Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
The Atheist

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by The Atheist »

Witness wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:47 am To be fair, confinement has its own problems: COVID-19 Lockdown Reduced Mental Health, Sleep, Exercise

But I'll take that anytime over clogged blood vessels! :|
Actions have consequences.

One of the things we were warned about at the start was that suicides would skyrocket.

Never happened, and in fact it seems that the rates were lower.

We won't know what the full impact of Covid was for several years, I'd say.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
robinson
Title: Pretty much dead already

Post by robinson »

Gun control in Chicago works as well as covid restrictions do, to stop deaths
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Not sure what you are saying there.
Fact is that Biden/Harris have come out with confiscation as a policy. That is the presumptive president and his soon-to-be replacement saying that. That position therefore has weight.
This space for let
robinson

Post by robinson »

Fuck them both
robinson

Post by robinson »

Was that clear enough?
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
robinson

Post by robinson »

So we went from “there has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus” to multiple vaccines in 7 months
robinson

Post by robinson »

I knew the Pfizer vaccine worked 3 months ago
robinson

Post by robinson »

So really it was about 4 months to make a working vaccine
Witness

Post by Witness »

The Atheist wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:52 pm One of the things we were warned about at the start was that suicides would skyrocket.

Japan seems to have been hit:
Japan suicides rise as economic impact of COVID-19 hits home

TOKYO: The number of suicides in Japan rose in October for the fourth month in a row to the highest level in more than five years, data showed on Tuesday (Nov 10), a trend activists have blamed on the economic impact of the coronavirus, on women in particular.

According to preliminary police data, the total number of suicides for October was 2,153, an increase of more than 300 from the previous month and the highest monthly tally since May 2015.

Of October's cases, 851 were women, a rise of 82.6 per cent over the same month in 2019. The number of suicides by men rose 21.3 per cent.

Cases of suicide had been falling steadily until July but then the economic impact of the novel coronavirus outbreak hit home and the numbers started rising, activists say.

Women, who are more likely to be in non-permanent employment in the retail or service industries, have been disproportionately affected by job losses.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... t-13508574

The Atheist wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:52 pm We won't know what the full impact of Covid was for several years, I'd say.
Agreed, alas. :|
Witness

Post by Witness »

Missouri health director quits over harassment for telling the truth about pandemic

Amber Elliot, St. Francois County, Missouri health director, explains why she decided to resign her position after being targeted for harassment over telling the truth about the pandemic.
Interview at the link: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/11/19/m ... t_E_VpIky8
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Witness wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:11 am Japan seems to have been hit:
Trust Japan to buck the trend.

And their unemployment rate is the lowest it's been for years.
Last edited by The Atheist on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Tldr. So what is "the truth"?
This space for let
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

robinson wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:19 am So really it was about 4 months to make a working vaccine
Here's why:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/mod ... ly-results
Both Moderna and Pfizer’s vaccines rely on messenger RNA, or mRNA, a genetic molecule that cellular machinery “reads” to build proteins inside cells. For these vaccines, the mRNA contains instructions for building the coronavirus’ spike protein, which helps the virus enter human cells.

The vaccines induce human cells to make the spike protein, and the immune system then makes antibodies to latch onto the spike proteins. Those vaccine-stimulated antibodies may prevent the real virus from infecting healthy cells in the future.

No vaccine using such mRNA technology has ever been used in people. If such vaccines prove successful, that could expedite the vaccine-making process. “That’s one of the strengths of the platform,” Luning Prak says. “Within a matter of essentially minutes, you could basically design a vaccine.” That’s because these vaccines don’t rely on laboratory-grown cells to produce millions of doses like other types of vaccines do. All researchers need is the genetic code for a particular viral protein, such as the spike protein. Although choosing the right protein out of many possibilities to generate the best immune response may still prove tricky, mRNA vaccines “clearly have promise,” she says.
Lucky that there are real geniuses at work on these advances in medical science. As opposed to hack politicians who want all the credit for themselves, despite not being able to form complete sentences.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
robinson

Post by robinson »

The advances in triggering the human immune system are indeed futuristic and a drastic change from the old days.

Vaccines for any virus are now possible, and combined with advances in testing, understanding nutrition and how the immune system works, we are actually on the edge of breaking out of the past darkness and idiotic mandates that somehow still haunt the demonic world of medicine.

I know that sounds like rhetoric, but the failures of the CDC, the WHO, and other medical authorities, in regard to this latest "novel" virus, they really are demonic.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Because everything is now politics, and the woke have their fat idiot fingers in every pie, China actually comes out looking good in the fight against the virus. Taiwan really came out good.

Non woke countries did fine. Science based countries did well. And countries that simply stopped travel did incredibly well.

The Big Brother narrative is idiocy, because Big Brother does not deal with reality, but rhetoric and beliefs and other stupid shit.

The reality is simple and easy for anyone to understand. If you have a deadly virus that spreads from person to person, the way to stop it is to stop people from spreading it. Then you make vaccines, and then you prepare for the next one.

None of this was done, or will be done, by people who follow politics.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Witness wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:11 am
The Atheist wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:52 pm One of the things we were warned about at the start was that suicides would skyrocket.

Japan seems to have been hit:

TOKYO: The number of suicides in Japan rose in October for the fourth month in a row to the highest level in more than five years, data showed on Tuesday (Nov 10), a trend activists have blamed on the economic impact of the coronavirus, on women in particular.

According to preliminary police data, the total number of suicides for October was 2,153, an increase of more than 300 from the previous month and the highest monthly tally since May 2015.

Of October's cases, 851 were women, a rise of 82.6 per cent over the same month in 2019. The number of suicides by men rose 21.3 per cent.

Cases of suicide had been falling steadily until July but then the economic impact of the novel coronavirus outbreak hit home and the numbers started rising, activists say.

Women, who are more likely to be in non-permanent employment in the retail or service industries, have been disproportionately affected by job losses.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... t-13508574
But notice the highlighted bit. This may just be a reversion to the mean. They say last month was "the highest level in more than five years" but what was happening in May of 2015? Japan is just a country that always has had a lot of suicides. Pandemic or no pandemic. The rate has risen for 4 months in a row, but only after it "had been falling steadily" for some time. So, eventually it reverts to the mean.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

All the reasoning capability of a piece of chewing gum stuck to the underside of a desk.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »