'Murica

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 19288
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago

Re: 'Murica

Post by WildCat »

No one is ever going to mess with these girls!

[ytube][/ytube]
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 28870
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: 'Murica

Post by Anaxagoras »

Image

Image

Image

Pro-gun Florida mom is accidentally shot by her four-year-old son while driving after the boy found her pistol in back seat - just a day after she bragged about his shooting skills (The Daily Fail)

Could have gone in the Florida thread, but this one needed a bump. :P

According to the comments some sort of liberal plot to take our guns.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 73453
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: 'Murica

Post by Doctor X »

Anax posts a wonderful "Live Up to Your Negative Stereotype" upon which I started to pontificate; however, I think her hubritic ["Hubritic?"--Ed.]--perfectly cromulent--ignorance speaks for itself.

"Kid banged his mom."

I am a bad man.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
hammegk
Posts: 15132
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:16 pm
Title: Curmudgeon
Location: Hither, sometimes Yon

Re: 'Murica

Post by hammegk »

Witness wrote:Image
Almost but not quite in New Mexico.
User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 73453
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: 'Murica

Post by Doctor X »

Image

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
Bruce
Posts: 20584
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:46 pm
Title: Bruce of all Bruces
Location: Massachusetts

Re: 'Murica

Post by Bruce »

Anaxagoras wrote:According to the comments some sort of liberal plot to take our guns.
According the Florida Times Union, the responding deputy noticed the boy was not strapped to the booster seat in the car when he arrived at the scene.
Wells said: 'We’re satisfied that this is not a criminal shooting.'
In Texas, they wouldn't have been so quick to jump to conclusions.

4-years old are lying little bastards.

Probably was disgruntled after mom told him he wasn't old enough be in a car without a booster seat. :|
Such potential!
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 73453
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: 'Murica

Post by Doctor X »

Look at all the thin people. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
Image
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25185
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: 'Murica

Post by gnome »

The blue zone is lying.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

gnome wrote:The blue zone is lying.
What?!? :shock:

Image
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 73453
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: 'Murica

Post by Doctor X »

They make silicon in 'Murica?







What?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 19288
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago

Re: 'Murica

Post by WildCat »

[ytube][/ytube]
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Image
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Time wrote:Americans Weigh 15 Lb. More Than They Used To

In the report, published Wednesday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics, researchers looked at data from 2011 to 2014. They found that the average man, who’s about 5 ft. 9 in., weighs 195.7 lb., and the average woman, almost 5 ft. 4 lb., weighs 168.5 lb. For men, that’s about 15 lb. more than average in 1988–94; women are now more than 16 lb. heavier. Men and women’s heights were about the same two decades ago.

Kids are similarly heavier today than they were in the past. On average, an 11-year-old boy weighs about 13 lb. more now than in 1988–94, and a girl of the same age weighs about 7 lb. more. Boys are about an inch taller on average, and girls this age are the same height.
http://time.com/4435152/obesity-overwei ... americans/ (with links)
User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 35728
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: 'Murica

Post by Grammatron »

All them freedoms is heavy.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Grammatron wrote:All them freedoms is heavy.
Image
User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 35728
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: 'Murica

Post by Grammatron »

'Murica has better marbling.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

[youtube][/youtube]

Found this interesting (and it's a vid with some rhythm to it). Is the US part reasonably well discussed?
User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 35728
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: 'Murica

Post by Grammatron »

I saw it on reddit. In the comments it was mentioned that it only applies to passenger trains, the freight train system in the US is world class.

Personally, the few times I've tried trains in the US it's been a horrible and slow experience. Cars and/or planes are just far quicker and more convenient.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Grammatron wrote:I saw it on reddit. In the comments it was mentioned that it only applies to passenger trains, the freight train system in the US is world class.

Personally, the few times I've tried trains in the US it's been a horrible and slow experience. Cars and/or planes are just far quicker and more convenient.
Yes, the vid also stressed the difference in scale & population density between Europe and the US of A. (A fact that we often tend to forget here.) Freight trains are in no hurry, like ships.

Yet I had very entertaining experiences with slow trains, e. g. in Poland or Ireland. :)
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

The Guardian wrote:Texas has highest maternal mortality rate in developed world, study finds

As the Republican-led state legislature has slashed funding to reproductive healthcare clinics, the maternal mortality rate doubled over just a two-year period
[…]
The finding comes from a report, appearing in the September issue of the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology, that the maternal mortality rate in the United States increased between 2000 and 2014, even while the rest of the world succeeded in reducing its rate. Excluding California, where maternal mortality declined, and Texas, where it surged, the estimated number of maternal deaths per 100,000 births rose to 23.8 in 2014 from 18.8 in 2000 – or about 27%.

But the report singled out Texas for special concern, saying the doubling of mortality rates in a two-year period was hard to explain “in the absence of war, natural disaster, or severe economic upheaval”.

From 2000 to the end of 2010, Texas’s estimated maternal mortality rate hovered between 17.7 and 18.6 per 100,000 births. But after 2010, that rate had leaped to 33 deaths per 100,000, and in 2014 it was 35.8. Between 2010 and 2014, more than 600 women died for reasons related to their pregnancies.
[…]
In 2011, just as the spike began, the Texas state legislature cut $73.6m from the state’s family planning budget of $111.5m. The two-thirds cut forced more than 80 family planning clinics to shut down across the state. The remaining clinics managed to provide services – such as low-cost or free birth control, cancer screenings and well-woman exams – to only half as many women as before.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... cs-funding
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 28870
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: 'Murica

Post by Anaxagoras »

If true, that is huge. In 2014 there were 3,988,076 births in the US. Let's just call that 4 million. That's an increase of 5 per 100,000. So that would be about 200 more maternal deaths in 2014 than if the rate had stayed the same.

