’s not true that God loves her and she’d fail in helping Syquia perform the exorcism.

“I erased the messages right away after our conversation. We don’t keep records of them. We believe it is not okay to keep them,” Gina says.

Read the whole thing. Many interesting testimonies.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

:bishop:
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.