I've been adopted!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Darat

I've been adopted!

Post by Darat »

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my adoption by Jasper: http://www.darat.demon.co.uk/jasper.jpg

has now officially come through. Yesterday the humans he had permitted to look after him for 7 years moved out. Whilst Jasper said that they had performed reasonable well over the seven years he had absolutely no regrets in dumping them.

In a brief statement he said “Over the last few months I had noticed that the level of service from the previous pet humans just wasn’t coming up to scratch and I’ve found Darat is so much more subservient and it is convenient that he is already almost fully trained.”

I've apparently come-up to his exacting standards and the official transfer of ownership happened yesterday and to mark this official moment, when I became his exclusive property for the rest of his life or until such times as he decides I am surplus to requirements, he bit me when I was stroking him.
richardm

Post by richardm »

Don't you have a cat already, Darat? How is he taking to the newcomer?
Darat

Post by Darat »

richardm wrote:Don't you have a cat already, Darat? How is he taking to the newcomer?
When I moved into my house (last May) next door had two cats - Jasper the boss above and a 6 months old kitten.

Jasper started to visit me as soon as I started to have BBQs - no surprise! According to next door he was not a very friendly cat, didn’t like to be handled and so on. Well he started coming into the house and whilst I didn't discourage him I didn't encourage him either. (He'd come through the open bathroom window and I'd find him fast asleep when I came home from work.)

Long story but next-door was in the middle of two families coming together and I think it was too noisy etc. for Jasper and he started spending more time in my garden, outhouse and then house. And when they were away I would feed him.

The big surprise was when I got my kitten at Christmas (partly because I realised how much I missed having a cat) I thought Jasper wouldn’t stand for it and I never see him again. However he adored Buster and Buster adored him (Buster still follows him around), which as I say surprised me and Jasper's owners as they said "he can’t stand his brother".

That's long enough but the short (ha) of it is we've decided that he had already left "home" so to speak and they didn’t want to take him when they moved since he was so settled.

So from having no cats last year I now have a one eyed, shoulder pinned, bruiser of a 7 year old not intact "but I'll go out tom'ing anyway" adult cat and two kittens.
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Jasper looks exactly like my elder cat... :shock: Let me check if she is here...
richardm

Post by richardm »

Heh!

Well, he doesn't look like a bruiser in that picture, he looks a very handsome cat!

I hope he'll be very happy with you - now he's got two kittens to train in his image, it'll be the worse for you if he's not :D