Could there be another explanation?

One possibility is that the mortality risk increases with age (by a lot over age 35):

Image

And indeed, women are having babies at older ages than they used to:

Average Age Of First-Time Moms Keeps Climbing In The U.S.
Fifteen years ago, the mean age of a woman when she first gave birth was 24.9 years old. In 2014, that age had risen to 26.3.
I don't think that accounts for all of it though.

ETA: Here's one more trend that may be playing a small role here:
More Women Are Choosing to Give Birth Outside of Hospitals
A new study of U.S. births in 47 states, from 2004 to 2014, indicates a small but growing trend: More women are foregoing hospitals in favor of birthing their babies at home or in natural birth centers.

The study finds that, overall, the percentage of out-of-hospital births rose from less than 1 to 1.5 percent overall in that 10-year period.
Apparently no studies (that I could find) have compared the risk of maternal mortality between out-of-hospital and in-hospital births, but the risk of infant mortality is about double.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: 'Murica

Post by Witness »

Anaxagoras wrote:Apparently no studies (that I could find) have compared the risk of maternal mortality between out-of-hospital and in-hospital births, but the risk of infant mortality is about double.
Wikipedia wrote:A 2014 US survey of medical studies found that perinatal mortality rates were triple that of hospital births, and a US nationwide study over 13 million births on a 3-year span (2007-2010) found that births at home were roughly 10 times as likely to be stillborn (14 times in first-born babies) and almost four times as likely to have neonatal seizures or serious neurological dysfunction when compared to babies born in hospitals, while a 2007 UK survey found that perinatal mortality rates were only slightly higher in that country than planned hospital births for low-risk pregnancies. Both baby's and mother's higher mortalities are associated with the inability to timely assist mothers with emergency procedures in case of complications during labour, as well as with widely varying licensing and training standards for birth attendants between different states and countries.
(my emphasis)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_birth (with slightly NSFW picture)

From what I read (in French, so I don't link), it is still widespread in the Netherlands: good counseling, good teams to assist the mothers at home, and hospitals at ~ 10 min drive in case of complications, even if the percentages declined from 29,4 % in 2005 down to 15,9 % in 2013.
But some hospitals have also made an effort to make things look less "technical", hiding the gear, &c.
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Witness wrote:Why trains suck in America
Because government ruined the industry.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Anaxagoras wrote: Could there be another explanation?
People illegally crossing the border into Texas with an advanced pregnancy, coming now because of the fear mongering about Trump closing the crossings?
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 28870
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: 'Murica

Post by Anaxagoras »

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote: Could there be another explanation?
People illegally crossing the border into Texas with an advanced pregnancy, coming now because of the fear mongering about Trump closing the crossings?
No, this is years ago. Trump has nothing to do with it.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Anaxagoras wrote: One possibility is that the mortality risk increases with age (by a lot over age 35):
Right, its been increasing nationwide.

Liberals sold women the lie that they could start a career and then try to have kids in their 30's, and its not working out.

Image
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Anaxagoras wrote: No, this is years ago. Trump has nothing to do with it.
You don't think people that were thinking about jumping the border are not taking the opportunity to jump now before the possibility of a Trump shutdown of crossings?

That is denying basic human behavior.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 28870
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: 'Murica

Post by Anaxagoras »

Before 2015, nobody seriously thought Trump might be president, so no.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Ohh, I see your point.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Liberalism is killing women by promoting late in life childbirth.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25185
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: 'Murica

Post by gnome »

How dare those liberals, telling women they can have a career. Line em up!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

gnome wrote:How dare those liberals, telling women they can have a career. Line em up!
No, the lie was you can have both.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40070
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: 'Murica

Post by ed »

gnome wrote:How dare those liberals, telling women they can have a career. Line em up!

Thats an interesting question. I've met not a few women who had their careers and either didn't have kids or had them late. They have a rather jaundiced view of the rosy "have it all" philosophy.

As an employer I'd be very careful about hiring a young married woman into a position where I really really depended on her being there. As an entrepreneur it would be irresponsible.
This space for let
User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 35728
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: 'Murica

Post by Grammatron »

ed wrote:As an employer I'd be very careful about hiring a young married woman into a position where I really really depended on her being there. As an entrepreneur it would be irresponsible.
Is it based on evidence or do you just assume someone having a child is incapable of being a productive employee?
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:No. The lie is that most working class women would even have the choice.
Worked out for the tax man, now it takes two people to provide the same as only one before.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

Grammatron wrote:Is it based on evidence or do you just assume someone having a child is incapable of being a productive employee?
I don't think that's it at all. Gender doesn't matter here. The point is its very difficult to do a good job raising a family and good a good job with a career if you are doing both.

eta: any single parent is at a disadvantage
Last edited by JEROME DA GNOME on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25185
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: 'Murica

Post by gnome »

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:
gnome wrote:How dare those liberals, telling women they can have a career. Line em up!
No, the lie was you can have both.
Don't give me that, we obviously should not have let them out of the kitchen.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

gnome wrote:Don't give me that, we obviously should not have let them out of the kitchen.
Let who out of the Kitchen? My best friend in elementary school had a working mother and a stay at home father.

Sorry that you got suckered into advocating double taxation on the working class because you were taught to salivate when the bell rings.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 23316
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: 'Murica

Post by Rob Lister »

Gnome, you're being a fag. Just so you know.
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25185
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: 'Murica

Post by gnome »

I'm playing strawman ping pong. He throws em, I throw them
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
JEROME DA GNOME
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

Re: 'Murica

Post by JEROME DA GNOME »

No strawmen.

Has not the economy progressively required two income households to pay for what a one income household could pay for 50 years ago?
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious.