The Greatest Show on Earth

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

I'll wait for the movie.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Tell us how the ending turns out.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Any clowns? There ought to be clowns.
DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Pyrrho wrote:Any clowns? There ought to be clowns.
Don't bother.

They're here.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Did I miss the news flash that Dawkins isn't cool any more? :evil:
I still like him.

As far as the book goes, I like to read while straphanging so I prefer a paperback. I would like to read it someday, though.
DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Anaxagoras wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Did I miss the news flash that Dawkins isn't cool any more? :evil:
I still like him.

As far as the book goes, I like to read while straphanging so I prefer a paperback. I would like to read it someday, though.
We won't tell the straph infection.
Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Update: I finished it.
Good.

Can I borrow it?
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

He stopped being cool when he joined the Brights and started the A stuff.

Sorry, I get a little tired of people with causes to sell, and I have no use for the cult mentality.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

"It's not enough that you're right! You have to be a dick about it!"

--South Park

--J.D.
DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Interestingly enough, Darwin proceeds from artificial to natural selection, too. Darwin's audience was mostly familiar with artificial selection, though. Dawkins's audience mostly isn't, any more.
manny

Post by manny »

DrMatt wrote:Interestingly enough, Darwin proceeds from artificial to natural selection, too. Darwin's audience was mostly familiar with artificial selection, though. Dawkins's audience mostly isn't, any more.
Which is really sad. If anyone in the world ought to understand evolution it's Kansans. When they get all stoopid about evolution I want to show them all the scraggly grassy thing they used to call maize and ask them what the hell happened to turn it into the huge juicy kernels they grow today.
hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

manny wrote:
DrMatt wrote:Interestingly enough, Darwin proceeds from artificial to natural selection, too. Darwin's audience was mostly familiar with artificial selection, though. Dawkins's audience mostly isn't, any more.
Which is really sad. If anyone in the world ought to understand evolution it's Kansans. When they get all stoopid about evolution I want to show them all the scraggly grassy thing they used to call maize and ask them what the hell happened to turn it into the huge juicy kernels they grow today.
And if they have more intelligence than a slug they'll tell you corn is corn .. and that great danes and chihuahuas are dogs. :wink:
DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

manny wrote:
Denial. And of course, injuns couldn't have had anything to do with it.
grayman

Post by grayman »

DrMatt wrote:
manny wrote:
Denial. And of course, injuns couldn't have had anything to do with it.
God did it.